He takes a swing but HE CAN'T HIT!

3,765 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Txmoe
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God forbid.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

even still ,wtf is dave going to do lol? He's playing guitar, there are several people paid to deal with sound & mixing.

I'm guessing the video doesn't tell the whole story. Maybe they had been arguing before, and the sound guys were hearing different things from Dave and Perry? Otherwise, it looks like a bit of an overreaction to 65-year old Drunky McRockstar getting worked up.
fig96
AG
Apache said:

Jane Says
Mountain song
Been caught stealing
Stop

The 4 songs I really remember
Cant forget the opening to Entourage (Superhero), that riff just sticks in your head.
OnlyForNow
AG
I mean, it's a clip shot from a phone at the concert but the mixing sounds horrible.

Always disappointing when the sound guys make a "good" band sound horrible.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Maybe Perry was intentionally kept down in the mix because he sounded awful.
maroon barchetta
Know Your Enemy said:

Maybe Perry was intentionally kept down in the mix because he sounded awful.

Ah, yes, the "Vince Neil" mix.
OnlyForNow
AG
100% think this is what the deal was.
Whos Juan
AG

BadMoonRisin
AG
Quote:

It's time to start a new band: Jane's Rehab.

from the yt comments.
HtownAg92
AG
I read that there was supposed to be a long break in the song where Perry could go off for a while, and the band cut it short because they didn't want to hear it. Looks like in the video that Perry is about to get geared up and the band starts up again and it sets him off.

Anyway, the live version of Jane Says is an all-timer. As is just about any song that can incorporate steel drums into the mix.
agdoc2001
AG
Can't blame them for not wanting to endure 10 minutes of "be-be-boop be be be boop"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Just stopped by to drop in my six degrees of separation.

I met Jane's Addiction drummer Stephen Perkins at a jam session my friends were playing at Universal Bar & Grill in North Hollywood back in June 2021 when California reopened bars for a few weeks before locking them down again. Nice guy and good drummer. I don't really care for Jane's Addiction too much but Perkins is cool.

I'm also 99% sure that was where I picked up my 3rd round of Covid.
Txmoe
AG
maroon barchetta said:

What Perry hears is not the issue. The people in the front row were saying they couldn't hear the vocals.

If the guitar and bass are coming out of speaker cabinets on stage and then mic'd or DI'd into the board and also coming out of the mains, instead of just going DI to the mains like more bands are doing today, it's possible the people near the stage aren't hearing much vocal.

The vocals will come only from the mains and those are often hanging over the front edge of the stage or even a little past.

Being front row is not always good.
Also, isn't that more of a sound mixing issue? Seems weak to blame the guitarist for the sound that reaches the audience.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.