George Strait and Cocaine

48,414 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by lead
houstontexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"(moan) oh no, one of my entertainers does something besides drink....oooohhh, who am i going to listen to now..."

[This message has been edited by houstontexan (edited 12/1/2005 12:32p).]
houstontexan
i support drug use among entertainers!

[This message has been edited by houstontexan (edited 12/1/2005 12:36p).]
Willie's Guitar
I don't condone the use of drugs... but they sure have been good for my record collection.
terata
AG
Strait ain't straight, never has been
CjAg
AG
"Ya'll act like crack is so bad!!!"
houstontexan
"emmitt and michael...day good boys (sniffs, wipes nose), but day done lu'dat powda dough boy....(snorts, wipes nose) day done lo'dat powda."

barry switzer
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
I think Eric Clapton wrote a song about it.
You're wrong.

Robert Johnson did, however, right a song about it.
jj cale wrote cocaine along with "after midnight" and "call me the breeze". I'm assuming your referring to delta bluesman robert johnson, who died in 1938 (poisoned to death by his then girlfriend), and to my knowledge never wrote on the subject of cocaine.

if I am confused, please clarify.
Syd_X_Barrett
I'd venture to say that at least 1/2 of all songwriters have written a song about it.

I wouldn't know anything about that of course
ZoneClubber
AG
quote:
That dude is a maniac on stage, isn't he?
AggieOO
i'm not saying everyone does it, but its pretty well used in the entertainment industry.
Big 12-0
Col., good call! The joke wouldn't have gone over so well if I said Robert Johnson, though. They would have thought "The Tech player? WTF?"
lead
Blue parachute worthy even 12 years later. Yes, I googled "George strait cocaine".
FAST FRED said:

I hope this is all a rumor, but maybe he had a fire he couldn't put out and got "Carried Away," even though he was seemingly "Living And Living Well."

If he was getting "Unwound" from feeling "Down And Out," searching and asking "Am I Blue?" every night, "One Night At A Time," losing sight of "The Real Thing" and, "Right Or Wrong," "Desperately" he went down the path of "Easy Come and Easy Go," then I guess he'll be stuck in rodeo singer rehab, remembering "My Life's Been Grand," while asking "Why Baby, Why?" as "The Cowboy Rides Away," just another "Fool-Hearted Memory," who too late realized "My World Slipped Away."

"Just Write This Down," Mister Strait, "Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left" "The Best Day"s of his life just to end up a broken, has been Cowboy Junkie in "Honkytonkville."

"It Ain't Cool" to have once been the undisputed "King Of The Mountain" and then give up "The Chair" you occupied at the head table in "Marina Del Rey" just for some feel-good, nose candy "Ocean Front Property" and now be headed for a "Four Down And Twelve Across" sized cell in "The Middle Of Nowhere," where you'll seldom see the "Clear Blue Sky."

Maybe, your big, tattooed prison roommate will be eying your nice fitting Wranglers and softly singing, "You Look So Good In Love" under his smelly breath.

Maybe you can find "Jesus On The Jail House Floor."

So adis, "Adilida;" any "Famous Last Words," you fool?

Didn't anybody ever mention to you that "We Really Shouldn't Be Doing This?"

Or were you too busy thinking "Let's Go To Pieces" together?

They'll be no "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" fallback position for you now, "Baby Blue."

"As Far As It Goes," I hope your fans or family will send you some "Christmas Cookies" that can ease your Jones.

Gosh, "Fireman," I thought we knew you better than this.

You were "Something Special" to a lot of us.

Tell me, "Is It True", George?

If it's easier to answer us in a "Round About Way," just "Check Yes Or No."

I'm a longtime fan and I hope George is really straight.

And that, whether he's blameless or not, he has a sense of humor, should the words I've written here ever cross his mind.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.

[This message has been edited by FAST FRED (edited 11/28/2005 6:41p).]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.