Shooting in Las Vegas

884,251 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
AggiePetro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has the mass shooter taken the place of the serial killer? Doesn't seem like the serial killer is en vogue anymore. Perhaps the instant gratification of our society is turning the people who would normally take years to do their sick things into people who want it now.
MizooAg94
AG
Serial killer and mass murder are two separate things...
Dengus
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

Has the mass shooter taken the place of the serial killer? Doesn't seem like the serial killer is en vogue anymore. Perhaps the instant gratification of our society is turning the people who would normally take years to do their sick things into people who want it now.

I think people associate serial killer with one who does it multiple times over time. Not a one time occurrence that kills many
aggie_fan13
AG
modern society also probably makes it harder to be a serial killer. Cameras everywhere, everybody has a phone that can record, new forensic technology etc... also takes a special sick **** to wait every now and then to stalk and kill. Also media jumps on to mass shootings like a tick on a dog
some men you just cant reach ...
Muy
AG
The liberals and MSM stepping over the still-warm bodies of the deceased to push their gun control agenda is as sickening as it gets
TAMUallen
AG
47 guns. Planes. Big time gambler. Philippine wife with two husbands. Made rich by real estate. Cameras in and outside the hotel room. But could only get 12 bump stocks? Nothing in this makes sense even for a psycho nut.

This is the most bizarre thing in a long while
ellebee
For those that have seen the suicide pic, is the blood pooling to where it looks kind of like 2 pools normal? One looks to be more soaked into the carpet and does it look like casings are on top of the blood?
AggiePetro07
AG
That's what I'm saying. Today a serial killer has a hard time perpetrating a string of violence due to technology and information, but we've also become a society that doesn't wait for gratification.

A mass murderer and a serial killer both derive some sort of pleasure from their act.

Technology has forced us into a mass casualty scenario where we used to have the serial killer spread out over time.
themissinglink
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

With cameras everywhere, GPS on most phones, and the ability to track people's movement via cell phone records, I think it's harder for serial killers to get away with multiple murders.

EDIT: Looks like blue beat me to the explanation.
who?mikejones
AG
And CNN is back to Russia. Right in the middle of a press conference their top story goes back to Russia on their website
ellebee
ellebee said:

For those that have seen the suicide pic, is the blood pooling to where it looks kind of like 2 pools normal? One looks to be more soaked into the carpet and does it look like casings are on top of the blood?

Got an explanation on the OB thread. He was possibly moved or kicked when they breached the room and the blood would pool around the casings.
Olag00
AG
the "girlfriend" lands in Los Angeles tonight.
usmcbrooks
Wycliffe_03 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

After he fell he could have easily knocked it off the couch or maybe it was leaned up on the couch and he kicked it.
He could have knocked the AR on a bipod off a couch nowhere in sight and it could have landed perfectly over his left ankle? It just seems odd. Maybe he was sitting crouched with his leg under the AR when he popped himself but odd that his legs are straight imo.

Why does that look like a reflection off of the exposed broken window?
mazzag
AG
Are these pics that have been released from his cameras or crime scene pics by police?
AggiePetro07
AG
Easy. Someone is going to say that's film set scaffolding in the broken window.
TexasAggie_02
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

After he fell he could have easily knocked it off the couch or maybe it was leaned up on the couch and he kicked it.
He could have knocked the AR on a bipod off a couch nowhere in sight and it could have landed perfectly over his left ankle? It just seems odd. Maybe he was sitting crouched with his leg under the AR when he popped himself but odd that his legs are straight imo.

It's multiple photos stitched together
bobbranco
AG
Apparently Boston25, some internet hottie, did some sweet talking to get the photos.
Rapier108
who?mikejones said:

And CNN is back to Russia. Right in the middle of a press conference their top story goes back to Russia on their website
Surprised they made it this long. Between Las Vegas and Maria, I'm sure they've suffered serious Russia withdrawal.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ShawnTxAg
AG
Interesting question you just posed?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Oh, I see what you are saying now. Thought you were asking why the photo was warped.

There's a reflection bc not all of the Windows were broken. He had a corner suite with an adjoining room. He had a lot of Windows and only broke two of them
mazzag
AG
bobbranco said:

Apparently Boston25, some internet hottie, did some sweet talking to get the photos.

I know they are from Boston 25 but the killer's cameras in the room or police pics of crime scene? The angles are weird and it looks like from his room cameras. No big deal I guess but that's some fast and serious leaks.
bobbranco
AG
These photos were "stitched" together and became distorted. And I believe they are police crime scene photos a deputy was complaining about in the latest press conference.
libertyag
AG
bmks270 said:

I still want to know how he built his wealth by age 40 and bankrolled his airplanes and gambling.
Yes, I do as well. And I wonder did some event in his life cause him to do what he did, knowing it would result in his final day on the planet? Bad medical diagnosis maybe, or pissing off the wrong people in some deal he was part of and knowing they would kill him when they found him? Maybe none of that, but would be interesting to know if something triggered this.
usmcbrooks
TexasAggie_02 said:

usmcbrooks said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

It's multiple photos stitched together

I know they're stitched together, but there is still
a reflection. It looks like it is from the inside lights above the chairs pushed together. That pattern is what brought my eye to it.
mazzag
AG
I don't believe his wealth built is suspicious. Some folks just hit a roll and go with it. Not me...but one lucky real estate flip turns into another and life is just easy. I've unfollowed folks on Facebook with such blind luck out of jealousy.
wbt5845
AG
Never having kids and being a good accountant is great way to build wealth.
mazzag
AG
Yeah, it's stitched together but I've seen them separately. They look like room cam pics not pics from a photographer.
Post removed:
by user
titan
S
agsalaska said:

azulAg said:

first call reported at 10:08, said it stopped at 10:18. Security guard shot by perp, provided room location. Security guard is a hero

Agreed. Sounds like he spooked and shot himself right after that. Those security guards shut it down.
The security guards heroic attempt worked anyway, despite one being killed, is what that means. Some form of posthumous reward should be devised.

Some of the cretin's vast wealth should be transferred to the families of the security guards -- and every penny and possession he had seized. None for the girlfirend, none for relatives.
agsalaska
AG
titan said:

agsalaska said:

azulAg said:

first call reported at 10:08, said it stopped at 10:18. Security guard shot by perp, provided room location. Security guard is a hero

Agreed. Sounds like he spooked and shot himself right after that. Those security guards shut it down.
The security guards heroic attempt worked anyway, despite one being killed, is what that means. Some form of posthumous reward should be devised.

Some of the cretin's vast wealth should be transferred to the families of the security guards -- and every penny and possession he had seized. None for the girlfirend, none for relatives.
Oh I agree. Sounds like it is quite possible those guys shut it down as in shut him down. Those guys are heroes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they moved forward with only their sidearms.
aggie_fan13
AG
according to D Lemon, police still have no motive for perp
some men you just cant reach ...
agsalaska
AG
azulAg said:

Blows my mind.
FriscoKid
AG
Don't **** with Vegas security guards. They actually are the real deal. (Maybe more than LEO)

They got to the shooter in 15 minutes. It took SWAT another 50 minutes or so to breach the door.
FriscoKid
AG
agsalaska said:

azulAg said:

Blows my mind.

Don Lemon is clueless? That's a first.

titan
S

They won't know more till they start digging into his actual background, whether a supporter of activists or not, and whether had a recent medical visit and news of some major illness that set a clock running. Or maybe nothing like that -- but you need to explore it first. An activist minded entitled person with wealth if also told had a terminal affliction or somewhat life quality shortening one, might have chosen to "exit" in such a way to advance the cause. If this is how it appears at all. The Philippine connections are very shady looking, and so is the girlfriend info so far.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.