All homosexuals died at the birth of Christ?

6,701 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
jrico2727
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dermdoc said:

PabloSerna said:

One of my favorite passages in the life of Jesus was the woman caught in adultery.

It would seem that the scholars had Jesus trapped with THEIR understanding of scripture only to find out that Jesus had the true understanding - mercy and forgiveness.

Kind of like some modern day clergy.
They just forget to keep reading the next line where our Lord told her to go and sin no more. That's it.
UTExan
PabloSerna said:

4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom both young and old surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

+++

My issues with Christians using GN 19, as a sort of "proof text" for a biblical understanding of homosexuality is with the nature of the requests by the Sodomite men - they wanted to rape the two angels, whom they assumed to be new "meat" (to put it bluntly). On top of that, Lot offering up his daughters to the mob to "do whatever you like with them" - is so wrong on so many levels.

What do y'all think?

Yep. It was the violence and predation of Sodom at issue here. It was normal for them.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PabloSerna
AG
That's the forgiveness part, would't you say?
nortex97
AG
jrico2727 said:

dermdoc said:

PabloSerna said:

One of my favorite passages in the life of Jesus was the woman caught in adultery.

It would seem that the scholars had Jesus trapped with THEIR understanding of scripture only to find out that Jesus had the true understanding - mercy and forgiveness.

Kind of like some modern day clergy.
They just forget to keep reading the next line where our Lord told her to go and sin no more. That's it.
It would be nice if the church didn't have to wrestle/deal with difficult issues of sin/Jesus' teachings, but it's unavoidable.

What's a bit different today vs. times past is that we have groups of organized sinners demanding the church ignore/teach against specific sins Jesus preached about, to accommodate them. It's all very sad/frustrating as it detracts/diminishes the soma's ability to spread the gospel.
Faustus
Fashionably Late said:

Has anyone else heard this?

It's a little shocking that they'd be allowed to come again then.

Is there any guidance as to how many days passed before they arose back amongst us? Intuitively it has to be more than three, and not sixty-nine.

94chem
Duncan Idaho said:

Zobel said:

Where do the scriptures say that what Lot did was right?

Quote:

6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)

Simon Peter seemed to think what he did was "righteous" and that he only saw and heard lawless deeds.

No. Lot is righteous, not because of what he did, but because of God's grace. Lot's righteousness was declared, not earned. Lot made many serious mistakes,including moving into Sodom in the first place. If you would like to know how to be declared righteous, the Bible says that it is not by works of righteousness, but according to God's mercy.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Zobel
AG
Just curious - and I know this is picking a fight - but where does the Bible say that? Specifically this phrase "declared righteous"
ifeelold
I'm just curious what the purpose of this would be when we still have "sodomites." What was the strategic purpose of this? We are now long after the fact and "sodomites" exist.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Let's hope God wasn't following Texas sodomy laws when determining who to wipe out. Otherwise I think the vast majority of the world's population would have been nixxed
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.