Should Christians tell transgender females that they are, indeed, female?

7,349 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by M1Buckeye
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
M1Buckeye said:

Those are valid questions. Would Jesus correct a transgender person and call them "he" when they want to be called "she"?

I don't think so. Jesus' point was to redeem that which was lost. He didn't call the Roman centurion an oppressor or war monger. He didn't call the Samaritan woman an adulteress. I think His compassion and mercy for a transgender person, suffering from gender dysphoria, would overwhelm us.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
M1Buckeye
Very insightful post. Thank you.
DirtDiver
He didn't always conform to our definition of nice.
John 8
43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I say the truth, you do not believe Me.
M1Buckeye
DirtDiver said:

He didn't always conform to our definition of nice.
John 8
43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I say the truth, you do not believe Me.
I love that verse. It is so descriptive of so many in the world today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.