Zack Cregger's Resident Evil - Trailer

3,693 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by OasisMan
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG



I bet this director has a gallon of PCP on him at all times.

What a great trailer, loved the dial tone use as an almost song.




https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-movie-set-visit-preview
NoHo Hank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Solid wkyk reference there
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time ever seeing this….kinda neat….this is a directors commentary trailer for resident evil where yeah…the actual director breaks down the trailer for his own movie….

uujm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saxsoon said:




I bet this director has a gallon of PCP on him at all times.

What a great trailer, loved the dial tone use as an almost song.




https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-movie-set-visit-preview

Well Candace did pass away. At 4PM.
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
100% in.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

First time ever seeing this….kinda neat….this is a directors commentary trailer for resident evil where yeah…the actual director breaks down the trailer for his own movie….




That is awesome. Would love to see more of that
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just FYI, tickets went on sale today. Got mine for IMAX.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, the latest trailer, seeing as it never got posted in this thread...

Resident Evil
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt35538033/
September 18, 2026
Theatrical Wide

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been hearing great things about this movie all around, btw.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Been hearing great things about this movie all around, btw.
Cregger hasn't missed and this looks great
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:



It's a low bar, but 98% wow
batchuser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:



It's a low bar, but 98% wow


From influencers. Pass!
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Excited for this tonight.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hearing generally positive things as well. A few positives I won't share not because it's spoilery at all but it's more of the tone of the movie having a surprising (and positive) aspect to it.

The only negative thing I've heard from one person is the ending just kind of "happens"….almost like they ran out of budget and just said yeah that's good….this is from Jeremy jahns….

So I'll be curious to hear others thoughts cause I'll be missing this one
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was awesome. Cregger is 3 for 3.

It's equal parts scary and hilarious. Austin Abrams absolutely killed it in this movie. I think he's gonna be a pretty big star.

I will echo the sentiment that the ending is the weakest part of the movie though.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah.

Fantastic movie.

Absolutely terrible ending.

Was ready to rave about it until the last five minutes or so.

Still, the video game vibes throughout (a first person shooter at times, all the various objectives/"levels"/bosses, etc), the humor, the action, the scares... it's all so damn fun, well done, and awesome. Overall, it's definitely worth seeing. Just... be prepared for a polarizing ending.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could do over $50M domestic this weekend...

Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 13 and 15 year old who want to see this. Ok or a little too extreme? For reference they've seen some of the "tamer" horror movies like IT/Welcome to Derry and Final Destination.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's gory but nothing too extreme.

Main thing is there's a TON of f bombs.
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's gory but nothing too extreme.

Main thing is there's a TON of f bombs.


I don't cuss too much, but if I was in some kind of monster apocalypse I am pretty sure f bombs would be flying left and right, so that's probably accurate.
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is much more dedicated to his job than I've been to any job I had
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it today with the kiddo. He liked it. Overall pretty good. A few too many "let me stop and watch this thing instead of running" scenes but that's too be expected i guess.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

Saw it today with the kiddo. He liked it. Overall pretty good. A few too many "let me stop and watch this thing instead of running" scenes but that's too be expected i guess.


I didn't love it, I got what they were trying to do, but too much slapstick f bomb usage and the main character just squealing non stop.
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought it dragged at the end a bit and probably could have been cut by about 15 minutes.

Couple of good jump scares but overall not very scary outside of that (which wasn't it's intention I imagine).

As a complete movie, weakest of his 3.

Main character obviously carried the film, but not sure the film's plot would have survived a weaker main character. It was fun because he was fun.

Very Cabin in the Woods horror-comedy vibe.

Would definitely watch again. Could actually pair well with the original Resident Evil movie (which overtime I think many appreciate for it's cheesiness).

Loved the little game references (first aid spray, plants, typewriter)... Though we really could have used a "I am the master of unlocking" quote.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was funny as hell. That was ****ed up as hell. I put this above barbarian but not weapons

The main actor was a scream king and shouting obscenities left and right

The scene in the RV was . . . Wow

Lots of limbs getting severed and brutal deaths.

Lots of shoutouts to the game

This movie is really the story of the audio log the main character in a game would listen to
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got out. Good, but the weakest of Cregger's three movies to me. Barbarian was great because it was so unpredictable. Weapons was great (to me, his best) because the perfect balance of scary/funny and the intertwining POV worked extremely well for it. Resident Evil was good and Austin Abrams carried, but it was about as straightforward as a horror movie could be for something that had the freedom of not being a direct adaptation.

7/10, maybe an 8, I don't know yet. Either way, solid zombie movie. Nothing groundbreaking. One thing I do have to give Cregger credit for is he mastered the shot of a single silhouette running threateningly towards you.
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

One thing I do have to give Cregger credit for is he mastered the shot of a single silhouette running threateningly towards you.


This! For whatever reason the scene you're talking about was the scariest scene in the whole movie for me.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2nd biggest horror/video game adaptation? Trying to not cheat and go by memory of what the first was and can't think of anything….

Don't think Silent Hill did that well. I know this crushed all other Resident Evil movies….

Markipliers horror game adaptation was under this number….

????
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mario?
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FNaF…of course it's this…
uujm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

Mario?

gggmann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw it yesterday w/ my daughter. I really liked the first half or so, up until Raccoon City, but I was.bit let down by the 2nd half. Overall it was a good watch, but it doesn't hold up to his other two films. Austin Abrams did a good job though.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great popcorn flick. I like this a bit more than Barbarian, but not as much as Weapons.

It was dumb but incredibly fun, and didn't take itself too seriously. Loved the nods to the video game (slow door opening, typewriter, FPS, hunting for ammo in drawers). I didn't have as big of an issue with the ending. I enjoyed the campiness of it and really fit the tone of the rest of the movie.

This isn't a genre changing movie, but this just further solidifies the horror genre as a viable option for big studios.

I think this also guarantees Cregger gets a blank check from studios going forward for anything horror related, as video games have been notoriously fraught with terrible adaptations. Now that I think about it, this has to be the best video game adaptation movie of all time, right?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.