Shooting in Las Vegas

882,947 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinAg2012 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

His poor brother. Heart breaks for him. Loses his brother, finds out his brother did all this, and reporters bombarding his home all at the same time.

Guy is handling it a lot more calmly than I would, even though he's clearly in shock
No offense, but his brother should be the last person gaining pity from any of this. And him acting aloof and laughing throughout the interview won't garner any pity on my end.

You don't have a lot of experience with people dealing with trauma/shock do you?

That guy was *clearly* in shock. He had not had *any* time to actually absorb and deal with what he had just learned about someone he'd known his whole life. He even said he thought someone was pulling a prank on him at first.
Urban Ag
AG
PhatMack19 said:

OnlyForNow said:

$100? He got a corner suite on the 32nd floor.

He threw down a few grand.
Most people in those suites in Vegas aren't paying for them. It sounds as though he had money from the little we know. If he's a gambler and gets comps, he would absolutely be able to ask his host for a specific room.
I can get a suite at Planet Hollywood for free (well I have to pay the $30 resort fee) pretty much at will except on Fridays and Saturdays. And I am NOT a big spender I just figured out years ago how to get comps. So yeah, you don't have to be rich to get a big suite like that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

OnlyForNow said:

Little to no chance he can hit the drone with the rifle he was using.
If it's going to get close enough to blow him up with a bomb, I'd give him a fair chance with a "spray and pray" strategy with an automatic weapon. They're not going to send up a bomb that's going to blow the whole side off of the Mandalay Bay--it's going to have to get right next to him.

Even a medium quad would be hard to hit. They're fast, and he'd have little reaction time.
Clavell
AG
I mean seriously he had his life savings to spend on this I don't think an expensive hotel room would have stopped him anyway.
My Dad Earl
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

His poor brother. Heart breaks for him. Loses his brother, finds out his brother did all this, and reporters bombarding his home all at the same time.

Guy is handling it a lot more calmly than I would, even though he's clearly in shock
No offense, but his brother should be the last person gaining pity from any of this. And him acting aloof and laughing throughout the interview won't garner any pity on my end.
Sorry, but he deserves as much sympathy as any of the other victims and families of. Think about it, you wake up to the news that your loved one is a psychopath and has just committed the most violent mass shooting ever on US soil and then taken his own life. Not only that, but from now on, you will be known as "the brother of...".

You can't judge this guy based on his actions. Lord knows how any of us would act if we got bombarded with this one day. He's most likely still partly in disbelief. Give him a break.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

No, dude, you and I (and the other people on this thread) are the "last people" who should be gaining pity from any of this.

His brother has to try to explain to his 90 year old mom why her son went postal and massacred a bunch of people. And there is no indication whatsoever that either of them had anything to do with it.

My sympathies for the parents of Adam Lanza and Kip Kinkel, who decided that deadly weapons were a good way to bond with their deranged offspring, may be limited (although no doubt, whatever mistakes were made they paid the ultimate price for them).

But it's a hell of an assertion to suggest that this guy doesn't deserve any sympathy because a guy he grew up with ~50 years ago went off his nut and killed a bunch of people.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

yes, it was across the street. the farther away the target, the less steep the angle is what i was trying to point out.

Yeah, so 400 yards is probably about right, not 600 feet.
Muy
AG
Agreed, why does the brother not deserve our thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how much pain he's in knowing what his evil brother did.
Burnsey
AG
Just a guess, but If he turns out to be a Bernie bot as has been reported, then the shooter may have had resentment against people he believed were most responsible for Trump, which is probably very likely with C&W fans.
NAP Violator

More evidence of him being anti-Trump. This was from August of 2017.
swimmerbabe11
YokelRidesAgain said:

AustinAg2012 said:

No, dude, you and I (and the other people on this thread) are the "last people" who should be gaining pity from any of this.

Nah, I deserve way more pity than that guy. I haven't laughed once out of shock or disbelief AND I stayed at the Tropicana in Vegas once.

(sarcasm..in case anyone didn't see that)
aggiehawg
AG
Burnsey said:

Just a guess, but If he turns out to be a Bernie bot as has been reported, then the shooter may have had resentment against people he believed were most responsible for Trump, which is probably very likely with C&W fans.
And now we can rope the head of Legal at CBS into the conspiracy in a Palinesque narrative.
IDAGG
AG
Burnsey said:

Supposedly he was a fan of C&W music.
Bobcat06
AG
Is Micro 0hour?
BenFiasco14
AG
NAP Violator said:

If this winds up being true expect a near media blackout on it
Cy_Tolliver
NAP Violator said:

In this video, the woman standing to the left of who they think is Paddock appears to be Asian and about the right age.
Mort Rainey
BenFiasco14 said:

NAP Violator said:

If this winds up being true expect a near media blackout on it
Absolutely.
jupiter

LouisHerbertWong
AG
Agree to disagree.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Looking more and more like another deranged BernieBot like the one that tried to assainate the GOP congressmen
Mort Rainey
That's pretty weak proof though. We need more than, that old white guy sort of looks like him from 50 feet away
mjfrog
AG
orrrrrr.... maybe he was set up. Like the movie Arlington Road. Not ready to demonize his brother, who looked genuinely caught off guard over the incident and probably was willing to go on camera only to convey that he didn't think his brother was the type to be a mass murderer. This, "we think he killed himself" narrative without a smoking gun confirmation has me thinking he was a victim as was 500+ other people. Then throw in a quick Hillary comment that was supposed to be "not political". Maybe he did it, but the motivation from a 64 year old semi-political activist doesn't fit the criminal mindset. Having his social media footprints going blank only reaffirms my suspicion. As for evidence, just for argument, what if the conspirators had acquired temporary employment jobs to gain access to hotel room access (room service, maintenance, etc.). If so, the collaborators in power will be able to cover up the loose ends, just as they did the killing of Seth Rich.
WestTexAg12
AG
mjfrog said:

orrrrrr.... maybe he was set up. Like the movie Arlington Road. Not ready to demonize his brother, who looked genuinely caught off guard over the incident and probably was willing to go on camera only to convey that he didn't think his brother was the type to be a mass murderer. This, "we think he killed himself" narrative without a smoking gun confirmation has me thinking he was a victim as was 500+ other people. Then throw in a quick Hillary comment that was supposed to be "not political". Maybe he did it, but the motivation from a 64 year old semi-political activist doesn't fit the criminal mindset. Having his social media footprints going blank only reaffirms my suspicion. As for evidence, just for argument, what if the conspirators had acquired temporary employment jobs to gain access to hotel room access (room service, maintenance, etc.). If so, the collaborators in power will be able to cover up the loose ends, just as they did the killing of Seth Rich.

Damn. That's conspiracy level 1000 thinking there
Clavell
AG
Doesn't even look like him to me and woman does not look Asian.
BigHitterDaLama
Saying M. Danleys Facebook page was taken down.....pics of her in Dubai. Why delete facebook if it's not incriminating, you have nothing to hide?
Its grainy but i see a resemblance to the woman in the video standing next to the Pink Nasa guy, supposedly Paddock according to MicroPrimeTime.

I thought early reports said they spoke with her and dismissed her as a POI but reports are saying she is now out of the country (originally from Phillipines)......if so, how convenient.

More consipracy theory

Edit: Guess she couldnt be the one telling people they were gonna die if shes out of the country.
LHIOB
AG
mjfrog said:

Hello Mr Jones
drcrinum

That video I posted earlier about a possible 2nd shooter on 4th floor may be real. Listen to the police scanner.
Mort Rainey
Clavell said:

And let's be honest, everyone on here wants this to be true, which should make us even more skeptical
TexasAggie_02
AG
mjfrog said:

did you just watch "Smokin' Aces?"

RangerRick9211
AG
Clavell said:

He's not even with the woman on the left.

Later in the video she's nowhere to be seen and he's still with the lady in the white hat.
Cy_Tolliver
Well, it looks like there were only a handful of people at that protest.

Pretty sure if that guy is someone else that he'd already have people telling him "hey bud, they think that's you" and liberal media would be falling all over themselves to get him onto TV. So if this goes on for several days and we are still hearing "oh it's not a clear picture" than I think you might have something.

BigHitterDaLama
Her friends are stating she is out of the country.

LVPD reported they had her in custody at 3:37am.

Her name was released as a POI before they released his name as the shooter.

Mmmmmmmm
FTAG 2000
AG
No outward opening windows on Mandalay. No fourth floor windows missing.
AggiePetro07
AG
So why was the window replaced so fast?
We fixed the keg
AG
PhatMack19 said:

OnlyForNow said:

$100? He got a corner suite on the 32nd floor.

He threw down a few grand.
Most people in those suites in Vegas aren't paying for them. It sounds as though he had money from the little we know. If he's a gambler and gets comps, he would absolutely be able to ask his host for a specific room.
Platinum Rates for that room (if you even have to pay) is only ~$200 per night. Also, the rooms located on the corners on the upper floors are the 2 bedroom suites.

I have heard reports about how hard it is to get one of those types of rooms for big events. That isn't always the case. With MLife for MGM, there are rooms frequently set aside for Noir and Platinum members. I only say that as it may not be the case that this was planned months in advance. It is just too soon to know for sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.