Shooting in Las Vegas

882,949 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mort Rainey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blahhead said:

I never really cared for Jason Aldean and this moment doesn't move the needle either way. However, a lot of people are calling him out for not at least warning the crowd before running away. Any comments on this aspect?
That's a ****ing stupid thing to blame him for. There's your comment
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
hennyj15 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

has event security confirmed that girl's story about the woman screaming that they were all going to die tonight?

She said security booted her and a guy. If she had nothing to do with it and was just randomly yelling, how sadly coincidental would that have been?

They said she was a little Hispanic lady right? Maybe housekeeping trying to warn people but scared to go to the cops for fear of deportation? More likely just a coincidence.

My thought...... and again I am no conspiracy theorist but......

THIS little woman could easily be mistaken for a little Hispanic lady......I'm just sayin.

And then they have her in custody, then they don't but know where she is, then she was out of the country....

hmmmmmmmm........

Macarthur
swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean. Honestly...I think it's because it is "simpler" to blame the guns and say "take them away" rather than taking a hard look at a complicated issue like mental health and mental health institutions. It's harder to look at these shooters and say "how could we have helped them". It is simpler to say "that guy is evil" every single time and try to limit the damage. Though not every person who needs mental help ends up killing people, we could help more people and prevent many more tragedies by having better solutions...it's just a much more complicated situation than "blame the guns"

Why can't both be addressed?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Blahhead said:

I never really cared for Jason Aldean and this moment doesn't move the needle either way. However, a lot of people are calling him out for not at least warning the crowd before running away. Any comments on this aspect?
he has no idea what is going on, or where it is coming from (could be coming from the crowd). they also might have cut his mic.
Mort Rainey

Found her!
swimmerbabe11
Blahhead said:

Panicked people do panicked things.
No, doesn't move the needle. And what was he going to do?? Tell them to run and then there is trampling and shooting? Even if he said "everyone hit the deck"...how much would that have helped?
BigHitterDaLama
GeorgePlimpton said:

Found her!
I thought he was the one wearing the Pink shirt?
FrontPorchAg
FireAg said:

Mtn_Guide said:

FireAg said:

Something just doesn't add up...
A lot of somethings just don't add up. Unfortunately, they didn't add up at Columbine or Sandyhook either.
Actually, they did...

The signs were there...Columbine parents disregarded them...Sandy Hook shooter's mom knew something was wrong...
Fair enough. I think there is a good chance that stuff comes out going forward. Either that or some sort of political or religious connections.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Kenneth_2003
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Blahhead said:

he has no idea what is going on, or where it is coming from (could be coming from the crowd). they also might have cut his mic.
Doesnt matter in the slightest... But now I'm curious... Can the sound guy talk into his and the bands ear buds?
superunknown
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Blahhead said:

Listening to a replay of Howard Stern's show this morning, siriusxm dj on the line (Stormy Warren) who was at the show and on stage, said that when it happened, the sound from the stage was cut and PA warned everyone as best they could.
BadMoonRisin
AG
BernArnold said:

hennyj15 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

has event security confirmed that girl's story about the woman screaming that they were all going to die tonight?

She said security booted her and a guy. If she had nothing to do with it and was just randomly yelling, how sadly coincidental would that have been?

They said she was a little Hispanic lady right? Maybe housekeeping trying to warn people but scared to go to the cops for fear of deportation? More likely just a coincidence.

My thought...... and again I am no conspiracy theorist but......

THIS little woman could easily be mistaken for a little Hispanic lady......I'm just sayin.

And then they have her in custody, then they don't but know where she is, then she was out of the country....

hmmmmmmmm........

Well if the eyewitness account was correct, this was 45 minutes before the shooting started...McCarran airport is only about a 5 minute cab ride away. right across the street.
Mort Rainey
superunknown said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Blahhead said:

Listening to a replay of Howard Stern's show this morning, siriusxm dj on the line (Stormy Warren) who was at the show and on stage, said that when it happened, the sound from the stage was cut and PA warned everyone as best they could.
Oh weird, i didn't realize it was 1996!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

That's my point. Its more complicated to try to understand a man and solve his problems than to condemn him and steal his tools.
Actually, it would be easier to convince this country to spend way more money on mental health than to convince it to enact gun control measures.

Regardless, some men don't want to be understood and they see killing people as the solution to their problems. There ain't no counseling or medication that is going to stop someone like that, particularly if they are skilled at keeping a veneer of sanity over their actions.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
It was reported that they told him through the headset to get off the stage, so I assume yes, they can communicate with him
spadilly
S
I'd assume that the guys at the sound board told him (via his in-ears) to get offstage/run backstage as soon as they realized what was happening. From on stage with the spotlights on him, odds are he didn't see the audience very well until the lights came up over the crowd.
ntxVol
swimmerbabe11 said:

Blahhead said:

No, doesn't move the needle. And what was he going to do?? Tell them to run and then there is trampling and shooting? Even if he said "everyone hit the deck"...how much would that have helped?
Exactly, you can't yell fire in a theater, I don't know what he could have done to help anyone in that situation.
We fixed the keg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Sigh. A CHL is not expected to stop something like this.

Also, why do people jump to gun control. Why not talking about what we can do for the people behind the gun? Institutionalized mental health reform should be where the conversation starts.
While I completely disagree with his statements, the comments on that thread are disgusting.....and most coming from people who advocate gun control.

I don't fault him for making a statement like this while trying to come to grips with the aftermath having escaped with his life. I will continue to pray for him and everyone affected and wish others would do the same.
Mort Rainey
ntxVOL said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Blahhead said:

Exactly, you can't yell fire in a theater, I don't know what he could have done to help anyone in that situation.
Probably would have had an even bigger stampede and people would be blaming him for it today
Mort Rainey
We fixed the keg said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Sigh. A CHL is not expected to stop something like this.

Also, why do people jump to gun control. Why not talking about what we can do for the people behind the gun? Institutionalized mental health reform should be where the conversation starts.
While I completely disagree with his statements, the comments on that thread are disgusting.....and most coming from people who advocate gun control.

I don't fault him for making a statement like this while trying to come to grips with the aftermath having escaped with his life. I will continue to pray for him and everyone affected and wish others would do the same.
Yeah the comments tell you a lot about the left...
cone
AG
Quote:

Would you rather more investment in having more access and help for people in need of this sort of thing
so he didn't have access to therapy? that was what triggered him?

institutionalizing crazy people will get homeless off the street but it's not going to address lone wolf high functioning psychopaths

i'm not one at all for gun control grabbing, but in this case grabbing guns makes more sense than bringing back funny farms for obviously crazy people

cuz this guy obviously had guns and was not obviously crazy (based on what we know)

maybe recognize that civil society is extremely precarious and people who seek to inflict harm (and forfeit their life in the process) will inevitably inflict harm

maybe just maybe us labeling this guy as crazy is a crutch in and of itself

that we want to show his motivation as being akin to a physical sickness, a matter of public health. rather than the irrational human condition.
oleander89
AG

Automatic weapons: Freely available to all US citizens.

Healthcare: Nearly impossible to get. Countless barriers for low income citizens.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Urban Ag said:

It was reported that they told him through the headset to get off the stage, so I assume yes, they can communicate with him
He likely had ear monitors on and could only hear the music and nothing else. How would you react if your manager or stage crew said "We are hearing gunshots out here, get off stage!"
aggielostinETX
AG
Felikks said:

Healthcare: Nearly impossible to get. Countless barriers for low income citizens.
I am glad he enjoys lying to his children.
hbtheduce
AG
In most active shooter situations, a CHL could be a life saver.

If they take a sniping position hundreds of yards away, yeah you are screwed like everyone else there.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Exactly, you can't yell fire in a theater,
You can if there is actually a fire.
cone
AG
Quote:

Freely available to all US citizens.
freely available is now being defined extraordinarily expensive
Rapier108
And who is Boris and why should I give a flip about his completely wrong opinion?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bobcat06
AG
cone said:

Quote:

Institutionalized mental health reform should be where the conversation starts.
so this guy should have been committed?

for what?

he had ever been in contact with or treatment by a mental health professional?
Institionalization reform wouldn't have changed anything here, but it is something that our country desperately needs.

I have a crazy uncle (diagnosed schizophrenic and manic depressive bipolar) who is a danger to himself and others. Once he tore a sink of the wall and tried to hit someone with it. Even with the proper documentation, we couldn't instituationalize him for more than a few months at a time.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Felikks said:

Automatic weapons: Nearly impossible to get. Countless barriers for MID income citizens.

Healthcare: Every company is obligated to provide.. Low income citizens fined for not having insurance.
FIFY
White Liberals=The Worst
Macarthur said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean. Honestly...I think it's because it is "simpler" to blame the guns and say "take them away" rather than taking a hard look at a complicated issue like mental health and mental health institutions. It's harder to look at these shooters and say "how could we have helped them". It is simpler to say "that guy is evil" every single time and try to limit the damage. Though not every person who needs mental help ends up killing people, we could help more people and prevent many more tragedies by having better solutions...it's just a much more complicated situation than "blame the guns"

Why can't both be addressed?
The safest places on earth are rural communities with very high gun ownership rates and familiarity with guns.

If we could somehow ban liberals from owning guns or any other weapons, crime would plummet though. We'd be one of the safest nations in the world over night, assuming they obeyed the new law.

If you want to discuss how we can go about keeping guns out of the hands of liberals/democrats, I'll at least listen.
Urban Ag
AG
I wouldn't put too much stock in to anything until more time passes. The media gets so much of it half wrong or flat out wrong. I read in a Fox News article about an hour ago that the shooter killed himself and that he was killed by the police, three paragraphs apart.

Sure, it's convenient that the lady was out of the country but we don't really even know what relationship he had with her.

A lot more is going to come out. You don't just go to Academy and buy a bunch of AR's then take them to your hotel room and convert them to full auto and start shooting. If he really did convert or alter them or install "bump stocks" it would have taken the time and knowledge to do so, time to test them somewhere, and then of course planning and preparing to get the right hotel room(s) on the right day, etc. He may have been and likely was a lone wolf but I bet warning signs were there.

cone
AG
Quote:

Institionalization reform wouldn't have changed anything here, but it is something that our country desperately needs.
i won't disagree on that

but the mental health and gun control back and forth are just farce for something like this

this is price you pay for progress in a free society. for technology.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

Astonishing that someone like this was asked for her opinion. She's an entertainer, an expert on literally nothing
As when anything like this happens, everyone is in a rush to put a microphone in front of whoever will talk. To be fair, she was one of the more well spoken individuals interviewed and seemed far from vapid. It was just some of what she was saying wasn't correct and being spread as fact.
DallasAg 94
Felikks said:

The difference is... Healthcare Insurance is a Right and should be available to ALL. It is in the Constitution!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
cone said:

Quote:

Freely available to all US citizens.
freely available is now being defined extraordinarily expensive
Seriously this. If you can get your NFA stamp, you have to be looking at north of what? $30k for something that is in good working order? And even then, how do you address the overheating situation in the barrel?
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.