Shooting in Las Vegas

883,198 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
ttu_85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gota De Limon said:

FriscoKid said:

Yeah, I do think it's fake outrage to attack a poster like that. But, to each their own.

You should expect more from those who call themselves Aggies, regardless of what side of the aisle they lean towards. The fact that his behavior is applauded on this board speaks volumes.

This is my last post on the issue.
Good it needs to be.
walton91
Quote:

ISIS would claim a kid stealing a stick of gum from the convenience store in the middle of Iowa
Actually, no. Its very unusual for ISIS to claim responsibility for something they didn't do, or coordinate.

DannyDuberstein
AG
At this point, seems very Charles Whitman-like.
Dr. Teeth
AG
Never been to MB so I'm probably just talking out my ass, but those two windows seem awfully far apart to be a single room.
ballchain
CanyonAg77
AG
Bobcat06 said:

ThatOneAg said:

Shooters twitter and facebook is down already? That's suspect.
I heard shooter had no social media presence
Thoughts and prayers for anyone with similar names who did.
ttu_85
DannyDuberstein said:

Good post and observation. A bit early though, but best theory I have read yet.
Muy
AG
CoolaidWade said:

Muy said:

AggieHank86 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Incidentally, for those of you who occasionally poke your head out of TexAgs to receive news about current events, CNN has put Fox to shame on their coverage of this story. Scoop after scoop after scoop from every conceivable angle.

Sad, but true.Props to them.
Regardless of whether you like the spin that they put on a story, CNN is actually a news organization. Fox is simply a collection of editorial opinions. It is how they make bank.

Fox News is infinitely more factual and accurate than CNN.
.....So you share the same editorial opinions as Fox News. Got it.

Awe, you hate Fox News, how cute. No buddy, history has proven CNN to be busted for falsifying information and flat out lying about infinitely more stories than Fox News.
ballchain

FrontPorchAg
ballchain said:

IDAGG said:

Hillary already tweeting about standing up to the NRA and how much more awful it would have been if he had a silencer. About what I would expect from that loser.

Where was she at Orlando
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Tom Hagen
AG
ballchain said:

IDAGG said:

Hillary already tweeting about standing up to the NRA and how much more awful it would have been if he had a silencer. About what I would expect from that loser.

What an evil ****.
Muy
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

Never been to MB so I'm probably just talking out my ass, but those two windows seem awfully far apart to be a single room.

Not if it's a corner suite.
Bobcat06
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

ballchain said:

IDAGG said:

Where was she at Orlando
Standing in front of the terrorist's father
DannyDuberstein
AG
ballchain said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Whitman was picking targets. This nutbag was just raining rounds down indiscriminately.
I'm saying that there was at least a decent amount of planning, elevated position, and targets were still indiscriminate in both cases. One just had an easier time due to the mass of people. In Whitman's case, some sort of rage built up that even he didn't really understand, along with medical issues that may have contributed. Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be similar.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Keeping her mouth shut because the shooter wasn't white.
aggielostinETX
AG
Stayed at Mandalay in August. They have all kinds of suites, all over, but I would guess those are two different rooms.
CanyonAg77
AG
ballchain said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Whitman was picking targets. This nutbag was just raining rounds down indiscriminately.
Whitman had semi-auto or bolt action, and there were maybe 100 people in is range when the shooting started.

I think the real Whitman comparison people are making, is that there seemed to be no reason for Whitman to shoot. But he was found later to be suffering a brain tumor, so there's speculation that was a cause.
StorminAg
AG
Mtn_Guide said:

ballchain said:

IDAGG said:

Where was she at Orlando

Muslim killing gays. Just part and parcel of living in a big city.

This ***** needs to go away. She immediately politicizes the deaths of these people by attacking the civil rights of US citizens.
RadAg14
AG
RIP to all those people and prayers for those affected.
Presley OBannons Sword
CanyonAg77 said:

ballchain said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Whitman had semi-auto or bolt action, and there were maybe 100 people in is range when the shooting started.

I think the real Whitman comparison people are making, is that there seemed to be no reason for Whitman to shoot. But he was found later to be suffering a brain tumor, so there's speculation that was a cause.
Whitman was simply demonstrating what a motivated Marine and his rifle can do.
ttu_85
walton91 said:

Quote:

ISIS would claim a kid stealing a stick of gum from the convenience store in the middle of Iowa
Actually, no. Its very unusual for ISIS to claim responsibility for something they didn't do, or coordinate.

Interesting I always felt they were very quick to claim credit. You maybe right. What evidence do you have otherwise. Not questioning you out of rudeness but curiosity.
DifferenceMaker Ag
NAP Violator said:

ballchain said:

Likely #FakeNews, but ISIS is claiming responsibility...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

Quote:

"The Las Vegas attacker is a soldier of the Islamic State in response to calls to target coalition countries," it said.

In a second statement, Isis claimed the gunman "converted to Islam several months ago".

No idea of its validity.
To me, this reeks of "look at me" desperation as they are being systematically exterminated. Well, except for western Europe.
ballchain
Presley OBannons Sword
it's not out of the realm of possibility for ISIS to reach out to disgruntled Americans who aren't necessarily Muslim and use them. they have shown a remarkable ability to function outside of the box.
jokershady
AG
IDAGG said:

What a ****ing idiot
The Fall Guy
AG
Still want to see his political affiliation. Why a country music festival.

What a loser either way.
Wizard
Honestly surprised we made it this long without having one of these.

I do not believe they are preventable. The wicked/ twisted of mind will always find a way to kill.
cr
TX AG 88 said:

garc said:

Dr. Watson said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

garc said:

nhayden said:

Wow, now a guest on MSNBC has a guest in which that these automatic weapons are readily available, what a false narrative. They should at least comment on how difficult they are to obtain LEGALLY. How embarrassing.

Well, libs in this thread believe that you should not be able to legally obtain a gun if mentally ill, which is already against the law.
but it needs to be really REALLY against the law, which is different.

It's not easy in many states to have a person declared a danger for mental illness and take away their ability to obtain firearms.

I agree. Liberals have made it much harder, thus we have loons walking the streets with access to guns.

This is an equal opportunity (responsibility) failing. On the lib/progressive side, "homeless advocates" treat homelessness as a mere "choice" when in many cases, it's a consequence of serious mental illness that could be treated if involuntary committment or some kind of enforced medication plan were "acceptable" options. On the conservative side, Reagan cut a huge number of mental health funding/programs and we have been worse off for it. Pretty much the ONE thing I thing Reagan was absolutely wrong on.

Unfortunately, this shooter seems to be "none of the above" when it comes to possible reasons the gov would have stepped in and prevented this. We haven't heard anything that would have brought him to the authorities' attention, much less risen to the level to instigate an intervention of any sort. He either snapped very recently, or maybe he was just evil.

Reagan cut the funding because the number of institutionalized persons dropped by an order of magnitude over the previous two decades. To imply that Reagan took away needed facilities/funding is simply wrong.

Quote:

Deinstitutionalization began in 1955 ...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/asylums/special/excerpt.html
CanyonAg77
AG
Probably not the best thread for Full Metal Jacket quotes.
CanyonAg77
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Still want to see his political affiliation. Why a country music festival.
Probably because it was the closest mass gathering to his home where it was possible to occupy a firing position.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

ballchain said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Firing differences are because of a target rich environment vs. selective targets in range. This shooter did not need to target at all.

And agreed that this seems more like a latent mental issue than any polticical or religious motivation.

Some a-holes just seem to have a desire to go out In a blaze of perceived glory.

Serious doubts that is ISIS in any way. But boy would that be a plot twist and take this threat to a new level radicalizing seemingly harmless old white guys. The fact that ISIS rarely makes false claims is intriguing.

Drawing no conclusions yet but that's actually the 2 most likely now. BSC or ISIS.
ballchain
Presley OBannons Sword
soon we will have hotels like the middle east where you have to go through metal detectors and send your baggage through a TSA like conveyor prior to entering.
Sarge 91
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

it's not out of the realm of possibility for ISIS to reach out to disgruntled Americans who aren't necessarily Muslim and use them. they have shown a remarkable ability to function outside of the box.
They actually rarely take credit for non-ISIS attacks, because they know it damages their credibility.

Also, if the room was booked in the name of the female, and that female is out of the country, it sounds similar to San Jose, where the female apparently radicalized the male.
AggiePetro07
AG
That brother is acting odd.

Obviously, his world just got turned upside down, but still very odd acting.
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.