Very chilling!

10,483 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AstroAg17
FrecklesDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Pattie was not claiming to be a prophet. He only said that he had dreams in which he thought God was speaking to him.
swimmerbabe11
I'm sorry, I'm really really not trying to be obtuse.. but what is the difference between what you described and a prophet?
FrecklesDad
AG
Have you ever had God speak to you? You will know when it happens.
swimmerbabe11
honestly, I think that the concept of God speaking directly to you is usually deceptive and a sign of what you are hoping to hear..

God speaks to me through His Word and through my pastor's sermon.

Thinking I hear God "whisper" to me directly is toying with gnosticism.
dermdoc
AG
Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
https://wolfmueller.co/hearing-voice-god-guide/
FrecklesDad
AG
It is not like Moses heard from God, but you will definitely know if God is speaking to you. Doesn't happen often, but if and when it does, you will know.
UTExan
FrecklesDad said:

Have you ever had God speak to you? You will know when it happens.
Amen. Sometimes the word just leaps off the page into your being. Sometimes it is a prophetic word spoken into your life by another believer which causes the spirit within you to rise. You will know it because it is a definable moment, sometimes combining the sensate, the spiritual and the rational.

As I said, I hope the pastor is wrong. I hope God stays the consequences of the national sin of our people, but I see nothing on the horizon which indicates otherwise. And I am not certain the summer will be peaceful, either. There might well be some new media outrage, some major political scandal, some incident which will again send people into the streets who are bored, jobless, angry, etc. That will result in further spread of Covid 19 because the close proximity of the demonstrators will insure droplet transmission of viable virus.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
swimmerbabe11
Meh, the voice in your head that you want to be post it notes from God are usually fulfilling your own biases, playing tricks on you, giving you the easier solution, and telling you what you'd prefer to hear. As much as I want to feel like I'm hearing a supernatural voice from the Heavens, God speaks through Scripture and His pastors preaching the Gospel of Christ.
Frok
AG
HEB mentioned a coin shortage this week

ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm pretty sure when I hear God it's legit, but when everyone else hears God it's not.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm sorry, I'm really really not trying to be obtuse.. but what is the difference between what you described and a prophet?

If he's not willing to die for being wrong, he should shut up and let God speak.

Deut. 18.

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or[f] who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' 21 And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?' 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.
FrecklesDad
AG
I guess that is why he waited and told no one about his first dream and only did so when he had his second and third dreams. Only God knows for sure.
dermdoc
AG
Guy could be a true prophet but I would not change a thing in my life. I have the Lord with me all the time now.
FrecklesDad
AG
I agree with you. I think his point in it was that God was telling him to "Brace yourself and to endure until the end." That is what I got out of his last message which was much more detailed.
UTExan
FrecklesDad said:

I agree with you. I think his point in it was that God was telling him to "Brace yourself and to endure until the end." That is what I got out of his last message which was much more detailed.
This. I am certain that he will be dismissed as crazy, or deluded or marginalized as "heretical" by some, but prophecy is for those who can receive it. There is an account of Armenian Pentecostal Christians who had what they claimed were warnings form the Lord prior to World War 1 and there began to flee from the Ottoman Empire ahead of the Armenian Genocide as recounted by Demos Shakarian in his 1979 book The Happiest People On Earth.

As for the last part of the dream sequence regarding foreign troops, I suspect this is metaphorical of foreign military influence or sabotage. I suspect far worse awaits at the hands of domestic terrorists of both the far right and far left who desire nothing more than chaos and sabotage.

The pastor did not seem overly materialistic---he has simply articulating some reality and preparedness for any form of emergency and the fact that he dares to mention personal and family defense is just over the edge for some.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dermdoc
AG
Agree.
SirDippinDots
schmendeler said:

Something disappointing about a (seemingly) Christian pastor telling people to make sure they have guns and ammunition for civil unrest.
Luke 22:
35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
PacifistAg
AG
SirDippinDots said:

schmendeler said:

Something disappointing about a (seemingly) Christian pastor telling people to make sure they have guns and ammunition for civil unrest.
Luke 22:
35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

You even quoted the verse that actually explains the command. It had nothing to do with self-defense.
dermdoc
AG
And not to derail but I am now reading The Happiest People on Earth.
UTExan
dermdoc said:

And not to derail but I am now reading The Happiest People on Earth.
He was the founder of Full Gospel Businessmens' Fellowship International and has quite a story.
Whitetail
AG
Dream #4:

schmendeler
AG
I can't wait for the season finale
Frok
AG
Wait....he is releasing more dreams now?

This guy just wants attention
Beer Baron
AG
Has he said anything about the reverse vampires' role in all of this yet?
UTExan
Beer Baron said:

Has he said anything about the reverse vampires' role in all of this yet?
Well, they might have been giants, so to speak:

Beer Baron
AG
Sure, why not add this to the pile of nonsense too.
agie95
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Ordhound04 said:

Long video, but it brings up the fact that many of these "prophetic words" often have a garbage batting average. IMHO a "prophet" should have a 1.000 batting average.
In principle I agree, but as far as we know Jonah had a 0% batting average. Nineveh repented and was not destroyed. Jeremiah talked about this some. Prophets that prophecy doom can be wrong if God relents and people repent. However, a prophet that prophesies peace must be right 100% of the time, because God never withholds a promised blessing.

Don't take that as my endorsement of any particular prophet, especially the dime-a-dozen-and-always-wrong end-time prophets that seem to get popular for whatever reason
A true prophecy from God can't be wrong, if someone is wrong they are not a prophet from God.

When a prophet speaks in the Lord's name and the word does not happen or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuouslydo not be afraid of him. Deuteronomy 18:22

Seamaster
AG
I believe it was early March this year - before things got very bad.

I was in my pool and a vulture landed on the peak of our roof and sat there for a good 10 minutes.

At the time I thought it a bad sign or sign of something foreboding.

I've also had a nagging feeling for well over a year that at some point I need to take my family on an urgent journey. And I'll get them there. But after I get them there, I'll die.

ramblin_ag02
AG
So Jonah was a false prophet?

Jon 3:Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you."

3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day's journey into the city, proclaiming, "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown." 5 The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.
6 When Jonah's warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:
"By the decree of the king and his nobles:
Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish."
10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.

Maybe there is more to it, which is exactly what I said before, and exactly what Jeremiah said.

Jer 5:5 Then the prophet Jeremiah replied to the prophet Hananiah before the priests and all the people who were standing in the house of the Lord. 6 He said, "Amen! May the Lord do so! May the Lord fulfill the words you have prophesied by bringing the articles of the Lord's house and all the exiles back to this place from Babylon. 7 Nevertheless, listen to what I have to say in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: 8 From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. 9 But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true."

Prophecy of misfortune and ruin can be averted by repentence and humility. Prophecy of peace is unconditional
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

I've also had a nagging feeling for well over a year that at some point I need to take my family on an urgent journey. And I'll get them there. But after I get them there, I'll die.
Odd how when people have these "feelings" it's always about a scenario where they are brave, important, or die for others or a noble cause. You rarely see people have a strong feeling that they'll curl up in a little ball and cry, or fail their family in a major way, or just live a normal life to a ripe old age.
Seamaster
AG
BB.

I wasn't aware people had these feelings often, at least often enough to where you've formulated enough examples to have this perception.

I doubt I'd curl up in a little ball.

A) I am not little.

B) I am not that attached to my life.

ramblin_ag02
AG
Beer Baron said:

Odd how when people have these "feelings" it's always about a scenario where they are brave, important, or die for others or a noble cause. You rarely see people have a strong feeling that they'll curl up in a little ball and cry, or fail their family in a major way.
I also find it funny that none of the modern "prophets" ever get told to lie on one side for months at a time (Ezekiel), marry a prostitute (Hosea), sell all their earthly possessions (Jeremiah), live alone in the wilderness (John the Baptist), risk their lives insulting a king to their face (Nathan, Elijah), or really do anything unpleasant at all. They always live completely normal lives aside from their "prophecy" and most of the time are well off church leaders
UTExan
Beer Baron said:

Sure, why not add this to the pile of nonsense too.

I thought his point about not applying European evolutionary models to subtropical (African) climates was quite good and intellectually honest, particularly given that we don't know the age of that femur.
UTExan
Seamaster said:

I believe it was early March this year - before things got very bad.

I was in my pool and a vulture landed on the peak of our roof and sat there for a good 10 minutes.

At the time I thought it a bad sign or sign of something foreboding.

Seamaster, do you know of any contemporary Catholic prophecy applicable to current events? I know there are Catholic mystics out there who have evidenced stigmata and given prophetic words.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.