Shooting in Las Vegas

882,554 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I go to Vegas every year and have thought for a long time that it seemed ripe for something like this. So many people packed into a single location, surrounded by high rise hotels. And then the strip has thousands of people walking along sidewalks with no barriers to the street (although I think that is being addressed).

Whatever the driver for this incident, I wish I could say that it would force some people to step back and consider the toxic tone of discussion in the country (and thanks to social media - nearly inescapable)...but I'm pretty sure it will just lead to more finger pointing and snarky discourse.
45-70Ag
AG
Social media has ruined discussion and the ability to listen.
Tone2002
A white male of course.
CashMoneyYo
I expect the anti gun crowd or whatever to come full force again.

However the white thing doesnt fit. This appeared to be a country music festival. Society is all about sterotypes and defining demographics with broad strokes. Therefore, it seems odd a redneck or skinhead would target a white music festival, per se.

I also agree that there are many different examples of potential terrorist zones of target. Its also why reactive security checkpoint policies are pointless.
YouBet
AG
Ugh. Makes my heart hurt.
itsyourboypookie
Stephen Paddock 64 yo male
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Still searching for Marilou danely
Post removed:
by user
HollywoodBQ
AG
EKUAg said:

Eliminatus said:

The Debt said:

Ulysses90 said:

Do these muzzle flashes look like they are coming from the 32d floor?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/914735357408808960/pu/vid/720x1280/nLaK9UEK0mzBJrh5.mp4

Good fkin eyes. I doubt that would be a reflection of a rapid light.
It isn't the 32nd floor where the shooter was confirmed dead.

Also, just an unrelated sidenote: That rifle seemed off. Never heard a full auto magazine fed quite make that sound before. Sounds almost like an ornery pull start motor. Feed issues? Just a random observation.

I thought it sounded like an M-60. But that is just me.
I thought it sounded belt fed like a SAW, or M240.
Bunk Moreland
EKUAg
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Still searching for Marilou danely

LV Sheriff said in press conference they think they have her. You see something else?
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Just an article I read about 30 min ago.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

chris1515 said:

I go to Vegas every year and have thought for a long time that it seemed ripe for something like this. So many people packed into a single location, surrounded by high rise hotels. And then the strip has thousands of people walking along sidewalks with no barriers to the street (although I think that is being addressed).

Whatever the driver for this incident, I wish I could say that it would force some people to step back and consider the toxic tone of discussion in the country (and thanks to social media - nearly inescapable)...but I'm pretty sure it will just lead to more finger pointing and snarky discourse.

Every time I walk into Kyle I think of how soft of a target the entrances are 20 minutes before kickoff. It's scary to think how bad the carnage could be.
other stadiums are even worse. I went to a Patriots v. Ravens game at Foxborough and it took a solid 30 minutes to get through security to enter the stadium. Frankly I was more worried about a stampede but, a live shooter or a bomber could have a field day there.
swimmerbabe11
Lord have mercy
sts7049
AG
f*** this sick f*** and whoever else was involved.
aggie_fan13
AG
****ing hate people, why cant they just off themselves instead
annie88
AG
Horrible. My heart goes out to the victims. I've gone to Vegas many times of my life and never once been afraid to be there. Very sad
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
cone
AG
just waking up to this

that sounds like a bump fired AK

not full auto
45-70Ag
AG
Didn't the sheriff confirm it was s full auto weapon?
backintexas2013
AG
Come on. Terrible post.
nactownag
AG
You're right I'll remove.
Madman
AG
/Pol reporting he belonged to anti trump groups and was a registered pedo just like the repub baseball practice shooter.
Sapper Redux
HollywoodBQ said:

EKUAg said:

Eliminatus said:

The Debt said:

Ulysses90 said:

Do these muzzle flashes look like they are coming from the 32d floor?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/914735357408808960/pu/vid/720x1280/nLaK9UEK0mzBJrh5.mp4

Good fkin eyes. I doubt that would be a reflection of a rapid light.
It isn't the 32nd floor where the shooter was confirmed dead.

Also, just an unrelated sidenote: That rifle seemed off. Never heard a full auto magazine fed quite make that sound before. Sounds almost like an ornery pull start motor. Feed issues? Just a random observation.

I thought it sounded like an M-60. But that is just me.
I thought it sounded belt fed like a SAW, or M240.

Not the right cadence for a 240 and definitely sounded like 7.62 to me. I'm guessing an AK he modified to get past the semi-auto restriction in domestic sales. I've seen it done before. Could very easily be wrong.
aggie_fan13
AG
theres a lot of sick ****s in this world that should not be alive
some men you just cant reach ...
96AgGrad
AG
I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the Trump response, but I'm really glad Hillary isn't at the bully pulpit for this one.
aggie_fan13
AG
cnn just said automatic rifles
some men you just cant reach ...
Bunk Moreland
Madman said:

/Pol reporting he belonged to anti trump groups and was a registered pedo just like the repub baseball practice shooter.

Just searched his name in national sex offender registry and he does not show up. Some 48 year old who isn't him is the only Stephen paddock listed. I'm not sure if there's somewhere else he may be listed though
waitwhat?
Just in London and found at that when they executed Guy Faw-kes and his co-conspirators, they would hang them and cut the rope when they were almost dead so they'd be alive when they hit the ground, then they'd tie their limbs to horses and rip them apart, then if they weren't dead they'd start cutting them open and taking out their organs, and only then would they mercifully behead them if they weren't dead yet.

I genuinely wish police would take every effort to not kill people like Stephen Paddock so we could do the same to him and s***heads like him.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
annie88
AG
96AgGrad said:

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the Trump response, but I'm really glad Hillary isn't at the bully pulpit for this one.

Trump tweeted shortly after Sanders' statement, writing: "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!"
Fight Fight Fight.
swimmerbabe11
That's kinda sick.
annie88
AG
That was actually a very popular way to kill people back then. Hung, Drawn and quartered disemboweled.
Fight Fight Fight.
swimmerbabe11
annie88 said:

96AgGrad said:

Trump tweeted shortly after Sanders' statement, writing: "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!"

This response sounds like a tragic Christmas card, but it could be worse.

I'm pretty thankful for the fb "marked safe" app right now.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
azulAg said:

cnn just said automatic rifles

How can they know? Even if the trigger has a 3rd position it's not always an auto.
Bunk Moreland
waitwhat?
swimmerbabe11 said:

That's kinda sick.
A couple of rounds from cops is not a bad enough punishment for the pain and suffering this man just inflicted on thousands of loved ones of those killed.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.