KBTX article

5,081 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by hdrydor
Howdy101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When i read the KBTX story about A&M President Michael Young being asked if Bonfire would ever return to campus, his answer made me laugh.

I found it funny how he said "I think the students today probably have less familiarity with the sense of everybody coming out there and working really hard together for a month and lifting and stacking logs and things like that."

That's EXACTLY what the students involved with Student Bonfire are doing. Why can't he just come out and say the real reason? Everyone pretty knows the real reason, or has somewhat of an idea.

Even when I met John Comstock, I asked him and even he had a better answer (and his answer made complete sense).

I honestly think people should forget about Bonfire returning to campus. Even if it did, there would be way too much politics and legal matters associated with it.

Everyone should just focus on Student Bonfire because, in my opinion, it's much better than it ever was on campus. Its entirely student-led/run, they honor the 12 Fallen every year, they made the structure itself and the environment much more safe.

Thanks Student Bonfire for keeping the Fire burning!
T Boon Pickens
aggie67,74&76
MidTnAg
2004FIGHTINTXAG
hdrydor
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.