AgLiving06 - Israel

10,920 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Seriously77
Agthatbuilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, thats the way it's been in time memoriam so at least it follows precedent.

Killing children because of their potential is not a sane logical conclusion on any level.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Well, thats the way it's been in time memoriam so at least it follows precedent.

Killing children because of their potential is not a sane logical conclusion on any level.
Is this where we get to have the "should a time traveler go back in time to kill Hilter?" discussion?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zobel
AG
Killing children because of their potential also has widespread historical precedence, including in the scriptures on the same chunk of land.
Zobel
AG
Also Israel conquered the land through rampant illegal immigration, terrorism, and forced expulsion of the local people.

If historical precedent is all were going on, this argument boils down to one of efficacy. There's no moral footing to say terrorism is bad, or ethnic cleansing is bad - what matters is only what works, and what has worked, to conquer lands in history. So that includes war, terrorism, forced conscription of youths, ethnic cleansing, genocide, expulsion, slavery, crop destruction, induced famine, and so on.
schmendeler
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

you're not going to like what happened to the amalekites.
PacifistAg
AG
craigernaught said:

Quote:

Terrorism is a non starter for just about every civilized, political entity outside of that region.

I liked this sentence. Which civilized political entity in the region approves of terrorism? Bizarre.

Israel
craigernaught
AG
Three years ago today, an Israeli sniper shot a 20 year old female civilian paramedic who was clearly identified and was giving medical assistance to a man shot by Israeli soldiers near the border fence in Gaza.

Others killed included 32 kids, journalists, a wheelchair bound double amputee, and a man running away. The Israelis said "we know where every bullet landed."

If the continued terror inflicted upon citizens in Gaza isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.

It's bizarre that those who demand capitulation and and end to terrorism from Palestinians won't call what has happened in Gaza over the decades what it plainly is. But I guess if we just assume that the definition of words don't matter and all that really counts is "one side good one side bad" then it all makes sense.

FYI, the Israelis just asked the US for a billion dollars in emergency military assistance yesterday. That's on top of the normal 3.8 billion we give them every year.
PacifistAg
AG
More bad news. As much as Netanyahu was a war criminal and major problem, it looks like he's been replaced by someone even worse:

Aggrad08
AG
His replacement sucks but won't have near the power that Bibi had. This guy isn't better but is less capable of harm for the moment
Win At Life
AG
craigernaught said:

Three years ago today, an Israeli sniper shot a 20 year old female civilian paramedic who was clearly identified and was giving medical assistance to a man shot by Israeli soldiers near the border fence in Gaza.

Others killed included 32 kids, journalists, a wheelchair bound double amputee, and a man running away. The Israelis said "we know where every bullet landed."

If the continued terror inflicted upon citizens in Gaza isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.

It's bizarre that those who demand capitulation and and end to terrorism from Palestinians won't call what has happened in Gaza over the decades what it plainly is. But I guess if we just assume that the definition of words don't matter and all that really counts is "one side good one side bad" then it all makes sense.

FYI, the Israelis just asked the US for a billion dollars in emergency military assistance yesterday. That's on top of the normal 3.8 billion we give them every year.
I've stayed out of this, but this point above caught my eye. That seems so wrong, as she was clearly identified as a medic and was not near the fence at the time as you say. That would make what the Israelis are saying about not trying to hurt civilians a lie. But after looking into it, it appears your description is deceptive. I can't call it a lie, because I don't know that you actually know what you are saying is clearly deceptive, but that's the way these discussions go.

Here is a very complete video & recreation of the incident by The New York Times, which is clearly sympathetic to the Palestinians, but shows the fatal shot clearly did not intend to target the medic.

The narrator indicates earlier in the video that the Israelis were firing gas into the crowd and live rounds into the air and into the ground to intimidate the crowd. The shot in question was another round into the ground that ricochet off a rock before striking two men in the legs and then bouncing up and hitting the medic center-mass. That clearly was not a shot intended to hit the medic while ricocheting off the ground. I horrible accident from a shot into the ground that probably didn't even need to be taken; yes. But not a deliberate attempt to take down a clearly identified medic.
Seriously77
PacifistAg said:

More bad news. As much as Netanyahu was a war criminal and major problem, it looks like he's been replaced by someone even worse:

You will love his agreed to replacement in 2 yrs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.