Shooting in Las Vegas

883,254 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the crazies will take responsibility.
NAP Violator
ballchain said:

Likely #FakeNews, but ISIS is claiming responsibility...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

Quote:

"The Las Vegas attacker is a soldier of the Islamic State in response to calls to target coalition countries," it said.

In a second statement, Isis claimed the gunman "converted to Islam several months ago".

No idea of its validity.
Houston Lee
AG
No Spin Ag said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

The Route 61 Harvest festival was a 3 day event. So it's no surprise that he checked in on the 28th.

Seems like he was planning to attend the music festival? Maybe something happend at the festival days prior that triggered his evil killing spree.

He lives only 90 mins away and could have decided to do something to the crowd and took a day or so to get everything set up?

Or he planned to attend to have a killing spree and went through the trouble of getting the specific room with the view he needed. Sadly we'll never know anything except that innocent people lost their lives because one person didn't like something and felt the need to kill others because of it.

People like him who hate what they see in the world so badly need to just suck on a few dozen rounds and let the rest of society move on.
To continue my thought...

He obviously owns a lot a guns and is an enthusiast. He could have brought them with him to Vegas intending to have fun at one of the many gun ranges during the weekend. It would not be illegal for him to bring guns to Vegas to use them at a shooting range. Its only natural for someone to bring them into their hotel room. One isn't going to keep that stuff in the car.

Either way, he had to have made the RESERVATION at the HOTEL FAR IN ADVANCE due to the location of his room and the fact that festival goers would probably book up a lot of the rooms. So if this wasn't a spur of the moment - planned in a couple of days thing, he could have been planning this for a year! When did he first think to do this?

Just really strange because this guy has no criminal history.
ballchain
TX AG 88
AG
garc said:

Dr. Watson said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

garc said:

nhayden said:

Wow, now a guest on MSNBC has a guest in which that these automatic weapons are readily available, what a false narrative. They should at least comment on how difficult they are to obtain LEGALLY. How embarrassing.

Well, libs in this thread believe that you should not be able to legally obtain a gun if mentally ill, which is already against the law.
but it needs to be really REALLY against the law, which is different.

It's not easy in many states to have a person declared a danger for mental illness and take away their ability to obtain firearms.

I agree. Liberals have made it much harder, thus we have loons walking the streets with access to guns.

This is an equal opportunity (responsibility) failing. On the lib/progressive side, "homeless advocates" treat homelessness as a mere "choice" when in many cases, it's a consequence of serious mental illness that could be treated if involuntary committment or some kind of enforced medication plan were "acceptable" options. On the conservative side, Reagan cut a huge number of mental health funding/programs and we have been worse off for it. Pretty much the ONE thing I thing Reagan was absolutely wrong on.

Unfortunately, this shooter seems to be "none of the above" when it comes to possible reasons the gov would have stepped in and prevented this. We haven't heard anything that would have brought him to the authorities' attention, much less risen to the level to instigate an intervention of any sort. He either snapped very recently, or maybe he was just evil.
cone
AG
of course

the secret Muslim plot

**** this. tailor made conspiracy theory.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Either way, he had to have made the RESERVATION at the HOTEL FAR IN ADVANCE due to the location of his room and the fact that festival goers would probably book up a lot of the rooms. So if this wasn't a spur of the moment - planned in a couple of days thing, he could have been planning this for a year! When did he first think to do this?
Not only that, but you can't really guarantee you'll get that room, you can only request it.

Have they said that was his room or one he broke into?

Edit: I guess Police said he'd been there since Thursday.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, very curious as to when the hotel was booked. It sounds like his home is not that far away. I've played golf in Mesquite while staying in Vegas. He could be a gun enthusiast that simply went and retrieved them while staying there. I'm still going with premeditated from the beginning, but we obviously do not know. Lots of plausible theories still on the table.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Absolutely horrible and disgusting... prayer for everyone involved!

ballchain
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
FriscoKid said:

Yeah, I do think it's fake outrage to attack a poster like that. But, to each their own.

You should expect more from those who call themselves Aggies, regardless of what side of the aisle they lean towards. The fact that his behavior is applauded on this board speaks volumes.

This is my last post on the issue.
No Spin Ag
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

No Spin Ag said:

TurkeyBaconLeg said:

The Route 61 Harvest festival was a 3 day event. So it's no surprise that he checked in on the 28th.

Seems like he was planning to attend the music festival? Maybe something happend at the festival days prior that triggered his evil killing spree.

He lives only 90 mins away and could have decided to do something to the crowd and took a day or so to get everything set up?

Or he planned to attend to have a killing spree and went through the trouble of getting the specific room with the view he needed. Sadly we'll never know anything except that innocent people lost their lives because one person didn't like something and felt the need to kill others because of it.

People like him who hate what they see in the world so badly need to just suck on a few dozen rounds and let the rest of society move on.
To continue my thought...

He obviously owns a lot a guns and is an enthusiast. He could have brought them with him to Vegas intending to have fun at one of the many gun ranges during the weekend. It would not be illegal for him to bring guns to Vegas to use them at a shooting range. Its only natural for someone to bring them into their hotel room. One isn't going to keep that stuff in the car.

Just really strange because this guy has no criminal history.
I agree one isn't going to keep their guns in a car, but too many things line up for this guy to have planned something like this, especially as you said, he only lived 90 miles away. One can go have fun at a gun range all day long and go back home that night for living that close.

Thing is, nearly all of the people who have done something like this don't ever have a criminal history.

I'd like to know if maybe he was getting his rage on through the interwebs or something. Maybe that would get clues as to why.
Charpie
AG
it happens when you have nothing else to talk about.

T&P for those involved.
Presley OBannons Sword
Gota De Limon said:

FriscoKid said:

Yeah, I do think it's fake outrage to attack a poster like that. But, to each their own.

You should expect more from those who call themselves Aggies, regardless of what side of the aisle they lean towards. The fact that his behavior is applauded on this board speaks volumes.

This is my last post on the issue.
really makes you think
ABATTBQ11
AG
AggieHank86 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Incidentally, for those of you who occasionally poke your head out of TexAgs to receive news about current events, CNN has put Fox to shame on their coverage of this story. Scoop after scoop after scoop from every conceivable angle.

Sad, but true.Props to them.
Regardless of whether you like the spin that they put on a story, CNN is actually a news organization. Fox is simply a collection of editorial opinions. It is how they make bank.

So they're opinion pieces about news?
Maroon Dawn
AG
AggieHank86 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Incidentally, for those of you who occasionally poke your head out of TexAgs to receive news about current events, CNN has put Fox to shame on their coverage of this story. Scoop after scoop after scoop from every conceivable angle.

Regardless of whether you like the spin that they put on a story, CNN is actually a news organization. Fox is simply a collection of editorial opinions. It is how they make bank.

Funny how motivated they are when a story appears to fit The Narrative

Funny how quickly they ignore and sweep a story under the rug when it DOESNT fit The Narrative...like the assassination attempt on the republican softball team or the Nashville church shooter

Don't you agree?
NAP Violator
ballchain said:

I'm very skeptical about the ISIS angle, which is why I prefaced my post with "Likely #FakeNews."

I'm sure we'll find out more details over the next 48 hours.
Regardless this was clearly premeditated. This was not the work of a lunatic crazy man. He had the hotel room 3 days in advance and had 2 vantage points with tons of guns and ammo. No question he knew exactly what he was doing.
FTAG 2000
AG
That's one room. A suite on the corner. Either he had two shooting positions or when SWAT breached it got blown out somehow.
oleander89
AG
ballchain said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

Quote:

"The Las Vegas attacker is a soldier of the Islamic State in response to calls to target coalition countries," it said.

In a second statement, Isis claimed the gunman "converted to Islam several months ago".

Prob fake that he's Muslim. I def believe ISIS took credit though.
AggieHank86
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AggieHank86 said:

So they're opinion pieces about news?
this thread is not the place for this discussion. I responded to another poster, and I should not have done so.
/endtopic
84AGEC
AG
What was the story about a girl making threats at concert?

What is the story about this guy having a woman traveling with him ?

Are all those false stories?
No Spin Ag
Felikks said:

ballchain said:

Quote:

Prob fake that he's Muslim. I def believe ISIS took credit though.
ISIS would claim a kid stealing a stick of gum from the convenience store in the middle of Iowa.
aTm2004
AG

Doubt this is the case, but no doubt those derkas are over there sandpapering their cranks over this.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
ThatOneAg
Shooters twitter and facebook is down already? That's suspect.
Duncan Idaho
NAP Violator said:

ballchain said:

I'm very skeptical about the ISIS angle, which is why I prefaced my post with "Likely #FakeNews."

I'm sure we'll find out more details over the next 48 hours.
Regardless this was clearly premeditated. This was not the work of a lunatic crazy man. He had the hotel room 3 days in advance and had 2 vantage points with tons of guns and ammo. No question he knew exactly what he was doing.

You do know that lunatc crazy people can plan things out.
ballchain
ballchain
FriscoKid
AG
aTm2004 said:

Doubt this is the case, but no doubt those derkas are over there sandpapering their cranks over this.

64yr old white dude?
Muy
AG
AggieHank86 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Fox News is infinitely more factual and accurate than CNN.
Rapier108
ThatOneAg said:

Not really. They always take the pages down as quickly as possible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bobcat06
AG
ThatOneAg said:

I heard shooter had no social media presence
ttu_85
ballchain said:

AggieHank86 said:

Seems to me that if a "news organization" intentionally spins the "news," it becomes propaganda - not news.
Notice who was defending CNN and bashing Fox. I think its safe to say Conservative dont trust CNN and libs dont trust Fox.

Hell we cant even get the news these days and if we do its suspect. Yet we have more bandwidth, sats in the skies, TV's ,computers, news outlets than than ever. Sad state of affairs.

I also do know this, you are an idiot if you venture a "who did it opinion" with in an hour or even a day of the occurrence. From 1995 to 2015 it was USUALLY a safe guess. These days to many sickos running around.
CoolaidWade
AG
Muy said:

AggieHank86 said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Fox News is infinitely more factual and accurate than CNN.
.....So you share the same editorial opinions as Fox News. Got it.
IDAGG
AG
Hillary already tweeting about standing up to the NRA and how much more awful it would have been if he had a silencer. About what I would expect from that loser.
ThatOneAg
Rapier108 said:

ThatOneAg said:

Not really. They always take the pages down as quickly as possible.
Simply not true.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.