Slow Horses Season 6

2,676 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once again, it will be a weekly drop. Slow Horses Season 6 will premiere on Wednesday, September 16, with one episode. The finale will begin streaming on October 21.

Season 6 will actually cover two books, the sixth and seventh in Mick Herron's series - Joe Country and Slough House.

One of the best, if not the best, series out there.
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it is!
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beautiful! Been waiting for this news!
Kaiser von Wilhelm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love this show. Especially since it's apparently the only show that doesn't take 5+ years between season releases. I can actually remember what happened in previous seasons, unlike literally every other show that is made now…
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love this show. I'm in come
November!
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't wait. I wish the trailers didn't have a big spoiler, though.
TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Literally one of my favorite shows. Cant wait
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of my favorites as well. One of the few shows that really has not dropped off in quality
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This has been one of my favorite Apple shows! So good. Excited for the new season
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joe Country is a great book, the structure of the plot was different that the other books.

I'm currently reading Slough House. I'm impressed with Herron's ability to keep the series fresh. And the Jackson Lamb character is so intriguing.
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't wait for this to return. Oldman is so funny in this.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kaiser von Wilhelm said:

I love this show. Especially since it's apparently the only show that doesn't take 5+ years between season releases. I can actually remember what happened in previous seasons, unlike literally every other show that is made now…

Here, here. There needs to be a new Emmy Award category for most efficient tv series.

HeardAboutPerio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Admittedly last season slipped by me after starting one episode (not sure why). It seemed wildly different compared to previous season (as season 4 did as well). By the excitement, I take it I should catch up asap.
CascadiaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Season 7 has already completed filming, and Season 8 filming is underway/


Love that they keep to a regular release schedule
Kaiser von Wilhelm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CascadiaAg said:

Season 7 has already completed filming, and Season 8 filming is underway/


Love that they keep to a regular release schedule


Now do Severance. Adam Scott is gonna be in his 60s or 70s before the series is completed...

How many shows will have to recast people with these release schedules, with all the cast members aging decades between seasons that are supposed to be literal continuations from the finale of the previous season?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CascadiaAg said:

Season 7 has already completed filming, and Season 8 filming is underway/


Love that they keep to a regular release schedule


Damn. How many seasons are planned?
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will say the SH has an advantage over many shows in that it's only 6 episodes per season, the source material already exists and there is no CGI at all. Some practical effects but the lack of digital work really helps. And it cuts the costs a ton.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh hell yes.
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For a six episode season covering two books, the first episode was much slower than I expected.
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought E1 was pretty meh.

Looking forward to E2 getting up to standard.
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If it follows the books....that's not the big spoiler...
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesherpa said:

If it follows the books....that's not the big spoiler...


Regarding the big spoiler, are you referring to someone's return? If so, they haven't tried to keep that under wraps at all. Which I guess considering OCs profile now, from a marketing standpoint, they'd want to lean into.

Enjoyed ep 1. Was a little surprised they opened with the Old *******s death and funeral. I guess we'll get some Jonathan price flashbacks throughout. And where was Louisa?

Which leads me to a book readers question(s) so I am guessing by combining books 6 and 7, they'll be combing the Russian hit squad with Franks op with Min Harper's kid, which, isn't it lambs orchestrating Franks death what then leads to the slow horses being wiped? Though in the books they were still getting paid, lol. Which, I'm also guessing we don't get Lech this season
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:


Which leads me to a book readers question(s) so I am guessing by combining books 6 and 7, they'll be combing the Russian hit squad with Franks op with Min Harper's kid, which, isn't it lambs orchestrating Franks death what then leads to the slow horses being wiped? Though in the books they were still getting paid, lol. Which, I'm also guessing we don't get Lech this season



there is a different reason for the SHs being wiped, which was less exciting than I expected, which was to give agents in training targets to surveil and they wouldn't know they were actually Park.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesherpa said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:


Which leads me to a book readers question(s) so I am guessing by combining books 6 and 7, they'll be combing the Russian hit squad with Franks op with Min Harper's kid, which, isn't it lambs orchestrating Franks death what then leads to the slow horses being wiped? Though in the books they were still getting paid, lol. Which, I'm also guessing we don't get Lech this season



there is a different reason for the SHs being wiped, which was less exciting than I expected, which was to give agents in training targets to surveil and they wouldn't know they were actually Park.


You're totally right. I forgot that. Thats how we ultimately get Ashley into SH bc she gets her nose busted by Lamb who caught her following and Lady Di gives him the whole "you break you keep it" line…still, though, I'm trying to figure out how they are going to blend the two books. Seems like they aren't going to introduce Lech yet, which was crucial to the Frank/Royal scandal/double agent German Intelligence plot.. The show how has really minimized Louisa's emotional fallout of Min dying , which introducing his kid and her guilt into helping would be a little out of left field in the show. But then we miss her and Flyte becoming friendly and her getting roped into the Wales mess….also, in ep one, Lady Di didn't seem caught off guard with Damien Cantor showing up with Judd so I guess that whole scheme hasn't happened yet? Bc isnt he the one that leaks the old SH roster to the Russians after Lady Di goes ham with a hit on the Russian assassin ? In conclusion, I should just stfu and stop worrying about trying to figure it out and just sit back and enjoy the season. Lol.
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The greatness of Roddy….
amg405
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great episode.

Honestly surprised this show isn't bigger. Well written (apparently great source material), well acted, and well made. I haven't read the books so the story is pretty awesome.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another good episode
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Another good episode

Man, I know we all knew the reveal was coming but it still made me smile. So well done. I also love how they are showing Lady Di getting put on her heels. The actor that plays Judd does a really great job bringing out that smarmy *******-y-ness of the character
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another really solid episode. The Sid/River banter is fantastic . As is the Lady Di/Lamb dynamic.

Also, the kid just ****ing with Roddy, and Coe making River give the front seat to Sid had me in stitches . The actor playing Coe is exactly how I pictured him from reading the books.

But did I miss that Louisa leaving Slough House from last season? I guess I forgot how everything ended up the previous season. That was a little jarring, but it gave us some great stuff with Shirley "you look great by the way", the thing from Bali in Louisa's Audi, lol

Book reader question/spoilerI am assuming that was a glance at the Novichok when the assassins were in OBs home? Nice little foreshadowing, though obviously that as well as the whole cattle farm was a change from the books. But my main question, are they trying to allude to Sid being the person that was sent to kill the Russian by Taverner? Her comment "you don't speak Russian?" Seemed a little more than just the usual Sid/River banter.
mnetop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

But did I miss that Louisa leaving Slough House from last season? I guess I forgot how everything ended up the previous season. That was a little jarring, but it gave us some great stuff with Shirley "you look great by the way", the thing from Bali in Louisa's Audi, lol

Go back and look at the previous season recap before episode 1 of this season and they showed the moment she states she was leaving...

And I agree with your other comments. I love this series. Each episode just flies by and too bad we are already half way this season....
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mnetop said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

But did I miss that Louisa leaving Slough House from last season? I guess I forgot how everything ended up the previous season. That was a little jarring, but it gave us some great stuff with Shirley "you look great by the way", the thing from Bali in Louisa's Audi, lol

Go back and look at the previous season recap before episode 1 of this season and they showed the moment she states she was leaving...

And I agree with your other comments. I love this series. Each episode just flies by and too bad we are already half way this season....


Lol, I almost always skip those bc I'm like "oh, I remember what happened". I guess at 44 my memory isn't what I think it is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.