***THE BEAR SEASON 3 SPOILER THREAD***

10,183 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MW03
EclipseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another Doug said:

That season was terrible… just awful. Acting was good I guess, just story is nonsensical, ten episodes of hey remember those two good episodes last season? Well watch us beat that dead horse until you are sick of it. Another thing every song choice is like 10-15 years too old for all the characters except Oliver Platt and JLC.

Speaking of JLC, holy **** that episode should've been called "guess what ****ers, JLC is old now, and we are going to zoom in with the macro lens so you don't forget it". I expect in season 4 she will be recast with the crypt keeper.

Also, I am surprised that restaurant at the end decided to close without checking with their most important employee ever, Richie, you know the guy that was there for 5 days and *****ed about it for the first 3.5 days. loved that the out of business party of a famous restaurant that probably had 50 employees, was attended by 1 or 2 staff members at a random girls apartment that is probably a 30 minute train ride away.

Lastly, stop trying to make haunt happen, it's not going to happen.
I love "The Bear" but I can't argue with your post at all. LOL
Rudyjax
AG
Quote:

Another thing every song choice is like 10-15 years too old for all the characters except Oliver Platt and JLC.

That's quite an odd criticism since typically the characters can't hear the music.

Maybe James with Laid in the last episode they were listening to it.

BadMoonRisin
AG
I thought the first 3 episodes were slow. Napkins should win an Emmy. It has grown on me a bit, but yeah not up to Season 1/2
Another Doug
AG
Rudyjax said:

Quote:

Another thing every song choice is like 10-15 years too old for all the characters except Oliver Platt and JLC.

That's quite an odd criticism since typically the characters can't hear the music.

It should match though on some level though . This just reeks of a 48 year old producer who wants them to use his old cd collection. I say this as a 48 year old man that had all those cds. It would be one thing if they were timeless retro classics. But REMs "Strange Currencies" is a D-tier REM song.
Rudyjax
AG
Another Doug said:

Rudyjax said:

Quote:

It should match though on some level though . This just reeks of a 48 year old producer who wants them to use his old cd collection. I say this as a 48 year old man that had all those cds. It would be one thing if they were timeless retro classics. But REMs "Strange Currencies" is a D-tier REM song.

Still an odd criticism how you framed it.
walton91
Oh man, wait until Doug hears about Hamilton
Another Doug
AG
walton91 said:

Oh man, wait until Doug hears about Hamilton

As long as the forefathers are all white, I am sure its fine.

*kidding its in my top 3 musicals, I've seen it 4 times.
MooreTrucker
AG
We just finished it, and y'all pretty much covered it. We didn't find it boring at all, though. In fact, the first two episodes stressed us out so much that we had to take a week off before watching the rest.

The Fak brothers remind me of Luis (Michael Pena) in the Antman movies.
walton91
I'm pretty much where everyone else is. I loved all the episodes, there were some standout episodes and moments, but the lack of an arc just left me wondering what we were doing in E3. It was almost like a sitcom experience, just watching a bunch of individual episodes.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I think its pretty obvious they filmed this season back-to-back with s4, so a lot of the payoff will be in next season.

Otherwise, while I agree it wasnt quite on par with s1/s2, it was still an incredible watch.
Phrasing
AG
Just finished and overall really enjoyed it. I am surprised somewhat at the negative comments. It's definitely not on par with Season 2, but I'm not sure what else is. That was probably in my Top 3 favorite seasons of TV of all time. And I agree with the previous poster that it seemed like this was setting up a banger of a 4th season. Loved the beauty of this season and getting to know certain characters better. Ice Chips was fantastic. Ep 1 was beautiful. And I really really enjoyed the last episode - getting the cameos from the chefs.

PS - I hope Richie and the chick from EVER get together in Season 4. They've been hinting at some chemistry there and I want him to be happy.
BadMoonRisin
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

I think its pretty obvious they filmed this season back-to-back with s4, so a lot of the payoff will be in next season.
There's still a debate to whether or not this actually happened.
Phrasing
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

There's still a debate to whether or not this actually happened.

I've heard yes, no and "we filmed some of them". Got all angles covered lol
RightWingConspirator
AG
Season 3 was a grinder, but have to say that I love seeing a show that gives the 'Mats their due.
StinkyPinky
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

Season 3 was a grinder, but have to say that I love seeing a show that gives the 'Mats their due.
Can't Hardly Wait and *******s. Was beyond stoked to hear them.
brillag
AG
I guess the short scenes/appearances make it all the more impactful, but I wish we could get another hour and a half of screen time with Bernthal. Love that guy.

Love the soundrack. Blah of a season. Hopefully they can finish with a bang.
MW03
AG
Was in Chicago for work this week and made my way over to Mr. Beef, which is apparently the inspiration for The Original Beef. First off, the food was amazing. I love an Italian beef sandwich, and mine dipped with hot peppers was incredible. Second, it was wild how similar the show got it. First is the family dinner from Ep 1. After that is my shot of their "dining room" and the sign. Highly recommend if you're in Chicago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.