Idiocracy

4,375 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Pacifico
Rule Number 32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This movie just came out straight to DVD, and it is pretty funny! I wasnt expecting much, and it is completely retarded. I Think it is from the makers of futurama, and you can definitely tell. Anyone who likes futurama or zoolanderish humor will like this.
texican08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bought it on a whim the other day, the old lady thinks it looks "cute" and I heard it was decent...as a Luke Wilson fan i'm sure I will like it
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
its from mike judge, and if you dont know that is, go slit your wrist...even though you probably already did that today
Wes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

It got a great review from a magazine I read called American Conservative. According to that article there was some Hollywood pc objections to it that caused it not to get any promotion and go straight to video.
YDWOH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good show. I had low expectations, but I was in tears a few times.

The doctor's analysis of the guy is priceless.

"Hey bro, it says here your sh%&'s f*c*ed up. Don't worry, there's plenty of tards out there that live a happy life."
JAggie2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ow my balls!
AgFormerlyInIrving
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI...It didn't go straight to DVD. I saw it at the theatre on Webb Chapel in Dallas.
Old Army Metal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The problem is that we're using Brawndo to water the crops.

But it's got what plants crave! it's got electrolytes!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Unsolicited Sports Opinions"
at fourthandshawn.com

Old Army Metal: metal covers of FTAB songs
http://www.myspace.com/shawnmillender
Old Army Metal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, Maya Rudolph is heat incarnate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Unsolicited Sports Opinions"
at fourthandshawn.com

Old Army Metal: metal covers of FTAB songs
http://www.myspace.com/shawnmillender
YDWOH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"I finally convinced them I could talk to the plants and they told me they wanted water."
AMReasons
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maya Rudolph!
Theo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The doctor's analysis of the guy is priceless.



"Why come you don't have your tattoo?"

That movie was top notch. However, like Office Space before it, Fox did nothing to promote it.

I'm guessing the shots at Fox News, Fuddruckers, Starbucks, Costco, Carl's Jr. ("***** you, I'm eating!" ) and other corporations scared them to death.

Not to mention the fact that its satire is pretty directly aimed at about 75% of the people at the movies...

[This message has been edited by Theo (edited 1/14/2007 12:05p).]
Old Army Metal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, I could sure go for some starbuck's right now.

We don't have time for a handjob right now!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Unsolicited Sports Opinions"
at fourthandshawn.com

Old Army Metal: metal covers of FTAB songs
http://www.myspace.com/shawnmillender
thisguy05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just watched it

after judge's good work over the years this was a regression into the beavis and butthead era. it had its moments but it was really stupid, which is too bad cause it was a good idea and could have been a great satire
SteadicaTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a friend of mine was an extra in this movie. i will have to watch it and see if her scene made it in.
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very good and very funny film. Just got the DVD today. Here is an interesting article about it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/entertainment/20070111-094544-8381r.htm
Mat Lanticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This documentary premiered 20 years ago.

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thisguy05 said:

just watched it

after judge's good work over the years this was a regression into the beavis and butthead era. it had its moments but it was really stupid, which is too bad cause it was a good idea and could have been a great satire


This post did not age well.
Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thisguy05 said:

just watched it

after judge's good work over the years this was a regression into the beavis and butthead era. it had its moments but it was really stupid, which is too bad cause it was a good idea and could have been a great satire

What has two thumbs and bad opinions of movies??

thisguy
thisguy05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In your defense, you just didn't realize you were watching a documentary.
Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Counterpoint said:

In your defense, you just didn't realize you were watching a documentary.

Username checks out
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Man, I could sure go for some starbuck's right now.

We don't have time for a handjob right now!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Unsolicited Sports Opinions"
at fourthandshawn.com

Old Army Metal: metal covers of FTAB songs
http://www.myspace.com/shawnmillender


Just added you as a friend on MySpace!






I actually do remember his guitar cover of the War Hymn on there.
Rule Number 32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha I remembered posting on this thread but not starting it.

And yeah I didn't know who Mike judge was at the time. I was a sheltered child
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've still never seen this.

Does MySpace still exist?
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
YouBet said:

I've still never seen this.

Does MySpace still exist?
shame on you

And it supposedly does exist still, and I heard a tin hat site based rumor it may be coming back to the general population
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't Timberlake buy it years ago and try to revive it?


Idiocracy was a bit better as a concept than the executed movie, but still funny with many great scenes and lines. The general prediction of where we were headed doesn't seem too far off, but didn't account for AI ****ing up humanity.
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I think he turned it into a music creator share site or at least that's who used it mostly.

Ive also heard that they are planning on bringing the OG back, but the site I saw that on is fond of their conspiracies and rumors so not sure how accurate that rumor is.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

I think he turned it into a music creator share site or at least that's who used it mostly.

Ive also heard that they are planning on bringing the OG back, but the site I saw that on is fond of their conspiracies and rumors so not sure how accurate that rumor is.


WAsn't that how it originally started before it tried to become facebook?
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Didn't Timberlake buy it years ago and try to revive it?


Idiocracy was a bit better as a concept than the executed movie, but still funny with many great scenes and lines. The general prediction of where we were headed doesn't seem too far off, but didn't account for AI ****ing up humanity.

I think you're mixing up his character from the Social Network, Sean Parker who started Napster.
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I mean MySpace debuted as a social media site in 2003 and Facebook in 2004.

But from a little digging MySpace was a file storage site before being completely transitioned into a social media site in said 2003.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

I mean MySpace debuted as a social media site in 2003 and Facebook in 2004.

But from a little digging MySpace was a file storage site before being completely transitioned into a social media site in said 2003.


Ok. Had it in my head it started out built for musicians or informing people about concerts or something.
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Btron said:

Complete Idiot said:

Didn't Timberlake buy it years ago and try to revive it?


Idiocracy was a bit better as a concept than the executed movie, but still funny with many great scenes and lines. The general prediction of where we were headed doesn't seem too far off, but didn't account for AI ****ing up humanity.

I think you're mixing up his character from the Social Network, Sean Parker who started Napster.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/jun/30/myspace-internet

Justin was part of a $35 million purchase of myspace from NewsCorp in 2011. Hilarious that NewsCorp paid over $500 mill for it in 2005. Tom made out like a bandit.
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
President Camacho is a great character.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.