Shooting in Las Vegas

882,747 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cow Hop Ag said:

I just read that it was 72 minutes from the first shots until the police breached the room.

That is stunning to me.
I think that is highly inaccurate. More like 15 minutes is what I have seen?
Tom Doniphon
15 minutes in most reports that I've seen and consider credible.
Long Live Sully
AG
Clavell said:

http://fortune.com/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting-police-found-shooter/

Where are seeing 72 minutes? This one says less than 20 minutes.
Front page of Drudge

Link
Cow Hop Ag and Bayside both say they are conservatives.
Bayside admits to being pro choice.
Bayside calls Cow Hop Ag a liberal because he's a moral man.

/ Charpie 4-13-18
mjfrog
AG
Alex? K, thanks for your great insight.
dds08
AG
Sign of the times.

Nations firing missiles for fun.

Mass shootings

Hurricanes

Earthquakes in Mexico. Two at that!

It will all be over soon.

It shall all pass away.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dds08 said:

Sign of the times.

Mass shootings

Hurricanes

It shall all pass away.

Do you know something we don't cuz......

BadMoonRisin
AG
Blahhead said:

Do you hear shots starting around the three second mark?

The more I watch this, does anyone think that he didnt stop at the end of the song? It sounds like he prematurely ended the song after hearing the shots. then a few seconds later he goes "why dont y'all say we pick it back up again" and starts the next song. It could be because he goes from a slower song to a faster, but i cant tell.

Maybe thats why he is being critiqued. Still do not think it was his fault at all. Its up to his roadies etc to be his eyes and ears.

There's also this eyewitness testimony:
Quote:

Shelby and Sherilyn Henderson, of Lakeville, estimated they were less than 20 feet to the left of the initial gun shots.
At first, they thought they thought it was just firecrackers.
The crowd momentarily paused and country singer Jason Aldean said, "Let's turn it back up," according to Sherilyn Henderson.
"That's when we knew it wasn't right, it wasn't part of his show," Henderson said. "That's when people really started to get shifty, started looking around, and then the shots started going off consistently."
ttha_aggie_09
AG
dds08 said:

Sign of the times.

Mass shootings nothing new, unfortunately

Hurricanes No way? During hurricane season... in the gulf?

Earthquakes in Mexico. Two at that! impossible, there has never been an earthquake in Mexico before

It shall all pass away.

Yeah, none of those are really an indication of the end of days
scottimus
AG
I hope Volcano Tequila blows!! Imagine!!!!
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
MooreTrucker
AG
dds08 said:

Sign of the times.

Mass shootings

Hurricanes

It shall all pass away.

Don't forget that California is burning up.
n_touch
BadMoonRisin said:

Blahhead said:

Do you hear shots starting around the three second mark?

The more I watch this, does anyone think that he didnt stop at the end of the song? It sounds like he prematurely ended the song after hearing the shots. then a few seconds later he goes "why dont y'all say we pick it back up again" and starts the next song. It could be because he goes from a slower song to a faster, but i cant tell.

Maybe thats why he is being critiqued. Still do not think it was his fault at all. Its up to his roadies etc to be his eyes and ears.

There's also this eyewitness testimony:
Quote:

Shelby and Sherilyn Henderson, of Lakeville, estimated they were less than 20 feet to the left of the initial gun shots.
At first, they thought they thought it was just firecrackers.
The crowd momentarily paused and country singer Jason Aldean said, "Let's turn it back up," according to Sherilyn Henderson.
"That's when we knew it wasn't right, it wasn't part of his show," Henderson said. "That's when people really started to get shifty, started looking around, and then the shots started going off consistently."

Just sounds like a quick breather between the songs and then transitions to a faster song. There were only a couple noises during the last part. It mainly started after the next song.

Dont blame him in the least, as far as they know its in the crowd and hes a huge target at that point.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Within 20 minutes, though, the gunman was dead. How did they manage to locate him so quickly?
Not 72 minutes.
The Fall Guy
AG
They said the fire alarm in the room was going off for all the smoke in the room.
TexasAggie_02
AG
anyone trying to place any kind of blame or "what-if" on the singer is being ridiculous. He has bright lights in his face. the music is loud and he has feedback in his ear. until the cut into his feed and tell him to GTFO, he has no clue that anything is going on.
Demosthenes81
AG
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/02/a-fire-alarm-from-gun-smoke-led-police-to-the-las-vegas-shooters-room-retired-officer-says/
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Urban Ag
AG
The Fall Guy said:

They said the fire alarm in the room was going off for all the smoke in the room.
Didn't think about that. Makes sense.
Presley OBannons Sword
The Fall Guy said:

for all his planning, he missed that little detail didn't he
JB!98
AG
What if this guy used his plane and flew into Mexico to obtain the FA weapons. What would the left do if they track those weapons back to Fast and Furious? I know deny, deny, and then don't cover it.

On another note, if I hear the word "clip" used in place of magazine one more time...............
txwxman
jbarrow1998 said:

What if this guy used his plane and flew into Mexico to obtain the FA weapons. What would the left do if they track those weapons back to Fast and Furious? I know deny, deny, and then don't cover it.

On another note, if I hear the word "clip" used in place of magazine one more time...............

Only the left politicizes tragedies, Amerite?
oleander89
AG
DallasAg 94
TexasAggie_02 said:

anyone trying to place any kind of blame or "what-if" on the singer is being ridiculous. He has bright lights in his face. the music is loud and he has feedback in his ear. until the cut into his feed and tell him to GTFO, he has no clue that anything is going on.
My son takes private music lessons from a guy who is retired from touring and playing frequent gigs.

He is constantly telling my son that my son has to learn to play through the noise and distractions. He recounted a time when stuff was being thrown at them, and they continued to play... dodging stuff.

I agree... he was likely focused on performing, until he was instructed otherwise.
Cy_Tolliver
dangit wrong thread!
Touchless
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I'd say over 90% of them come from black on black crime based on the FBI statistics. The other 10% are likely based on police shooting unarmed civilians based on the media. What else does he need explained?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
https://www.infowars.com/fbi-source-vegas-shooter-found-with-antifa-literature-photos-taken-in-middle-east/

Fake news? Claiming Antifa materials in room as well as photos of Middle East
JB!98
AG
txwxman said:

jbarrow1998 said:

Only the left politicizes tragedies, Amerite?
I am not trying to politicize this. Out of the other 100 crazy theories on here, I thought I would throw this one out there.
CanyonAg77
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

https://www.infowars.com/fbi-source-vegas-shooter-found-with-antifa-literature-photos-taken-in-middle-east/

Infowars
Didn't click
Ha ha
Anonymous Source
S
Marcus Aurelius said:

InfoWars...so likely
Gig 'Em
AggiePops
Disappointing that the guy offed himself. At the very least he should have gone down with 20-30 rounds in him from the SWAT team. Far better (never happen, but would be nice) if they took him alive and gave him, along with skinning knives, iron bars, lit cigarettes, etc. to the families of the people he gunned down. Only problem would be making it last long enough for him to suffer at least 58 deaths in one.
aggiehawg
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

The Fall Guy said:

for all his planning, he missed that little detail didn't he
I'm not sure he missed it, just that there was nothing he could do to prevent it. Try to disable a smoke alarm in a room just alerts the system. Even taping a plastic bag to the ceiling to surround it would set off an alarm on many high end systems. (According to my firefighter hubby.)

And an experienced pilot would likely know that.

ETA: Perhaps he was banking on the cross draft between the two open windows to help get the smoke out?
Agnzona
Kind of strange he used guns. As a pilot with access to planes just think what he could have done.
swimmerbabe11
Builder93
AG
Agnzona said:

Kind of strange he used guns. As a pilot with access to planes just think what he could have done.
This is actually a good point.

This whole thing is really weird. I'm sure as time moves forward, there will be some major details that are not being shared.
tigooner
Touchless said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I'd say over 90% of them come from black on black crime based on the FBI statistics. The other 10% are likely based on police shooting unarmed civilians based on the media. What else does he need explained?
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/expanded_homicide_data_table_3_murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2015.xls

fbi reports that in 2015, about 42% of murders were committed by African Americans.
Presley OBannons Sword
AggiePops said:

Disappointing that the guy offed himself. At the very least he should have gone down with 20-30 rounds in him from the SWAT team. Far better (never happen, but would be nice) if they took him alive and gave him, along with skinning knives, iron bars, lit cigarettes, etc. to the families of the people he gunned down. Only problem would be making it last long enough for him to suffer at least 58 deaths in one.
why do people feel that they need to make this huge, over the top statements on what they wish would happen to the guy to prove how REALLY REALLY mad you are about it?
digital_ag
AG
I really hope we get some clarity over the coming days.

It's sad that the moonbat contigent has totally usurped theorizing on events like this. If you don't take the news reports at face value you're immediately a conspiracy theorist with the stigma that carries. I want people to be thinking beyond what is being communicated... just to a realistic degree.

I say that because the whole thing just really doesn't make sense to me. The profile of the shooter, the weapons involved, the methodology, something just feels off. Lots of plausible scenarios right now.

It's unfortunate that we can't trust our news outlets to communicate reliable information.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.