Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,484,433 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by aggiehawg
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Secolobo said:

I'll bite......Cigars?
I considered that, but I doubt Bill's cigars and Hillary ever interacted.
Secolobo
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Secolobo said:

I'll bite......Cigars?
I considered that, but I doubt Bill's cigars and Hillary ever interacted.
Not humid enough.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
aggiehawg
AG
I find the timing on this story odd. The NYT is suggesting Rosenstein has personal animus against Trump.

Quote:

He alternately defended his involvement, expressed remorse at the tumult it unleashed, said the White House had manipulated him, fumed how the news media had portrayed the events and said the full story would vindicate him, said the people, who in recent weeks described the previously undisclosed episodes.

Quote:

In the months since, Mr. Rosenstein has reached out to people including in late-night texts to discuss how his reputation has fared and his frustrations with the White House and members of Congress who have targeted him, according to people who spoke to him.

Quote:

Mr. Rosenstein's conversations last spring offer new insights into the tumultuous week that followed Mr. Comey's firing.

In a series of meetings at the Justice Department, senior F.B.I. officials argued for Mr. Rosenstein to appoint a special counsel to run the Russia investigation and investigate Mr. Comey's firing, according to people briefed on the matter. Some of Mr. Rosenstein's own allies turned on him, accusing him of sullying his reputation by allowing himself to be used by the president.

Quote:

On the afternoon that Mr. Mueller's appointment was announced, Mr. Sessions was in the Oval Office with the president discussing candidates to be F.B.I. director when they both learned that Mr. Rosenstein had made his decision. Mr. Trump erupted in anger, saying he needed someone overseeing the investigation who would be loyal to him. Mr. Sessions offered to resign.

Mr. Sessions felt blindsided by Mr. Rosenstein's decision. After leaving the White House, Mr. Sessions's chief of staff, Jody Hunt, confronted Mr. Rosenstein, demanding to know why he had not given them advance warning, according to a lawyer briefed on the exchange. Mr. Rosenstein has told others that he was worried at the time he would be fired by the president.

Andrew C. White, a former federal prosecutor who worked with Mr. Rosenstein and remains close to him, said he believed Mr. Rosenstein "had every right to be furious."
"The White House put Greyhound tire tracks on his back," Mr. White said. "They threw him under the bus."
LINK

RoscoePColtrane
This is a key point in Q&A that really needs to be focused on. I think my crappy transcribing of it is close to dead on. Rosey slurs sometimes and it throws me off.

Gaetz: Let's get to the FISA renewal you signed list for me the people who briefed you on the substance of that FISA renewal to spy on people.

Rosenstein: Here's one thing that's important for you to understand. People can make all kinds of allegations publicly. I am quite confident about my conduct throughout this investigation. That matter is under review by the Inspector General. We'll see what the Inspector General finds.

Gaetz: Did you read the FISA application before you signed it?

Rosenstein: I won't comment about any FISA application.

Gaetz: You won't say to the committee whether or not you read the document you signed that authorized spying on people associated with the Trump campaign.

Rosenstein: I dispute your characterization of what that FISA is about, sir.

Gaetz: Did you read it or not?

Rosenstein: I'll be happy to discuss details with her.

Gaetz: Did Peter Strzok brief you on it?

Rosenstein: No.

Gaetz: Did Lisa Page brief you on it?

Gaetz: Did Sally Moyer brief you on it?

Rosenstein: Let me explain the process if I may.

Gaetz: Did Trisha Anderson brief you on it?

Rosenstein: No FBI personnel briefed me on it. The process, sir, that these FISA applications or renewals first come up through the FBI chain of command. They are sworn under oath by a career federal agent. I'm not the affiant.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Yeah that is 100% stagecraft BS right there. The left is going to the mattresses.

Just saying

Code 7 10-42
Synopsis
RoscoePColtrane said:

This is a key point in Q&A that really needs to be focused on. I think my crappy transcribing of it is close to dead on. Rosey slurs sometimes and it throws me off.

Gaetz: Let's get to the FISA renewal you signed list for me the people who briefed you on the substance of that FISA renewal to spy on people.

Rosenstein: Here's one thing that's important for you to understand. People can make all kinds of allegations publicly. I am quite confident about my conduct throughout this investigation. That matter is under review by the Inspector General. We'll see what the Inspector General finds.

Gaetz: Did you read the FISA application before you signed it?

Rosenstein: I won't comment about any FISA application.

Gaetz: You won't say to the committee whether or not you read the document you signed that authorized spying on people associated with the Trump campaign.

Rosenstein: I dispute your characterization of what that FISA is about, sir.

Gaetz: Did you read it or not?

Rosenstein: I'll be happy to discuss details with her.

Gaetz: Did Peter Strzok brief you on it?

Gaetz: Did Lisa Page brief you on it?

Gaetz: Did Sally Moyer brief you on it?

Rosenstein: Let me explain the process if I may.

Gaetz: Did Trisha Anderson brief you on it?

Rosenstein: No FBI personnel briefed me on it. The process, sir, that these FISA applications or renewals first come up through the FBI chain of command. They are sworn under oath by a career federal agent. I'm not the affiant.

He isn't very good at hiding his complete disdain for those that question his authority. I think that will be his downfall.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Let's unpack that for a moment.

First, it doesn't matter one whit whether he is the affiant, he signed it as an officer of the court, period.

Second, the "career federal agent" could be Strzok even though Rosenstein denied being "briefed" directly by him.

Third, the time frame here, late July 2017, Andy McCabe is Acting Director as Wray hasn't been confirmed yet. The suggestion that Peter Strzok and Andy McCabe as "career federal agent(s)" above reproach is ludicrous at this point. A honest appraisal of, "If I knew then, what I know now, I would have acted differently," would be appropriate instead of defiant anger and deflecting to the bureaucratic process.

Finally, how big of an, "Oh, s***!" moment was it for Rosey when Horowitz sauntered in and dropped the Strzok/Page text bombshell on him and Mueller just a day or two after he signed it?
captkirk
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

What a POS, pull his credentials

Is there a bigger D-bag on the planet?
RoscoePColtrane
Correct the affiant comment was fodder and Gaetz called him on it, he signed it, that abolutely makes him an affiant.

My real main point of the exchange is the "Characterization" of the warrant itself. That warrant Rosey signed is 180 of what everyone is being told in the press and twitter.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Correct the affiant comment was fodder and Gaetz called him on it, he signed it, that abolutely makes him an affiant.

My real main point of the exchange is the "Characterization" of the warrant itself. That warrant Rosey signed is 180 of what everyone is being told in the press and twitter.
We don't know which warrant renewal application Rosenstein is actually referring to in that exchange. My spidey senses tell me there was a Title 1 FISA warrant on Manafort from 2016-2018.

But let's go back to the time frame here. Rosenstein has only been confirmed for a couple of weeks when Comey was fired and Mueller appointed. Who was advising Mueller on staffing decisions? Comey? McCabe? Rosenstein?

How did both Strzok and Page get assigned to the Mueller probe? Because they were the instigators and investigators of the original counter-intel operation regarding Russia and the Trump campaign. Rosenstein can try to distance himself from Strzok all he wants but the fact remains, Rosenstein approved that hire by Mueller.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Judicial Watch announced U.S. District Court Judge Reggie B. Walton instructed the Justice Department to immediately begin producing records about DOJ communications with Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior DOJ official Bruce Ohr. Nellie Ohr worked for Clinton campaign vendor Fusion GPS on the anti-Trump Dossier campaign document.

Judge Walton rejected a Justice Department request to begin producing documents six months from now and ordered the DOJ to begin producing documents immediately on a rolling basis over the next two months. Judge Walton also rejected DOJ's efforts to restrict their search to only 2016.
Judge Walton repeatedly criticized the Justice Department during a June 14 hearing:

I think if it's been almost, since December when the initial request was made more should have been done by now. And it seems to me if you have someone who's going to come into office and they say they're going to be a disrupter, that they should appreciate there's going to be a lot of FOIA requests and therefore, should gear up to deal with those requests. So I'm not real sympathetic to the position that you have limited staff and therefore, you can't comply with these requests. So I think you're going to have to get some more people.
I mean FOIA is considered to be very important. I keep getting from the government, from various agencies we can't do this, we can't do that because we don't have the resources. I'm not real sympathetic to that. FOIA is important. Open government is important, and government has to comply with FOIA in order to make it an open government.
LINK
RoscoePColtrane
I'm fully convinced that PT Barnum of the oval is beating the left at their own game.

He has told his appointees to just keep your heads down in the battle, there is going to be some close quarters strafing going on, don't come out of your holes until you are told to, and let me fight these *******s on the public stage in the media, just do your jobs.

I find myself getting sucked into the show, and start losing track of the facts that are right in front of me and let the smoke distract me. Trump is beating up his own people and forcing the left to come to their defense and defend them at all costs because they believe it's the only real chance they have of getting Trump.

If you look at the center of the scene and lay off the fringes, it soon becomes clear. And I got to that meeting with Rosey, Mueller and Trump on May 16th 2017, they day before he was appointed SC.

Quote:

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump interviewed Robert Mueller as a potential replacement for fired FBI Director James Comey the day before the former FBI director was named special counsel, a White House official said Tuesday.

The official who preferred to remain anonymous, would not detail what the two discussed during the interview, said it took place on May 16. If Mueller knew he was going to be named special counsel, it is unlikely he divulged that information to Trump. CNN has reported at the time that the White House was given only a brief heads up that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was naming Mueller to oversee Russian interference in the 2016 election and potential collusion from Trump's campaign associates.
This is a 100% planted story by the oval, to start the cover for Mueller and his mission. Almost simultaneously NPR drops this.
Quote:

The Trump White House had been considering Robert Mueller as a top candidate to lead the FBI before the deputy U.S. attorney general changed course and tapped Mueller to serve as special counsel investigating Russian interference in last year's election, two sources familiar with the process told NPR.

Mueller had gone so far as to meet with Justice Department leaders and White House officials about the FBI job, which opened after President Trump fired Director James Comey on May 9. But that idea went by the wayside after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein instead reached out to Mueller to run the politically sensitive Russia probe, which is examining ties between Russians and Trump campaign aides, the sources said.

Mueller has long been considered one of Washington's most indispensable men. He served in top roles at the Justice Department and became President George W. Bush's FBI director only days before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks devastated the country.

President Barack Obama asked Mueller to continue to serve for two more years past the director's normal 10-year term, a move that required Congress to pass special legislation. Congress cited "the critical need for continuity and stability at the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the face of ongoing threats to the United States and leadership transitions at the Federal agencies charged with protecting national security."
Now there are two sources that the left lives and breathes on, and they are both pointed at that meeting to highlight it, and NPR flaunts Mueller's impeccable reputation that anyone outside of the people that really study his career, he seems like their savior. They have defended Mueller from day one, with everything in their arsenal including articles of impeachment literally. And now they have done the same with Rosenstein.

The first time that the left started to question Mueller's progress and why he didn't just march down to the oval office and throw the cuffs on Trump, the trot out long time Trump confident Chris Ruddy claiming on PBS (A 3rd left loving media source) that Trump was considering firing Mueller the first time. Immediately the left goes into hysterics, and CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc etc Ran with the interview, and Sean Spicer came out the next day and defensed it in a way that gave the left a gaping hole to walk through into the snare of theater.

Ruddy tries to still come off as sympathetic to Trump to bolster his legitimacy, yet plant the seeds of the rumor of firing Mueller, and force the left to defend him. They have now successfully tempered the left the way they want them, and managed to include Rosenstein as well. Hell they have been posting Meme's of them as Batman and Robin. It's hilarious.

Quote:

Sean Spicer said: "Mr. Ruddy never spoke to the President regarding this issue. With respect to this subject, only the President or his attorneys are authorized to comment."

And deputy White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said simply: "Chris speaks for himself."

Ruddy disputed Spicer's comments.

"Spicer issued a bizarre late night press release that a) doesn't deny my claim the President is considering firing Mueller and b) says I didn't speak to the President about the matter -- when I never claimed to have done so. Memo to Sean: focus your efforts on exposing the flim-flam Russian allegations against POTUS and highlighting his remarkable achievements! Don't waste time trying to undermine one of your few allies."

Ruddy also told CNN Spicer called him last night to ask him to issue a statement saying he didn't speak with Trump personally, but he refused. Asked to respond, Spicer said he called "and asked him to clarify that his statement was not based on any meetings or conversations with the president."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/ruddy-robert-mueller-white-house/index.html

The hook is set and the MSM has went to work and did the very same thing they did for Trump during the election. They looked where he pointed, they have him a billion dollars worth of free TV and they helped get him elected by trying to make Hillary look like

Quote:

"The most qualified person man or woman to ever run for the POTUS. ~ Barak Obama

There was no way for the MSM pull that off, and they drove left of center voters away from Hillary and the Bernie bunch went their separate way based on the DWS emails.

I'm back on the crazy train Dixie, I still holding on to that pause I had when Mueller and Rosey met with Trump. I just can't shake it.

If in late September or October Mueller Clears Trump and ends up unsealing indictments on a slew of wrongdoers that aren't named Trump, kin to Trump or affiliated with Trump, Manafort withstanding, what is the left going to do? How can they tamp that down? They far left will consume the Democratic leaders, Nancy Chuckie Schiffy etc etc, all those career democrats are toast, they lose their base.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Judicial Watch announced U.S. District Court Judge Reggie B. Walton instructed the Justice Department to immediately begin producing records about DOJ communications with Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior DOJ official Bruce Ohr. Nellie Ohr worked for Clinton campaign vendor Fusion GPS on the anti-Trump Dossier campaign document.

Judge Walton rejected a Justice Department request to begin producing documents six months from now and ordered the DOJ to begin producing documents immediately on a rolling basis over the next two months. Judge Walton also rejected DOJ's efforts to restrict their search to only 2016.
Judge Walton repeatedly criticized the Justice Department during a June 14 hearing:

I think if it's been almost, since December when the initial request was made more should have been done by now. And it seems to me if you have someone who's going to come into office and they say they're going to be a disrupter, that they should appreciate there's going to be a lot of FOIA requests and therefore, should gear up to deal with those requests. So I'm not real sympathetic to the position that you have limited staff and therefore, you can't comply with these requests. So I think you're going to have to get some more people.
I mean FOIA is considered to be very important. I keep getting from the government, from various agencies we can't do this, we can't do that because we don't have the resources. I'm not real sympathetic to that. FOIA is important. Open government is important, and government has to comply with FOIA in order to make it an open government.
LINK
Quote:

The lawsuit seeks:
  • All records of contact or communication, including but not limited to emails, text messages, and instant chats, between DOJ officials in the Attorney General's Office and Fusion GPS employee or contractor Nellie Ohr.

Sigh. I smell a bunch of redactions coming.

tsuag10
AG
I saved your post for future reference Roscoe.

Also, FWIW, Q has made reference to the fact that we are "watching a movie" several times over the past year.

However this turns out, it's gonna make a hell of a book and movie some day.
RoscoePColtrane
tsuag10 said:

Also, FWIW, Q has made reference to the fact that we are "watching a movie" several times over the past year.

I made this same argument 200 +/- pages ago, Dixie remembers we had a long talk about it. 5-16-16 is a sticking point for me.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'm back on the crazy train Dixie, I still holding on to that pause I had when Mueller and Rosey met with Trump. I just can't shake it.
Put the kool-aid down. This isn't all kabuki theater and Rosenstein is not that accomplished of an actor. He was genuinely pissed during his appearance on the hill. If there were some master plan with ulterior motives that he was a part of, he wouldn't have been that angry.

I think Trump was meeting with people he was told to meet with, regarding the new FBI Director and Mueller was consulted for his thoughts on the subject.
Prosperdick
AG
Every time she opens her trap I can feel another seat swinging over to the Republicans so please keep it up.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Put the kool-aid down. This isn't all kabuki theater and Rosenstein is not that accomplished of an actor. He was genuinely pissed during his appearance on the hill. If there were some master plan with ulterior motives that he was a part of, he wouldn't have been that angry.

I think Trump was meeting with people he was told to meet with, regarding the new FBI Director and Mueller was consulted for his thoughts on the subject.
Okay
Code 7 10-42
tsuag10
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

tsuag10 said:

I made this same argument 200 +/- pages ago, Dixie remembers we had a long talk about it. 5-16-16 is a sticking point for me.
woah. I've only been on this thread for about the last 100 pages, so I had to play catch up.

Really appreciate all the contributions of you, hawg, drcrinum, et al. Thanks
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1013029681388384257.html
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Such an operation, even if tightly held to a small number of people, would have to be a surgical strike against former Obama administration officials. And it would have been accomplished in a year or less.

Besides, Team Mueller would not be going along with any targeting of Democrats.

Unless Trump was so sure there would be nothing that could come back on him that Mueller himself is being duped while Huber is amassing sealed indictments. Let Mueller chase his tail while the real work is happening elsewhere.

And the flaw in that hypothesis is that Sessions has kept Rosey in the loop on what Huber is doing which would require Rosenstein to be lying through his teeth to Mueller, his former boss.
Synopsis
captkirk said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

What a POS, pull his credentials

Is there a bigger D-bag on the planet?

He was surpassed by Rosey IMO. They should both occupy a dark, hot corner of Hell.
tsuag10
AG
From the thread unroll:
Quote:

Note that Gowdy asked NO questions. He simply delivered an emotional statement: Whatever you got finish it the hell up. Because this country is being torn apart.

Gowdy probably knows as much as anyone. He was assigned by Nunes to view items even Nunes hasn't seen directly.
So why didn't Gowdy ask questions.
Why did he simply encourage everyone to hurry the hell up?

This right here is what makes me scratch my head. Gowdy has been all over the place. Whether he's a bad guy or a good guy, he knows everything.

Watch Gowdy as Jordan runs Rosey through the ringer. I'm not a lawyer, but I know how to read people. If Gowdy was genuinely interested to see how Rosey handled Jordan's questions, he would be watching Rosey much more intently. Gowdy has the look of someone who already knows what is going to be said.

Upon watching it again, it almost looks like Gowdy is watching the Dems on the panel. I suppose anyone there would be 'expecting' the Dems to push back during that exchange. Was Gowdy watching the Dems because he 'thought' they would speak up, or was he watching them 'to make sure' they spoke up.

One thing is for sure: He's not interested in Rosey's testimony at all.
drcrinum

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/26/doj-fbi-ignore-lack-evidence-russiagate-fell-love-source/

Quote:

Why Did DOJ And FBI Ignore Lack Of Evidence For Russiagate? They Fell In Love With Their Source

Interesting read by a "retired U.S. Army interrogator and strategic debriefer with 30 years experience in military and intelligence interrogation and human intelligence collection operations"...although IMO it may be an attempt to provide justification for Strzok & Company's use of non-verified intel. I think the latter knew it was fabricated intel, the purpose being to gain authorized surveillance from the FISC.

RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Such an operation, even if tightly held to a small number of people, would have to be a surgical strike against former Obama administration officials. And it would have been accomplished in a year or less.

Besides, Team Mueller would not be going along with any targeting of Democrats.

Unless Trump was so sure there would be nothing that could come back on him that Mueller himself is being duped while Huber is amassing sealed indictments. Let Team Mueller chase his tail while the real work is happening elsewhere.

And the flaw in that hypothesis is that Sessions has kept Rosey in the loop on what Huber is doing which would require Rosenstein to be lying through his teeth to Mueller, his former boss.
That's why they are busy chasing Russian red herrings

Trump has zero loyalty to Manafort he's fair game for the left.

I know I know put the cork back in the Woodford
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
captkirk
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I hope he is still running the party. He damn near destroyed it. Look at statehouse and governorship flips during his tenure. Hopefully he can now finish the job
fasthorse05
Hawg, I need to make sure I share my concern with the board concerning how put out government employees are!

Honestly, all cabinets, and departments, have a budget, and I guarantee you they'll bust the budget if it's something the elected POLS think it's important. I kind of believe Vaulting Chemist was correct when he said he had a feeling that all of the law firms in DC are shell corporations for a criminal enterprise that is our government.

I'll have to remember to say a prayer for the unfair conditions our DOJ employees have to work in---frickin' *******s!

Edit: I thought I hit the appropriate emoji. Apparently not; it should have been a red-faced anger.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
Garrelli 5000
AG
This is one of my tin foil hats as well. It would explain Rosenstein's refusal to present the Mueller scope document. Maybe the publicly stated scope is a smoke screen and Mueller is trying to right the evils he's lived with in DC for most of his career?

I doubt it, but it's fun to wish. I often dream of what I'd do with a big lottery win as well
Staff - take out the trash.
RoscoePColtrane
Like it's not already

Code 7 10-42
FbgTxAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Like it's not already

Tim Scott is a part of this nonsense??
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
Secolobo
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

SMH.....and some of y'all thought he was enjoying a nice , quiet retirement.
He's a community organizer remember? Just like Jesus was till his death...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
First Page Last Page
Page 506 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.