*** CARRIE *** (Mike Flanagan Series Adaptation)

604 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Enrico Pallazzo
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great teaser trailer for Mike Flanagan's next.

Then after this? He's currently filming an Exorcist movie starring Scarlett Johansson.

Dude is tackling all the '70s horror hits...

Carrie
Season 1 (8 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11540908/
October 7, 2026
Amazon Prime Video



rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sosososososo in on this. His run w the Netflix minis he did and then took the 3 or 4 year hiatus... was frankly kind of pissed. But he told a well organized spooky story and I took the cadence of his output for granted. Whether or not they were critically appreciated, dgaf- liked the guys shows and glad he's back! Looking forward to his take on this one!
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish he'd go back to doing another original series. (Or very loose adaptation like the Haunting shows)

Midnight Mass was so good.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I needed to hear was Mike Flanagan. Anything he does, I'm there day one.
Vitani
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Midnight Mass is the only horror show I have been able to get my wife interested in. It is a fantastic, thought provoking show that leads to some great conversations.
Vitani
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with the sentiment of wanting him to do something original. He does not entirely fit in with this, but there is a trend of horror directors having a hit and turning that into a cash grab deal to make something based on a recognizable IP. Curry Barker is doing this with Texas Chainsaw Massacre after being successful with Obsession. I am surprised that Kane Parsons is not doing it after Backrooms. Instead, he went right to work on a Backrooms sequel.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always considered this a "good for the mid 1970s but doesn't really hold up" story. Maybe if the story was significantly changed, a series could be okay. But in general, if someone pitched a "this girl gets bullied but then discovers she has telekinesis and uses it to get to get revenge" story these days, it would be considered a pretty lame idea.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.