If one soul enters the human body

2,972 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PacifistAg
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Do you do that when people say "slave" too?

Johnny2Fan
What the f????? Did you really turn this into a bleeding snowflake thread????
Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
AstroAg17 said:

If it's one soul per will, do people in vegetative states have a soul?
I think you're going to have to get a lot more specific than that. I've heard that term used to describe everything from brain death to an extended coma from which someone completely recovers.

It's also a bit tangential. The question of whether an ensouled body loses it's soul after death or other circumstances is sticky theologically from a Christian perspective.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
No, he was just dead - in Hades, Sheol, the grave. The whole current popular concepts of heaven and hell are really rather foreign to the NT.
ramblin_ag02
AG
That's why I said it's sticky. The current most common Christian belief is that our soul goes to be with God until the great resurrection. At that point, the soul rejoins the renewed body. However, there is also a belief, especially among early Christians, that the soul stayed with the body until the body was renewed. It was just unaware of anything during that time. That springs from a Jewish belief of people going into the grave and losing all awareness there. Ecclesiastes goes into much detail on that belief.

So if a person going into an unconscious state, does the soul stay with the unconscious body or does it do something else? You'll find Christian beliefs along the whole spectrum. You can find accounts of unconscious people saying they were with God in heaven, saying they were floating around on Earth, or saying they had no awareness whatsoever.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agie95
AG
According the Jewish belief souls enter the body at the first breath, which occurs at birth. Unfortunately, this is why Judaism in general doesn't have the same issue with abortion.

Within the Zohar and other sod level writings a body can contain more than one soul. This is called ibur. An ibur can take a body for a specific task, for the life of the body, and anything in between.

Regarding conjoined twins or similar type abnormalities, they are thought to have two souls.
Johnny2Fan
Great, finally an answer to my question, thanks!
jkag89
Johnny2Fan said:

Great, finally an answer to my question, thanks!

Ask a better question or at least answer the questions put to you in order that we may have a chance at giving a decent answer.
Quote:

What the f????? Did you really turn this into a bleeding snowflake thread????
This isn't Forum 16, if you don't want to play nice find somewhere else to ask your inane little question.
Johnny2Fan
I know one thing, you wouldn't talk like that to my face. And if you think you would. Let's see boy.
swimmerbabe11
Are you so sensitive that you just tried to physically intimidate another poster over a keyboard?
Johnny2Fan
Yeah.....
jkag89

Talk about snowflakes.
Johnny2Fan
That's funny. Also what I thought.....
jkag89

With each post, you keep proving my point that the R&P Board might not fit your temperament.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Are you so sensitive that you just tried to physically intimidate another poster over a keyboard?

Seriously, I'm a pacifist and the type of person who anonymously threatens people online with silliness like "you wouldn't say that to my face" are perhaps the least intimidating people on this planet.

Forum 16...every single time.
Zobel
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverybadass/
swimmerbabe11
just to recap, was there even a single response that seemed to have any doubt on this issue aside from the OP?
PacifistAg
AG
I bet you wouldn't say that to his face.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.