Shooting in Las Vegas

884,461 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's anti-refreshing to see and read so many liberal politicians and entertainers already going back to their gun-control religion while the bodies are still warm. Such heroes.
PhatMack19
AG
How is this the only picture we have of the shooter over a day later?

The Fall Guy
AG
For those going to Vegas soon. Please do not cancel. We are going tomorrow.

We called the hotel where we are staying. It is near where the massacre happened. They said business is open. They also asked to please not cancel because that lets the madman motives win. She also sounded exhausted on the other end of the line probably from calls like mine all day.

We are going to give to the local economy. We are going because I will not let a madman win.

Vegas is an international city that keeps moving.
Muy
AG
I'm with you on this? If this is the only pic they have, this guy must have really been off the grid.
OnlyForNow
AG
There is more, but I've only seen at most 2-3; that is one of the stranger things..

But my dad doesn't have a FB nor does he have a lot of pictures on the internet; however from our outings together I've posted a few, but his name isn't mentioned.
Tom Doniphon
one of the "experts" that was on Fox News last night seemed to lay a decent amount of blame for this type of grotesque crime on narcissism that's been created by social media outlets.
Tom Doniphon
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
Tom Doniphon said:

Looks like a 10, no? I also don't see a bump stock.
Bobcat06
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

Social media has created too many "brave" people who say things with no consequences. In real life people wouldn't say a quarter of the stuff they say online (here included).
Honestly, I believe this is the biggest reason why we see an increase in mass killings across the globe. Arguing anonymously on the internet allows you to dehumanize people who are different than you until you can rationalize violence against them.

From Dylan Roof to Emanuel Samson to Antifa and Alt-Right and countless number of ISIS terrorists (don't discount the role of social media in spreading terrorist indoctrination), they all reached the point of looking at people different than themselves and concluding they are deserving of violence.
AggiePetro07
AG
No bumpfire. Looks like a dd4
Tom Doniphon
based on reports of ammo found - 308 and 223 - I'm guessing the majority of weapons were 10s and 15s. Easily transported and accurate enough at long ranges.
Bunk Moreland
Very Tolerant Nice Guy said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Looks like a 10, no? I also don't see a bump stock.

This doesn't necessarily mean it was the gun that we all heard in the videos. Just one of many in the hotel room.
AggiePetro07
AG
It could be internally modified to fire fully automatic.

I can see where a crude modification could result in the same sound signature as a bump stock.
Joe Exotic
AG
The rifle in that pic could be broken down and put in a backpack and you'd never notice
Urban Ag
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

DDM5

308 magpull next to it

I think

bmks270
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

one of the "experts" that was on Fox News last night seemed to lay a decent amount of blame for this type of grotesque crime on narcissism that's been created by social media outlets.

But this guy wasn't on social media and he was a multi-millionaire.
AggiePetro07
AG
Actually, I think you're right.

There is a 223/5.56 casing for comparison next to it.
bmks270
AG
FriscoKid said:

The guy was obviously an idiot.

Who plays high stakes video poker?

Anti-social... doesn't want to deal with humans.
Tom Doniphon
bmks270 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

But this guy wasn't on social media and he was a multi-millionaire.

yeah... the whole deal makes no sense at this point.
Bird Poo
AG
PhatMack19 said:

This is strange. It's like the feds have locked down any information about this guy, which is concerning because conspiracy theories will continue to run amok.
bmks270
AG
kayakag said:

PhatMack19 said:

This is strange. It's like the feds have locked down any information about this guy, which is concerning because conspiracy theories will continue to run amok.

Wonder if he learned to keep "off the grid" and radar of authorities from his psycho father.
Caliber
AG
This is the link to the one with the slidefire:

Drew_Hill
Bunk Moreland said:

Apparently the female walked into the crowd earlier in the night and told people in the crowd they were all going to die.
So what was the deal with this? Read that a few places early on, but there has been no follow up. Seems pretty important if it did indeed happen.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
How in the world did 'Boston 25' manage to get those pictures.. well, she is pretty hot.
cr
The Fall Guy said:

We called the hotel where we are staying. It is near where the massacre happened. They said business is open. They also asked to please not cancel because they need your money! that lets the madman motives win.

fify
cr
Urban Ag said:

AggiePetro07 said:

DDM5

308 magpull next to it

I think

Given the ballistics and distance, that makes a lot more sense than a 15.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Yep, you're right. Buddy has one identical to that.
Urban Ag
AG
HoustonAg15 said:

How in the world did 'Boston 25' manage to get those pictures.. well, she is pretty hot.
I didn't post this yesterday because I didn't want to be "that guy" but a friend of mine who is really connected in the gun nerd online world told me as early as about noon yesterday that his source in federal LE confirmed the shooter used AR's with slidefire stocks and 100 rnd surefire mags. That is exactly what is in the pic above. Exactly.

so to answer your question, sh** just leaks out. There have probably been dozens, maybe hundreds, of LEO's in that room.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
The Fall Guy said:

We called the hotel where we are staying. It is near where the massacre happened. They said business is open. They also asked to please not cancel because that lets the madman motives win. She also sounded exhausted on the other end of the line probably from calls like mine all day.

We are going to give to the local economy. We are going because I will not let a madman win.

Vegas is an international city that keeps moving.

I am going in 2 weeks. Did not plan on canceling.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Looks like an AR 47 and definitely a bump stock. Would explain the high rate of fire that sounded like 7.62
titan
S
Just an Ag said:

Pending additional info, I'm going with a guy that funneled money out of the country to his girlfriend, basically bankrupting himself, then goes out in a blaze of glory against a bunch of second amendment loving, trump voting, country music fans. Leftist media will blame trump and the victims.
All the more reason to completely nullify his posthumous arrangements. Will is burned, everything seized. Anything that has not yet gone to the girlfriend frozen.

As an additional measure to combat murder-suicide, far from becoming a `celeb' of sorts, their name should be stricken from mention.
OnlyForNow
AG
The casing in the 2nd picture brad posted above just seems like it is a 308.
Urban Ag
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Looks like an AR 47 and definitely a bump stock. Would explain the high rate of fire that sounded like 7.62
It's 5.56. That mag is a Surefire 100 rnd.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
...but Boston 25... Sounds Ron Burgundyish..

Maybe national news passed on publishing them?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Also, anecdotally, my parents are in their mid 70s and have no social media and are not in any photos posted by family on social media that I know of. Mom has an iphone but only uses it for ohone, pics and maps. They just keep to themselves and live in the real world. It's not that farfetched, just that we under the age of 50 are so used to being online that we forget there are tons of people who choose not to.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.