SO SAY WE ALL!

4,331 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by The Porkchop Express
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Incredible show. This was my first big Netflix DVD binge, if I recall correctly.
aggieactor01
AG
Is this something I could get a not-so-into-sci-fi wife to watch? I never saw this and have always wanted to. Just need to figure out if I even bother trying to get her to watch. She loved Firefly but that was more to do with Joss and that cast than anything.
G Martin 87
AG
aggieactor01 said:

Is this something I could get a not-so-into-sci-fi wife to watch? I never saw this and have always wanted to. Just need to figure out if I even bother trying to get her to watch. She loved Firefly but that was more to do with Joss and that cast than anything.
BSG has the same sort of character arcs and soapy storylines as Firefly and For All Mankind (which my wife, daughter-in-law, and youngest son's girlfriend universally liked.) BSG is just heavier on the military action.
Enzomatic
G Martin 87 said:

aggieactor01 said:

BSG has the same sort of character arcs and soapy storylines as Firefly and For All Mankind (which my wife, daughter-in-law, and youngest son's girlfriend universally liked.) BSG is just heavier on the military action.

Disagree on firefly. Lots more political arcs that I found to be boring. Firefly had none of that. In spite of that, I very much enjoyed BSG on the whole, and the political component, while getting old at times, did serve a purpose to the overall story.

IMO BSG was nothing like firefly.
G.I.Bro
Can I skip the old series and just watch the mini series followed by the one that started in 04?
The Porkchop Express
G.I.Bro said:

Can I skip the old series and just watch the mini series followed by the one that started in 04?
It's a travesty to skip the old series, but other than characters and a few musical homages, they have nothing to do with each other.
G.I.Bro
The Porkchop Express said:

G.I.Bro said:

It's a travesty to skip the old series, but other than characters and a few musical homages, they have nothing to do with each other.

Thanks for giving me your blessing
The Porkchop Express
aggieactor01 said:

Have her watch Buck Rogers with you and then convert it into the sechs

Gil Gerard for her, Erin Grey and 500 guest stars for you.

The Porkchop Express
G.I.Bro said:

G.I.Bro said:

Thanks for giving me your blessing, sir
G.I.Bro

G.I.Bro said:

G.I.Bro said:

Thanks for giving me your blessing, sir

o7
G.I.Bro
Is this whole show horny bladerunner?
YouBet
AG
Enzomatic said:

G Martin 87 said:

aggieactor01 said:

Disagree on firefly. Lots more political arcs that I found to be boring. Firefly had none of that. In spite of that, I very much enjoyed BSG on the whole, and the political component, while getting old at times, did serve a purpose to the overall story.

IMO BSG was nothing like firefly.

I agree. These two shows are nothing alike. BSG is so far beyond Firefly in complexity they aren't comparable. Plus, Firefly had some level of humor.

I loved both.
G.I.Bro
This show is silly and really dumb at times, but pretty entertaining. Idk what's hotter, a group of Grace Parks with nothing but shadows hiding the naughty bits, or Lucy Lawless using her normal accent.
The Porkchop Express
started watching it from the beginning this week again.

3 points of the miniseries that let you know this isn't your typical sci-fi show.

1) When Tigh shuts off a bunch of on-fire compartments that kills 40 people and Chief Tyrol goes to complain to Adama, Adama rips the **** out of him for questioning a superior officer, even though Tyrol is right.

2) After spending days bringing together a convoy of refugee ships, Laura Roslin realizes that the Cylons are inbound and 50% dont have FTL engines, so she leaves them there and doesn't even bother telling them why.

3) When Adama and Leoben the Cylon get trapped on the munitions base together and Adama figures out he's a Cyon, he picks Adama off the ground and is choking him out. The show makes you think someone - maybe Apollo - will come save thim at the last minute, but instead 57-year-old Edward Olmos gets free, and kills that toaster with a broken pipe.

Also, this is Edward James Olmos and his wife. He was born in 1947. She was born in 1978.

He hooked that up in 2002, when he was 55 and she was 24.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.