Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,271,515 Views | 49226 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by nortex97
AgFan2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SpreadsheetAg said:

Tailgate88 said:

Any speculation as to the reason for the delay, presumably until after the mid-terms? It is really seeming like Republicans are feeling good about the elections and don't want to make any waves for the moment.
Yeah, if they weren't confident or hopeful about holding, they'd go ahead and do this for the risk. But given that it's so close, and that they don't officially lose control (if it turns out that way) for several months (Jan) they should wait.

So we have a justice system that is political by nature......How is that a good thing?

akm91
AG
Mr.Infectious said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Tailgate88 said:

Any speculation as to the reason for the delay, presumably until after the mid-terms? It is really seeming like Republicans are feeling good about the elections and don't want to make any waves for the moment.
Yeah, if they weren't confident or hopeful about holding, they'd go ahead and do this for the risk. But given that it's so close, and that they don't officially lose control (if it turns out that way) for several months (Jan) they should wait.

So we have a justice system that is political by nature......How is that a good thing?

It's a congressional oversight hearing, not a judicial hearing. Hyperbole much?
drcrinum

More on the Concord Management case.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Hhmm. Anybody else reading that and immediately thinking of how such an approach could be used against wikileaks and posters like Q on reddit and the chans?

If Congress wanted to make anonymous internet political speech subject to FEC regulations, they could pass a law but I still think SCOTUS would strike it down.
BMX Bandit
is full transcript available anywhere? Or technofrog just putting bits & pieces?
BlueMiles
AG
True, but I also thought of Comey's second twitter account.
akm91
AG
Glad to see you posting! Missed seeing your wit around these parts.
RoscoePColtrane

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1054900366305837056.html
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Glad to see you posting! Missed seeing your wit around these parts.
MIL came down for a surprise visit curtailing my TexAgs time for a week or so.
GCP12
AG
BMX Bandit
Mueller doesn't have that evidence. Thats nonsensical. Democrats want so bad to believe that evidence exists, but it simply doesn't.

GCP12
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Mueller doesn't have that evidence. Thats nonsensical. Democrats want so bad to believe that evidence exists, but it simply doesn't.
That's his point. Greenwald is a leftist, but he has always been a huge skeptic on the Russia probe
aggiehawg
AG
BlueMiles said:

True, but I also thought of Comey's second twitter account.
And the fake email accounts used by Loretta Lynch and Obama.
Wildcat
AG
GCP12 said:

BMX Bandit said:

That's his point. Greenwald is a leftist, but he has always been a huge skeptic on the Russia probe

He also has trouble forming sentences. I had to read that mess several times to figure out what he was attempting to argue.
drcrinum
BMX Bandit said:

is full transcript available anywhere? Or technofrog just putting bits & pieces?
I don't know where Techno Fog obtained the transcript of the hearing. I looked for it when I posted his thread last night but couldn't find it. However, here is the transcript of the judge's order following the hearing:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Friedrich-order-Concord.pdf

I am unable to copy & paste the relevant parts. The judge directed the government to answer 2 questions by yesterday.
MOCO9
AG
GCP12 said:

None of it makes sense. Along these same lines, if the Kremlin had blackmail material on Trump would it really be blackmail material anymore? What are they going to do, tell the world he had hookers pee on a bed? Cats out of the bag on that one (I know that's uncorroborated)
aggiehawg
AG
I've read those questions about five times now and I'm still not sure what the court is actually asking.

For purposes of the Motion to dismiss is the court to assume that none of the defendants nor their co-conspirators had a legal duty to file under either the FEC or FARA? If there is no such legal requirement, then how could failure to do constitute the crime of somehow defrauding those agencies and interfering with their agency business?

This type of circular reasoning and logic was also present in the Papadopoulus pre-sentencing report when Team Mueller falsely stated that Papadopoulus interfered with the FBI's ability to interview Josef Mifsud while he was in DC for a symposium. Team Mueller conveniently omitted the narrative that it was the Papadopoulus meeting that started Operation Crossfire Hurricane in July 2016 yet the supposed false and misleading statements of which they complained Papadopoulus uttered were in January, 2017.

Mifsud wasn't in hiding during that period. The FBI knew where he was, hell they sent agents to his training classes in years past. Dispatch a couple of agents to Rome and interview the guy the moment Crossfire Hurricane began.

Between this Conchord case and Papadop, Team Mueller has a penchant for turning a failure by any government agency into someone else's fault and a crime to boot. That's the very definition of ambiguity that were it actually codified into a federal statute would be struck down immediately because it did not adequately convey to the public just what constitutes criminal activity until after the fact.
MOCO9
AG

93MarineHorn
Quote:

None of it makes sense. Along these same lines, if the Kremlin has blackmale material on Trump would it really be blackmale material anymore? What are they going to do, tell the world he had hookers pee on a bed? Cats out of the bag on that one (I know that's uncorroborated)
Trump likes brothas? Is that the "blackmale" Russia has on Trump?
MOCO9
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

None of it makes sense. Along these same lines, if the Kremlin has blackmale material on Trump would it really be blackmale material anymore? What are they going to do, tell the world he had hookers pee on a bed? Cats out of the bag on that one (I know that's uncorroborated)
Trump likes brothas? Is that the "blackmale" Russia has on Trump?
haha ok that's it done posting for life
drcrinum

backintexas2013
AG
He is pushing all in. He doesn't seem scared at all.
tsuag10
AG
Papa is making sure that it's obvious what happened to him when he disappears one day.....

Very interested to see where he and Carter Page end up in all of this.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1055224994882600967.html?refreshed=1540425362

Short thread on the probable reason Mifsud went into hiding.
FJB
AG
drcrinum said:

If this goes through, then every anonymous source and reporter should be procsecuted to the hilt.
Who is John Galt?

Tailgate88
AG
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/24/mueller-investigation-grand-jury-roger-stone-friend-938572

Quote:

Special counsel Robert Mueller appears to be locked in a dispute with a mystery grand jury witness resisting giving up information sought in the ongoing probe into alleged Trump campaign collusion with Russia.

It's unclear exactly what the two sides are fighting over, but the case appears to resemble a separate legal battle involving an associate of Trump ally Roger Stone, Andrew Miller, who is fighting a Mueller subpoena. Miller's lawyers are using the case, slated to be argued at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals early next month, to mount a broad legal assault on Mueller's authority as special counsel.

In the more shadowy case, which involves an unknown person summoned before a grand jury this summer, the D.C. Circuit on Monday set a separate round of arguments for Dec. 14.

The case traveled in recent months from U.S. District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, back down to Howell and back up again to the appeals court with most details shrouded in secrecy, another indication that much of Mueller's activity is taking place behind the scenes and is rarely glimpsed by the press or public.

Quote:

The grand jury cases pose a threat to Mueller's investigation because they can serve as vehicles to get questions of his authority and legal legitimacy before appellate judges relatively quickly. Such questions have also been raised by defendants in some of Mueller's criminal cases, but all the human defendants who have set foot in a courtroom have ultimately decided to plead guilty and drop any challenges to the special counsel's authority or tactics.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

I wish there was a way we could obtain copies of the complete court transcripts from this week.
Tailgate88
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Holy chit...I can't believe that's real!

Quote:

Now, in a mind-bending, intergalatic, whiplash fashion, he says for the first time, I did, I did, I charged violations of FECA and FARA. (1)"

(1) Which sounds a lot like "I did, I did, I taw a puddy tat." Tweetie (1948)
RoscoePColtrane
I know it's off topic but it's a slow day

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/413095-papadopoulos-argues-he-may-have-been-entrapped

Papadopolous is testifying before the House Oversight & Judiciary Committees today.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Can you dig up a full link to the brief?
goatchze
AG
drcrinum said:

Publius is spinning in the grave fast enough already. No way does this argument hold.
aggiehawg
AG
All of this makes me wonder what would happen if one of the GRU agents in the Russian bot case were to show up and enter a general appearance? Granted, Mueller already jettisoned that case back to nat sec department of the DOJ but would they even attempt to proceed or just dismiss?
RoscoePColtrane
blindey said:

Can you dig up a full link to the brief?
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-10-25%20CEG%20to%20DOJ%20FBI%20(Swetnick%20and%20Avenatti%20Referral)_Redacted.pdf
Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 645 of 1407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.