Shooting in Las Vegas

883,010 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Brock Landers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryno01 said:

I would think Jesus Campos is now a MGM employee for life

Yep. The with the difference in financial liability between "I called it in immediately," to "I sat there in complete vapor lock for 3 minutes," they could afford to give him a no-show job for life.

MGM Bob #1: "Anyway, Jesus, what we would like to do is put you into a position to have as many as FOUR people working right underneath you."

MGM Bob #2: "This is a big promotion, Jesus."

backintexas2013
AG
The second timeline had MGM looking like they could go under. The newest one was a god send to mgm. Jesus will be reaping the benefits.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yep. The only two eyewitnesses are safely under MGMs wing. Solid work to whoever is on that case.
aggielostinETX
AG
A couple lawyers just earned their pay.
agent-maroon
AG
MGM made them offers that they couldn't refuse.

"Plata O Plomo?"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RGLAG85
AG
Ellen helped set 2 narratives for MB's defense and it sounded a bit prepared though. First, she sent the message he will not interview with anyone else and it sounded a bit forced. Second, when Jesus said he heard what sounded like drilling and he thought it may be maintenance work, she said, there was gun fire but it sounded like drilling too you. The rest of the interview was believable and they both seemed credible although Jesus appears uncomfortable or shaken which is understandable.
DannyDuberstein
AG
he corrected her and said, no, i think it actually was drilling.
RGLAG85
AG
Understand and heard but in depositions, I think the defense attorney will ask could it have been gunfire you heard and you thought it was drilling? MB will do all it can too inch that timeline forward to help their cause.

Just a thought.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Obviously, any point of contention in suits against MB would involve when danger and shooting was detected and how it was responded to. But that has nothing to do with Ellen. He said he thought it was drilling and affirmed it. So i don't see how that helps their "narrative" as you put it if the goal is to show the shooting started earlier. Quite the opposite. The guy actually there said he thought it was drilling and then clarified again that he still thought it was drilling.
Cage_Stage
AG
Quote:

Nothing even amiss in the alcove between the corridor door and the stairwell fire door...except the metal plate barring the fire door. I think his first reaction should have been: "O s***!" It wasn't. Rather he was confused and assumed it had something to do with maintenance,
Well, considering the range of wild ass occurrences that a security guard working in a Vegas hotel might encounter on fairly frequent basis, it is unsurprising that his reaction to a strange device on a stairwell door would be perplexed inquiry, rather than instant alarm.
Premium
AG
Motive was simple. Deranged gun owner. Further proof we need strict gun control reform.
Brock Landers
AG
Premium said:

Motive was simple. Deranged gun owner. Further proof we need strict gun control reform.

I'm not opening up the gun control can of worms, but isn't it clear that in any scenario that's been proposed that we are dealing with a deranged gun owner (unless you are going all Sandy Hook conspiracy)?
Cage_Stage
AG
drcrinum said:

IDAGG said:

drcrinum said:

And even if he was armed...he is going to return fire with a 9mm pistol against a guy which in many respects has a rifle caliber automatic weapon? Pretty weak sauce and a good way for him to get killed.

So somebody shoots at you from behind and wounds you, and you have a gun, and then you decide not to shoot back because you are afraid you might get killed????? Sorry...doesn't compute.
So after already being shot by at least 1 of ~200 rounds that came at you through a closed door at the rate of 10 per second, you're going to expose yourself to another ~200 rounds in order to return maybe 6 or 7 pot shots at the closed door? That computes in your mind?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Some like action movies as much as conspiracy theories
Premium
AG
Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

I'm not opening up the gun control can of worms, but isn't it clear that in any scenario that's been proposed that we are dealing with a deranged gun owner (unless you are going all Sandy Hook conspiracy)?

Sorry. Trolling. Caught fish.
drcrinum
North Dallas Forty oz. said:

drcrinum said:

IDAGG said:

drcrinum said:

And even if he was armed...he is going to return fire with a 9mm pistol against a guy which in many respects has a rifle caliber automatic weapon? Pretty weak sauce and a good way for him to get killed.

So somebody shoots at you from behind and wounds you, and you have a gun, and then you decide not to shoot back because you are afraid you might get killed????? Sorry...doesn't compute.
So after already being shot by at least 1 of ~200 rounds that came at you through a closed door at the rate of 10 per second, you're going to expose yourself to another ~200 rounds in order to return maybe 6 or 7 pot shots at the closed door? That computes in your mind?
Yup! It would certainly keep the door closed; i.e., he wouldn't come charging out the door to finish me off. If he did, he would completely expose himself, while I had cover in the alcove and a steady shot.
Do you think Campos was hoping (praying) that whomever was behind the door wouldn't come charging out to finish him off?
Brock Landers
AG
Premium said:

Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

Congrats?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
drcrinum said:

North Dallas Forty oz. said:

drcrinum said:

IDAGG said:

drcrinum said:

Yup! It would certainly keep the door closed; i.e., he wouldn't come charging out the door to finish me off. If he did, he would completely expose himself, while I had cover in the alcove and a steady shot.
Do you think Campos was hoping (praying) that whomever was behind the door wouldn't come charging out to finish him off?

Dumb. And using hindsight.

First of all he had no idea if he was gonna keep shooting or barge thru the door or what and had no idea he would begin firing out the window. He also had no idea if it was one guy or a dozen armed men.

So yeah I'm conserving my ammo until I see something to fire at. Especially considering he maybe had a clip or two at most.

You fire through that door and then you've lost half your ammo probabaly have to reload and accomplished nothing most likely.

Hell he had no idea if there was a hostage situation. Could have killed someone innocent being used as a shield.

Plus this isn't a guy used to being under fire. Self protection is first instinct. Not some Rambo like stunt firing through the door then what cashing through it rolling and come up firing and take the bad guy out. Lol. Only in movies.
Premium
AG
Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

Congrats?

Ty
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, LEO/security firing completely blind through closed doors is a pretty much a no go.
drcrinum
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, LEO/security firing completely blind through closed doors is a pretty much a no go.
Well, my contention is that when you are actively being shot at through a closed door and your life is in danger, you shoot back and call for help. Here is an recent example with a 4 minute video of the incident:
https://patch.com/massachusetts/braintree/das-investigation-finds-no-criminal-responsibility-officers-motel-6-shooting
WestAustinAg
AG
Those two Ellen guests aren't staying at their homes...probably staying for free at the hotel...those suits they were wearing were very expensive suits. These guys are being taken care of as long as they do what they are told.

Don't talk to Fox...do talk to our own contracted entertainer Ellen...
Bald Messiah
AG
Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

No. It is not clear, which is the primary issue. What is clear is the fact that you desperately want to believe that it was a deranged gun owner. At this point, no matter what information is released all camps will believe that it is false. Mission accomplished.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Magazine...handguns fire magazines
TexasAggie_02
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Magazine...handguns fire magazines
technically, they fire bullets that are fed from the magazine.
titan
S
Bald Messiah said:

Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

No. It is not clear, which is the primary issue. What is clear is the fact that you desperately want to believe that it was a deranged gun owner. At this point, no matter what information is released all camps will believe that it is false. Mission accomplished.
If that is it, yes, it is successful.

I will remain with my take until I hear otherwise. I think this guy wanted to provoke a gun control spat on his way out. Maybe atheist and not thinking there is a divine consequence awaiting him. That is the other thing missing from some murder-suicides -- otherwise you are really punching a ticket to hell if you think about it---the last thing you did was an atrocity...
Cy_Tolliver
WestAustinAg said:

Those two Ellen guests aren't staying at their homes...probably staying for free at the hotel...those suits they were wearing were very expensive suits. These guys are being taken care of as long as they do what they are told.

Don't talk to Fox...do talk to our own contracted entertainer Ellen...
Yep, they nodded in agreement for him to go on Ellen because they know there is zero chance Ellen would ever go off leftist message and pry into what he knows about possible terror connections or anything else. I didn't watch, but at best Ellen connects to right wing groups, which is cool with their themes if it's true or not. Just easily lobbed softballs that he could knock out of the park.
titan
S
Bald Messiah said:

Brock Landers said:

Premium said:

One other thing though.

IF it is "not clear" and that is the powers-that-be's "Mission accomplished" then it ALSO negates any chatter about preventing it. If you don't know what caused something there is no point in making any laws about it. Just treat it like a lightning strike on a gas truck.
WestAustinAg
AG
In the absence of a terrorist motive the gun control debate wins the argument in the minds of middle Americans.

But with a terrorist motive middle America is just as interested in self defense as we are.

Terrorism since 2001 (here and abroad) has likely increased the public's appreciation of the 2nd amendment.
WestAustinAg
AG
Brock Landers said:

Ryno01 said:

I would think Jesus Campos is now a MGM employee for life

Yep. The with the difference in financial liability between "I called it in immediately," to "I sat there in complete vapor lock for 3 minutes," they could afford to give him a no-show job for life.

MGM Bob #1: "Anyway, Jesus, what we would like to do is put you into a position to have as many as FOUR people working right underneath you."

MGM Bob #2: "This is a big promotion, Jesus."

Politics board POST OF THE DAY!
titan
S
WestAustinAg said:

In the absence of a terrorist motive the gun control debate wins the argument in the minds of middle Americans.

But with a terrorist motive middle America is just as interested in self defense as we are.

Terrorism since 2001 (here and abroad) has likely increased the public's appreciation of the 2nd amendment.
I don't think it does win the argument of middle Americans of the Center and the Right. But I see your point.

Agree about terrorism, and frankly, with the connection to Indonesia and Southwest Pacific like the Philippines, it should be thought of as more likely related to it than not. The burden of proof is on those who seem to be trying to `smoke up' and obscure the story. Turn it back on them.
drcrinum

TheVarian
AG
My new favorite YouTube

zmurda
TheVarian said:

My new favorite YouTube

I know what a bump stock does!

Gosh, that was painful to watch. Would be nice if people actually had a minimal understanding of issues before they start protesting things....cough, cough NFL
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.