Vaccinations and Personal Freedom

3,077 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by NonReg85
Post removed:
by user
Woody2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AstroAg17 said:

If vaccines all came as flintstones vitamins nobody would care. I think the imagery of a needle is a large part of the problem.

That, plus the "scary" list of ingredients.
dds08
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

if sufficient evidence could be shown that banning guns significantly reduced the overall homicide rate would you guys also be okay with the government taking control on this point?

I would think that everyone would agree that if guns never existed at all, our homocide rates would be lower.
My father is a Vietnam Veteran US Marine.

Having said that, if we are going to ban guns then we have to ban sharp pencils, pens, needles, walking canes, rulers, roses, plastic silverware, toothpicks, hair combs, etc.

The things he saw on this sign, that were effectively banned, when he got off a Navy ship in Asia, while on duty. A oriental country he was visiting mind you.

Reminds me of the movie Riddick; that teacup scene when Vin Diesal was prisoner at Creamatoria.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dds08 said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

if sufficient evidence could be shown that banning guns significantly reduced the overall homicide rate would you guys also be okay with the government taking control on this point?

I would think that everyone would agree that if guns never existed at all, our homocide rates would be lower.

Having said that, if we are going to ban guns then we have to ban sharp pencils, pens, needles, walking canes, rulers, roses, plastic silverware, toothpicks, hair combs, etc.

A good counter argument to an argument that literally no gun control supporters are making.
dds08
AG
If we ban guns we might as well ban teacups while we're at it.

Too late, we've already been given ideas.

and for good measure:

PacifistAg
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

At the very least, the suicide rates would be much lower. 2/3 of firearm-related deaths are suicide. It's one of those issues that rarely gets mentioned in the gun debates. Guns make suicide attempts far more permanent. There's no 2nd guessing and calling 911 or forcing yourself to throw up. You can't unring that bell once you've pulled the trigger.

Note: I'm opposed to gun control. I think that's why organizations like RAWtools are so valuable in calling on Christians to take an Isaiah 2:4 view on this issue and re-evaluate how we look at guns on the individual level.
dds08
AG
At least we have these diseases and illnesses which can be seen as bad, yet by the same token, be seen as a blessing in disguise.

If aliens invade our world, they will be susceptible to diseases we would otherwise be impervious to.

War of the Worlds.

The very organisms that are inherently lethal are unable to be seen with the naked eye.
Post removed:
by user
kurt vonnegut
AG
dds08 said:

If we ban guns we might as well ban teacups while we're at it.

BusterAg
AG
1) I can't use my vaccine needle stick sore to protect myself from a tyrannical government. We might argue about how much we should allow a government that has been captured by special interests to determine which medicines we need, but those guns make sure that the argument will always be relevant.

2) People that will not get vaccines are bad at science and math. If you want to go live in the woods and avoid vaccines and fluoride in your water then go ahead, but I don't want you to participate in our society, putting us at risk.

MooreTrucker
AG
For the OP, I fall between 2 and 3 leaning more toward 3. If you don't want to get vaccinated, that's on you. But it damn sure needs to be ON YOU. Don't come after free healthcare, etc. because you're too stupid to do something to prevent it. And don't send your kids to be around my kids because you're too stupid to protect your kids. And when your kids get sick from something preventable by vaccination, be prepared to pay some price - financial, parental, or otherwise.
GoneGirl
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

It's also all well and good teach abstinence and not get the HPV vaccine, but almost half all adults have HPV. People do dumb things, especially teenagers. Yes, gardisil doesnt prevent all high risk HPV, but it does prevent nearly half. You're telling me you wouldn't feel awful if your daughter or your son's wife got cervical cancer from a preventable HPV strain?
My gynological oncologist said pretty much the same thing. She advised it for my boys not so much for themselves but for the future of their wives and children. I've told my children their mother has cancer. It wasn't an awesome experience, and if I can take a step to keep them from the necessity of doing the same, I will.
Solo Tetherball Champ
NonReg85
AG
Macarthur said:

Similar subjects have come up over there on the board that shall remain nameless and I always find it interesting when the freedom at all cost folks chime in.

It is a plain and simple fact that there is no such thing as absolute freedom and there never will be. Those folks live in the same fantasy land they accuse the 'libs'.
Sure. But more freedom is better than less freedom. Right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.