'Make America Great Again' Copyrighted for Worship

5,339 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PacifistAg
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeffress is like a parody of an American cultural "Christian." The fact that he's serious and actually has a following is both sad and repulsive.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG

“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
PacifistAg
AG

“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
PacifistAg
AG
Of course, Jeffress' comments have been all over social media today. It reminded me of Doc Daneeka's thread where he was calling for a state religion and theocracy. If Robert Jeffress isn't a shining example of why that's a bad idea, I don't know what is. When a "minister" can seemingly justify nuclear war for the state while using God's name in doing so, there's no limit to what a theocratic state will do.
--St Isaac the Syrian
UTExan
RetiredAg said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Good grief.. those lyrics are horrible.

ETA: not the idea that America is great or
Freedom is bad, but the lyrics are just cliche and cheesy....
Agreed. It's a bad song. How many worship songs don't make any mention of God either? Unless I haven't seen the full lyrics, I can't find any reference to God. Want to play that at your 4th of July BBQ? Go right ahead. But I'm not sure how that can be called a "worship" song.
I thought I was the only one who had it with non-theistic social justice hymns in church. My unfavorite is Draw the Circle Wide.
PacifistAg
AG
UTExan said:

RetiredAg said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Good grief.. those lyrics are horrible.

ETA: not the idea that America is great or
Freedom is bad, but the lyrics are just cliche and cheesy....
Agreed. It's a bad song. How many worship songs don't make any mention of God either? Unless I haven't seen the full lyrics, I can't find any reference to God. Want to play that at your 4th of July BBQ? Go right ahead. But I'm not sure how that can be called a "worship" song.
I thought I was the only one who had it with non-theistic social justice hymns in church. My unfavorite is Draw the Circle Wide.
Never heard that one. Can't find the lyrics either, but if it's anything like the nationalist garbage that some churches try to pass off as a hymn, then take that one out too.
--St Isaac the Syrian

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.