'Make America Great Again' Copyrighted for Worship

5,320 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PacifistAg
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'Make America Great Again' Sung to Trump by Church Choir, Copyrighted for Worship

“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Martin Q. Blank
Baptists maybe onto something for once.
PacifistAg
AG
lol I knew you'd be the first to respond.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Good grief.. those lyrics are horrible.

ETA: not the idea that America is great or
Freedom is bad, but the lyrics are just cliche and cheesy....
PacifistAg
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Good grief.. those lyrics are horrible.

ETA: not the idea that America is great or
Freedom is bad, but the lyrics are just cliche and cheesy....
Agreed. It's a bad song. How many worship songs don't make any mention of God either? Unless I haven't seen the full lyrics, I can't find any reference to God. Want to play that at your 4th of July BBQ? Go right ahead. But I'm not sure how that can be called a "worship" song.
--St Isaac the Syrian
747Ag
AG
I saw this from a couple of different angles over the weekend. I immediately thought of RetiredAg... may I join you in a massive eyeroll, sir?
From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world.

The church is near, but the road is icy; the tavern is far, and I will walk carefully.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

I saw this from a couple of different angles over the weekend. I immediately thought of RetiredAg... may I join you in a massive eyeroll, sir?
Absolutely. Did you happen to catch Robert Jeffress' intro to Trump? It's about 6 minutes long, granted you'll feel like showering afterwards, so you may want to account for that time as well.
--St Isaac the Syrian
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

Absolutely. Did you happen to catch Robert Jeffress' intro to Trump? It's about 6 minutes long, granted you'll feel like showering afterwards, so you may want to account for that time as well.
No, I didn't. And, I don't think I need to. FBC Dallas gonna FBC Dallas.

The church is near, but the road is icy; the tavern is far, and I will walk carefully.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

No, I didn't. And, I don't think I need to. FBC Dallas gonna FBC Dallas.
Yeah, that's a pretty good description. FBC Dallas gonna FBC Dallas.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Frok
AG
What a waste of a copyright. Seriously, who is going to pay to play that song?

I swear I thought this was Babylon Bee at first.
Martin Q. Blank
RetiredAg said:

I can't say I hate Baptists as much as you do, but you can't deny that freedom is good. Even God rules us constitutionally.
PacifistAg
AG
Inspired By Patriotic Church Service, Man To Study All Biblical Passages About America

Speaking of Babylon Bee
--St Isaac the Syrian
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

I can't say I hate Baptists as much as you do, but you can't deny that freedom is good. Even God rules us constitutionally.
I don't hate Baptists, but valiant trolling effort.
--St Isaac the Syrian
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

RetiredAg said:

I don't hate Baptists, but valiant trolling effort.
I like Baptists. They tend not to try and cut in when I'm dancing with my wife. And they don't drink my beer & whiskey. Win-win.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
FBC Dallas... sounds like a soccer team.
PacifistAg
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Well, Jeffress is a pretty skilled goaltender.
--St Isaac the Syrian
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Another reason to like them.

Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

I don't hate Baptists
I'm not sure I've ever heard you say anything positive about them. They are like your kryptonite. Or gays to Seamaster.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

I don't hate Baptists
I'm not sure I've ever heard you say anything positive about them. They are like your kryptonite. Or gays to Seamaster.
Oh, that's because you seem to suffer from selective reading. I have spoken very highly of men like Ed Stetzer, Mohler, Russell Moore, James Merritt. I've commended them when they've done the right thing, such as condemning the alt-right movement or their Confederate flag resolution last year. Basically my entire family is Baptist. You do realize that you can disagree with someone without hating them, right? You can still have respect for them, even if you don't see eye-to-eye on everything.

But, again, here you are taking a thread and trying to make it about me. It's standard MQB.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Martin Q. Blank
I just chalked it up to your fundamentalist, Calvinist Baptist upbringing. Like atheists to Christianity. They really loathe it even though they may have some Christian friends.
PacifistAg
AG
Seriously. Stop obsessing over me and trying to turn every thread into one centered on this absurd fixation you have. This will be my final post to your trolling.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Star Wars Memes Only
Barrack Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm
PacifistAg
AG
dargscisyhp said:

Barrack Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm
Huh?
--St Isaac the Syrian
Star Wars Memes Only
The article reminded me of that song. It was catchy.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
RetiredAg said:

Seriously. Stop obsessing over me and trying to turn every thread into one centered on this absurd fixation you have. This will be my final post to your trolling.

You got this song stuck in my head.. now all who read/click will suffer with me!!

Macarthur
That is pathetic and Jeffres is a creep of the highest order. I truly think we are going to learn something about this guy someday that is going to shock the hell our of everyone.
cr
Macarthur said:

That is pathetic and Jeffres is a creep of the highest order. I truly think we are going to learn something about this guy someday that is going to shock the hell our of everyone.

I like Jeffres and I'm not Baptist. He seems to be a genuine believer and disciple of Christ.

"if the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.". John 15:18
PacifistAg
AG
Macarthur said:

Check out the First Baptist Dallas "worship" service from Sunday. They're certainly worshipping something alright. The idolatry is disturbing.

https://vimeo.com/223168724
--St Isaac the Syrian
Macarthur
garc said:

Macarthur said:

I like Jeffres and I'm not Baptist. He seems to be a genuine believer and disciple of Christ.

I grew up around Wichita Falls which is where he was before FBC Dallas. I know people that went to and worked at that church. At the risk of letting my utter distain for this man come through, let me just say is a bit of an ass.

My comments above are not without having some bit of knowledge of his past and how he has treated people
cr
RetiredAg said:

Macarthur said:

Check out the First Baptist Dallas "worship" service from Sunday. They're certainly worshipping something alright. The idolatry is disturbing.

Right.

Honoring veterans and thanking God for this nation that he gave us during the July 4th service is most definitely idolatry.

PacifistAg
AG
garc said:

RetiredAg said:

Macarthur said:

Right.

Should have just stopped there. That idolatry has no business in the church. That was state worship, pure and simple. The fact that the music leader kept calling it worship was appropriate. That performance was for America, not God.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Frok
AG
garc said:

Macarthur said:

Watch out man, this board might meltdown at that comment.
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

Macarthur said:

Well, I would not have been able to distinguish between this and a political rally in the first 20 minutes had it not been for the mention of Vacation Bible School.

cr
RetiredAg said:

garc said:

RetiredAg said:

Macarthur said:

Right.

Should have just stopped there. That idolatry has no business in the church. That was state worship, pure and simple. The fact that the music leader kept calling it worship was appropriate. That performance was for America, not God.

Its not idolatry. Idolatry is a state of the heart and mind. Singing God Bless America on the fourth of July doesn't rise to that level. No one in that service believes in the preeminence of the state. It's simply acknowledging that God created the nation and blessed those who live here. That's putting God at the center of it.

I'm glad I don't serve your god.
PacifistAg
AG
garc said:

Idolatry is a state of the heart and mind. Singing God Bless America on the fourth of July doesn't rise to that level. No one in that service believes in the preeminence of the state. It's simply acknowledging that God created the nation and blessed those who live here. That's putting God at the center of it.

I'm glad I don't serve your god.
When the music leader continually calls their American praise hymns "worship", it shows where the heart and mind is. Those songs weren't about God. They were about America. Want to sing these nationalist praise hymns? Go right ahead. They don't belong in church.

And what god do you think I serve? I serve Christ crucified, whose Kingdom is not bound by imaginary lines in the dirt.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.