R - Faith, tightropes, needs

1,142 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dds08
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The average human to survive needs at minimum, air, and water. He may go at maximum 3 weeks continuously or so with no food; 3 days with no water.

Assuming you are not testing the Lord, you're one of his children (you've accepted him, confessed sins, repented), obey him to the best of you're abilities, and assume he wishes for you live...

Is it safe to assume he will provide one way or another what you need to continue on living and no matter the situation, he will provide?

It seems the Lord's test for the Israelites out in the wilderness was to kindly ask the Lord for what they needed and have faith he would provide. They started sinning when they started demanding things and getting angry at Moses when they would go without water.

They were unwilling to "acrobat" their faith and just be happy with meager provisions and wait to be pushed to the edge and either accept death or receive salvation.

They were unwilling to say, "well I know we are out here in the middle of nowhere, and I know our water supplies have run dry, but if the Lord wants us to live, he will provide water; if he wants us to perish, he won't. We will kindly pray and ask for water and do our due diligence to be on the lookout for sources of water, but we dare not disrespect the sovereign one or dishonor him in any shape, form, or fashion. We're sinners and don't deserve another breath of air to breathe , much less water. We can tell the Lord how sad we are without water and tell him how we're suffering.

It's his choice, ultimately, whether to allow us to live at all.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Nope. No guarantee at all. God lets people starve to death since always.
Eliminatus
AG
Quote:

They were unwilling to say, "well I know we are out here in the middle of nowhere, and I know our water supplies have run dry, but if the Lord wants us to live, he will provide water; if he wants us to perish, he won't. We will kindly pray and ask for water and do our due diligence to be on the lookout for sources of water, but we dare not disrespect the sovereign one or dishonor him in any shape, form, or fashion. We're sinners and don't deserve another breath of air to breathe , much less water. We can tell the Lord how sad we are without water and tell him how we're suffering.

This is why I cannot follow a christian god. If people don't see anything wrong with this statement or the thought process behind it, then I guess I will continue to have to agree to disagree.

A general statement and not really directed at OP.
dds08
AG
1 Corinthians 1: 18 & 19
bmks270
AG
My philosophy is you have to do your part.
dds08
AG
Care to elaborate or give an example?
dds08
AG
Ever read Ecclesiastes?
Marco Esquandolas
AG
dds08 said:

Ever read Ecclesiastes?

Yes. Have you ever been alive on Earth and read the news?
dds08
AG
Come to think of it. After reviewing Matthew 4:1-11, it talks about Jesus having fasted forty days and 40 nights. After this fast he was out in the wilderness and tempted by Satan.

Life has no guarantees. Not even those who are without blemish, perfectly clean (who have no need to perform burnt/sin/guilt offerings) or completely lacking the mark of sin are guaranteed food and water. Jesus wasn't guaranteed anything, just like we aren't guaranteed anything.

Perhaps it's a fact of life. Adversity, "comes with the job description" of life. Maneuvering adversity is part of the role of being a creation of the Lord.

Job was a man who was thought highly of by The Heavenly Father and we know very well even Job had to go without; face adversity. Romans 5 says that the Lord doesn't tempt anyone, however it is evidenced by Job that the Lord allows Satan to tempt us.

Born in a manger because there was no room for Him in the inn. Talk about humble, beginnings. Humble beginnings indeed.

Trials increase perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work in us so that we may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
dds08
AG
Eliminatus said:

Quote:

This is why I cannot follow a christian god. If people don't see anything wrong with this statement or the thought process behind it, then I guess I will continue to have to agree to disagree.

A general statement and not really directed at OP.
BUMP

Care to elaborate Eliminatus?

What is wrong with the statement or the line of thinking behind it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.