Jesus Coming Back.

5,688 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TTUArmy
SirDippinDots
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Physical descendants is pretty clear in the scripture

The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.
Zobel
AG
First, the promise to Abraham is that through him all the nations of the world will be blessed. God's promise, the mystery revealed in Christ, is to fix the fall. The entirety of the OT, the whole history of Israel, the feasts, the Law, the prophets are all about the great mercy who is Christ Jesus. Everything has to be understood by this lens, and so Abraham's role is to be the family through which God works this fix to restore mankind. All mankind.

St Paul is clear the promises to Abraham are specifically made to one person and person only: Christ Jesus. (Gal 3:16) And that being a son of Abraham is not about blood (Gal 3:7).

Christ Jesus rejects the Jews claiming Abraham as their father by sole virtue of their blood. This is a major theme of the gospel according to St. Luke.

Tying the covenant to an ethnic group of Israelites who have rejected God - indeed the person who rejects Christ does not know the Father and rejects the Father, and the one who rejects those who Christ sent rejects Christ and the Father - is a truly incorrect understanding of the entire premise and foundation of the scriptures.
A New Hope
No one knows the date and time of his return. Have to be prepared at all times.
SirDippinDots
Fedup said:

No one knows the date and time of his return. Have to be prepared at all times.

The Father does. I am sure Christ has told him he is ready to fetch his bride and he is waiting for the word.
dermdoc
AG
All I know is when Jesus comes back it will be a good thing for all people. Life is wonderful but life in the full presence of Christ will be even better.

And no more death. Praise the Lord!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TTUArmy
Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. Rev 1:3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.