Very chilling!

10,426 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AstroAg17
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. There is quite a bit.

Caution: it's a lot.

Start with Our Lady of Fatima, particularly the third secret.

Also, research the "Three Days of Darkness."

agie95
AG

Prophesy is prophesy. Jonah's declaration was one of if you don't repent. That is why Jonah ran. He didn't want Nineveh to be saved. He knew how bad they were and they were an enemy of Israel. If you would go a little further in Jeremiah to 18:7-10 it reads - At one moment I may speak about a nation or about a kingdom, to uproot, to pull down or to destroy it. 8 But if that nation turns from their evil, because of what I have spoken against it, I will relent concerning the calamity that I planned to do to it. 9 Or at another time I may speak about a nation or about a kingdom, to build up or to plant it. 10 But if it does evil in My sight, not listening to My voice, then I will relent of the good that I had said I would do to it." This is in alignment with what you are saying.

The way it is being presented is contradictory to what was said in Deuteronomy. Jonah was in effect saying, IF you don't repent this will happen. God does allow man to repent. Therefore the prophecy was true. This is how one can be in alignment with Deuteronomy 18 - Any prophecy that does not come true is not from God.

S.A. Aggie
AG
Listening to the video's and audio's is interesting indeed. My only concern is if he had the dreams in December of 2019, why didn't he post a video then or in January or February. Had he done that, he might have more of my ear. He tells us that he told several men that can confirm what he had told them after he had the dreams. What are their names and why weren't they on the video to confirm it? Now, what he is saying may very well come to pass and hopefully the Rapture will occur before then. If it doesn't then we will be in deep kimchee. I always have a pretty good stock of ammo and non perishable foods. I may stock up some more but I know one thing for sure. I will be sharing His word and reading it allot more.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Dp
ramblin_ag02
AG
That's funny. When I quoted the passage it said Nineveh would be overthrown. There were no qualifiers. It is incredibly straightforward.

Jon 3:1 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you."
3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day's journey into the city, proclaiming, "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.

If your interpretation adds qualifiers that don't exist in the text then we are starting to color outside the lines. That's making the text fit your own interpretation and not letting your intepretation fit the text, eisegesis instead of exegesis.

On one level I agree. There is an implied "if you don't repent" in Jonah's prophecy, because there is an implied "if you don't repent" in all prophecy of misfortune. Which is why I brought up Jeremiah twice, who explicitly says this very thing.

I must be having an off day, because I feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over. Yet, I'm clearly not communicating well enough to get across an uncomplicated point.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
First of all, I am a conservative. And a Christian. When the pastor talked in his last dream about the persecution of the church by apparent "lukewarm" Christians, my radar went off.

Just seems to be a constant rant from the right and I do not see persecution of the church in America now or in the foreseeable future.

And my radar also goes off when a pastor talks about teaching the "true" Gospel. If he is preaching like Paul at the Sermon on Mars Hill, I would agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
Seamaster said:

Yes. There is quite a bit.

Caution: it's a lot.

Start with Our Lady of Fatima, particularly the third secret.

Also, research the "Three Days of Darkness."

I have indeed researched the Three Days of Darkness. Can you recommend anyone besides the Lady of Fatima in particular? I have read some of Padre Pio and understand that some 19th century saints spoke of end times.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Whitetail
AG
dermdoc said:

First of all, I am a conservative. And a Christian. When the pastor talked in his last dream about the persecution of the church by apparent "lukewarm" Christians, my radar went off.

Just seems to be a constant rant from the right and I do not see persecution of the church in America now or in the foreseeable future.

And my radar also goes off when a pastor talks about teaching the "true" Gospel. If he is preaching like Paul at the Sermon on Mars Hill, I would agree.
dermdoc
AG
Fair enough. But the pastor seemed to be talking more about folks who nod off during a sermon.
Whitetail
AG
Right. Point made...but I don't think he is judging them, just trying to send them a wake up call.
PacifistAg
AG
Whitetail said:

dermdoc said:

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, that happened at this guy's IFBC "church". He boasts, from the pulpit, of being a racist and bigot. This was also at an AR-15 raffle, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps the problem is more followers of Christ should have been protestin this "church". His isn't a church. It's a cult.

Tamu_mgm
AG
Personal revelation from an evangelical pastor...interesting but worth taking with a big grain of salt.
FrecklesDad
AG
He had the original dream in December. The rest of his dreams have all come in the last couple of weeks. He did not know what to do with the original dream it appears.
FrecklesDad
AG
I have said for years now that most churches nowadays have sermons that "tickle the ears" of the congregants. Yes, God loves everyone, but ones actions have consequences and many do not preach that anymore. That is what I think the pastor is trying to get across.
dermdoc
AG
FrecklesDad said:

I have said for years now that most churches nowadays have sermons that "tickle the ears" of the congregants. Yes, God loves everyone, but ones actions have consequences and many do not preach that anymore. That is what I think the pastor is trying to get across.
The pastor is supposedly relating a dream not his own exhortations or thoughts.
one MEEN Ag
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

So Jonah was a false prophet?

Jon 3:Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you."

3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day's journey into the city, proclaiming, "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown." 5 The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.
6 When Jonah's warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:
"By the decree of the king and his nobles:
Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish."
10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.

Maybe there is more to it, which is exactly what I said before, and exactly what Jeremiah said.

Jer 5:5 Then the prophet Jeremiah replied to the prophet Hananiah before the priests and all the people who were standing in the house of the Lord. 6 He said, "Amen! May the Lord do so! May the Lord fulfill the words you have prophesied by bringing the articles of the Lord's house and all the exiles back to this place from Babylon. 7 Nevertheless, listen to what I have to say in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: 8 From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. 9 But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true."

Prophecy of misfortune and ruin can be averted by repentence and humility. Prophecy of peace is unconditional

Jonah is a fictional satire that used real people and places. Its the only book of prophecy about the prophet himself, and Jonah is a terrible prophet as he flees God and barely performs his prophetic duties. Everything in Jonah is over the top cartoonish. The city is bigger than it is known in its day, people repent at the drop of a hat with one line from a begruding prophet.

Jonah is about the dangers of pride, and when God calls us to love our enemies- he means it. Jonah hates the idea of prophesying to the Assyrians because, in real history, they kill his people. He doesn't want them to repent and walk with God, he wants them to burn. Sound relevant?

I'm constantly recommending Exploring My Strange Bible Podcast because it is incredible. Jonah was Tim Mackie's first topic he covered. And his knowledge of historical context in ancient near eastern cultures shines.

https://bibleproject.com/podcast/series/the-amazing-jonah/

ramblin_ag02
AG
That's an interesting interpretation I've never heard before. I'm going to have to look into that later.

The only thing about the statement that seems off is the comment about Nineveh. If you get a chance, Dan Carlin starts his King of Kings series with a good thirty minute discussion about the ruins of Nineveh. It was built by a peak civilization and was unparalleled in the world for hundreds of years. When the Assyrian Empire fell and Nineveh was destroyed, he makes the case that no one would have been able to rebuild it until the peak Roman Empire
FrecklesDad
AG
Yes, he is relating what is in the dreams, but I thought that is what he was trying to describe about what was in those dreams.
dermdoc
AG
FrecklesDad said:

Yes, he is relating what is in the dreams, but I thought that is what he was trying to describe about what was in those dreams.
Maybe it is just me, but it seems like that is what you are interpreting from the recanting of his dreams.
FrecklesDad
AG
Maybe so
Buck Turgidson
UTExan said:

Beer Baron said:

Has he said anything about the reverse vampires' role in all of this yet?
Well, they might have been giants, so to speak:

The NBA is full of "hominids approaching seven feet tall". How is that a crazy stretch?
Buck Turgidson
dermdoc said:

Maybe subversion is a more accurate term than persecution.

Buck Turgidson
PacifistAg said:

Whitetail said:

dermdoc said:

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, that happened at this guy's IFBC "church". He boasts, from the pulpit, of being a racist and bigot. This was also at an AR-15 raffle, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps the problem is more followers of Christ should have been protestin this "church". His isn't a church. It's a cult.

The behavior is inexcusable under any circumstance. Marxists always think they can justify bad behavior because something offended them that day.
Buck Turgidson
When he got to foreign troops in US soil, that's when you knew it was just his own crazy dream.
UTExan
Buck Turgidson said:

UTExan said:

Beer Baron said:

Has he said anything about the reverse vampires' role in all of this yet?
Well, they might have been giants, so to speak:

The NBA is full of "hominids approaching seven feet tall". How is that a crazy stretch?

With our nutritional and human comfort standards I don't think 7' earns giant status. In an era where the average male height was 5'2" to 5'4", I think attaining 7 ' is pretty remarkable.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
swimmerbabe11
I'm sorry, please clarify... are you calling that pastor a marxist?
agie95
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

That's funny. When I quoted the passage it said Nineveh would be overthrown. There were no qualifiers. It is incredibly straightforward.

Jon 3:1 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you."
3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day's journey into the city, proclaiming, "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.

If your interpretation adds qualifiers that don't exist in the text then we are starting to color outside the lines. That's making the text fit your own interpretation and not letting your intepretation fit the text, eisegesis instead of exegesis.

On one level I agree. There is an implied "if you don't repent" in Jonah's prophecy, because there is an implied "if you don't repent" in all prophecy of misfortune. Which is why I brought up Jeremiah twice, who explicitly says this very thing.

I must be having an off day, because I feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over. Yet, I'm clearly not communicating well enough to get across an uncomplicated point.
Let's have a discussion with the smartass comments. They really only detract from the conversation.

I am not adding anything when one reads the entirety of Jonah. Jonah knew what God would do:

But it greatly displeased Jonah and he resented it. So he prayed to God and said, "Please, Lord, was not this what I said when I was still in my own country? That's what I anticipated, fleeing to Tarshishfor I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and full of kindness, and relenting over calamity. Jonah 4:1-2

This tells us a couple of things.

1. There is more to the story than what we are told. We are not told that Jonah said anything to God while still in Israel. We are told God told Jonah to go to Nineveh and Jonah ran.

2. To extrapolate that then, if we weren't told everything about Jonah's conversation about his mission, are we told everything about Jonah's words to Nineveh? The Bible is not a history book. The words we are told have a purpose and what is left out is left out. Jonah knew as it is stated in chapter 4 that God would do this if they repented.

Think about Nineveh for a second. Nineveh is a city among the nations, i.e. not in Israel. How would they know what to do? To repent? How does one repent before God if you don't know? What are you repenting from? Did Jonah's message to Nineveh contain only 8 words (at least in English)? Jonah went around Nineveh repeating those same 8 words. That doesn't make sense. That is all we were told. In ch. 3, God tells Jonah go tell Nineveh what I tell you. People typically don't repent hearing 8 words, specially a whole city. Jonah would have been a laughing stock if that was his complete message.

Therefore, I don't agree with your analysis that my statement is one totally of eisegesis. Using chapter 4 helps which fills in some of those holes. One using common sense has to know Jonah said more than just the 8 words.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
mushrooms
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

The words we are told have a purpose and what is left out is left out. Jonah knew as it is stated in chapter 4 that God would do this if they repented.
So you contend that the entire story of Jonah was told for a purpose and every word was carefully chosen and is critical, but the actual prophecy of Jonah wasn't important enough to make it into the book in its entirety?

So it was critical that we know that Jonah paid the fair when he tried to escape his destiny by boat? It was critical that the entire second book be devoted to Jonah's prayer of repentence? It was critical to spend 3 verses on the king of Nineveh's proclamation? So all of these things were so critical that not one work could be left out, but the actual prophecy of destruction around which the entire book hinges was truncated and not recounted in its entirety?

Again, you're forcing beliefs onto the text to the point that you are now willing to reference things that aren't even in the text, and you attack my common sense for not also inventing prophecy not noted in the text. That's moving beyond eisegesis straight into making things up.

Again, there is already a explanation for this straight from the Bible. All prophecy of blessing is always true and non-contingent. All prophecy of misfortune can be turned aside by repentence and humility. It's true in the Jonah story, true in David's story after the census, and explicity stated by Jeremiah.
agie95
AG

Quote:

So you contend that the entire story of Jonah was told for a purpose and every word was carefully chosen and is critical, but the actual prophecy of Jonah wasn't important enough to make it into the book in its entirety?

Yes. Do you think we have every word of every story in the Bible? We really very little about Adam and Eve after they Eden. How about Isaac? Other than the sacrifice and the wells we really don't know much about him. It is not a history book. We aren't told 100% of everything about everything. How much is in the Bible about the tzimzum (contraction of God's light during creation)? How much is in there about our souls? Sure you can take in some midrash or oral torah, but we still don't have everything about every story. I think it is naive to think we have everything. One has to dig and study. Many levels of understanding - PARDES.

Quote:

So it was critical that we know that Jonah paid the fair when he tried to escape his destiny by boat? It was critical that the entire second book be devoted to Jonah's prayer of repentence? It was critical to spend 3 verses on the king of Nineveh's proclamation? So all of these things were so critical that not one work could be left out, but the actual prophecy of destruction around which the entire book hinges was truncated and not recounted in its entirety?
Same question as before. Yes. Learn Hebrew though and you do get to see additional info.

Quote:

Again, you're forcing beliefs onto the text to the point that you are now willing to reference things that aren't even in the text, and you attack my common sense for not also inventing prophecy not noted in the text. That's moving beyond eisegesis straight into making things up
. What did I just make up? What you quoted that I said, is pretty explicit in ch 4.

Quote:

Again, there is already a explanation for this straight from the Bible. All prophecy of blessing is always true and non-contingent. All prophecy of misfortune can be turned aside by repentence and humility. It's true in the Jonah story, true in David's story after the census, and explicity stated by Jeremiah.

I am not arguing that point. You first said something to me when I said for all prophecy must come true or the prophet is not from God. I quoted a Deuteronomy 18:22 - When a prophet speaks in the Lord's Name and the word does not happen or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuouslydo not be afraid of him. You asked if I was calling Jonah a false prophet. Basically, you started this from the beginning. You knew I wasn't calling Jonah a false prophet or this story wouldn't be in the Bible.

When Moses spoke Deut 18:22, he didn't list any caveats, so I didn't either. You decided to make a case out of it. In my initial reply to you, I mentioned that you did say some of the same stuff I did. You seem very agitated for some reason, so I am not going to continue with the conversation.

How things get better.

Zobel
AG
Jonah is an awesome book. Funny, poignant, cryptic... I love it.

But, the prophecy is true. "Overthrown" means turned over, overturned but it can also mean changed, or turned. Nineveh was certainly turned over.

As for Jonah knowing what God would do - yes. He knows the Lord is gracious, compassionate, slow to anger. That's why he didn't go to Nineveh. He's basically saying - THIS is why I didn't come! I knew if I did, they'd repent, and you'd spare them! He's throwing God's love and mercy back in God's face.

He doesn't want Nineveh to be saved, he wants it to be destroyed. He is supposed to be a prophet, but consistently does the wrong thing, the wrong way. He's a terrible prophet. Finally, when he does go, he does the bare minimum and preaches the world's worst sermon, and its wildly effective. So effective he wants to die rather than see the people repent and receive mercy. He's the same type as the brother of the Prodigal son.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Agree 100%. Jonah is my favorite prophet in the entire Bible. He was called but didn't want to be a prophet. He actively ran away from his calling. He reluctantly agrees to preach to a bunch of people he hates. He abandons Nineveh and eagerly awaits its destruction, and then he gets mad when they repent and God doesn't smite them.

He's petty, childish, spiteful and a coward, but he also helped redeem one of the greatest cities of the time despite his best efforts. The OT is full of people who just seem to be abundantly human and are poor roll models, but they are extremely entertaining and show that God works through all kinds of people
Mort Rainey
Imagine watching this crap and believing it. This type of gullibility is how you end up in Guyana drinking Kool Aid

https://www.deliveredbygrace.com/why-you-should-reject-the-message-of-dana-coverstone/?fbclid=IwAR0HVB3J4lpYcOkC04l8p-0ZG6cRtlgIXmZhsKFmCHvJKC4LQlOxE5DjwDg
FrecklesDad
AG
I don't know about believing it, but I thought it was an interesting dream. Everything you see or hear should be tested. That goes for what preachers say from the pulpit too.
UTExan
FrecklesDad said:

I don't know about believing it, but I thought it was an interesting dream. Everything you see or hear should be tested. That goes for what preachers say from the pulpit too.

It was interesting, and unless God dictates otherwise, these visions and dreams are sent as warnings to change course. America needs to repent from its sins in a whole spectrum of activities: personal and group hatred (the spirit of murder), sexual depravity, feticide and idolatry and witchcraft of varying forms.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.