*** Megalopolis ***

4,062 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
uujm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn, makes me wish I would have attended this year.
LMCane
Malibu said:

These kind of reviews make it seem like this is the kind of movie that was made for the internet era to be a meme worthy viral spectacle of epic failure. If marketed correctly, as a movie where the audience gets to wink and be in on the joke, this could be a spectacular cult classic and mint money.
please tell me you have seen the "Producers" which has been around for 40 years now

Malibu
Of course!
ElephantRider
AG
This move looks and sounds awful and I can't wait to see it. Common sentiment, it seems
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
A lot of those comments are hilarious, especially this one:

"Aubrey Plaza is unsurprisingly the only redeeming quality"

Out of that cast? She's the only one that this critic expected to deliver something worthwhile? Right.

I have no particular fondness for Coppola as a person, but it sort of feels like a generation of critics who saw Hearts of Darkness were primed up for their turn to complain about the old bloated egomaniac wasting everyone's time.

No one who's ever watched any of his interviews will feel bad about seeing Professor Coppola take a bellyflop into the pool, but I feel even more strongly that I have to give this movie a chance. I'll either enjoy the absurdity and surrealistic ScyFy aesthetic, or I'll laugh at him.

*also loved the comment about the prolonged shots of extras who have to be Coppola relatives.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CheeseSndwch
TCTTS said:

Well now I have to see it.
javajaws
AG
Looks like this is getting picked up by Lionsgate and will get a theatrical release in the US and Canada. If anything this will be...interesting.
ElephantRider
AG
javajaws said:

Looks like this is getting picked up by Lionsgate and will get a theatrical release in the US and Canada. If anything this will be...interesting.
I've never been this excited for a movie that I fully expect to hate. It just looks like such an epic failure.
MASAXET
AG
javajaws said:

Nice!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This is absolutely insane...

Aggie_Journalist
AG
It increasingly feels like this movie wasn't made for 40 years because nobody has thought it would be a good movie for 40 years
Thanks and gig'em
veryfuller
Staff
AG
On the one hand, this is inane.

On the other, I kind of hope it makes half a billion dollars to shock these studios out of whatever rut they are in, and bring back some of the old, classic, adult drama entertainment.

But...its probably not good and won't make even the marketing cost back.
elfurioso92
AG
I feel like I need to see this and will feel stupid for having done so.
TCTTS
AG
At this point I would be shocked if it makes more than $25M at the box office for its entire run, but who knows.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TCTTS said:

This is absolutely insane...

The last time FFC needed to raise money quick he ended up having to make GF3

Maybe we finally get GF4?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.