SO SAY WE ALL!

4,130 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My second-favorite drama of all-time has triumphantly returned to streaming, doing a FTL jump to Amazon Prime.

''

If you've never seen it and wonder if it's for you, this is all you need to inject into your veins.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Falcon74
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I bought this series recently when iTunes had the entire series for $20. It had been years since I watched any of it. The two-part series opener was some of the best TV I have ever watched. First season is solid. Have not progressed any further in my rewatch, but I seem to remember some WTF moments regarding the reappearance of Starbuck.

Oh, and this is how you change a known character's gender Hollywood. Write the character in such a way that audiences actually get to know the character; don't just slap some tits on Starbuck and say "look, girl!"
#FJB
hunter2012
AG
I've always wanted to watch this one, thanks for the heads up.
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

I've always wanted to watch this one, thanks for the heads up.
If you have an SO, make sure she knows it's a sci-fi show because there is a whole lot of a$$ on this show.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
hunter2012
AG
the fact that I stated "I've always wanted to see this one" should answer that question.
The Porkchop Express
hunter2012 said:

the fact that I stated "I've always wanted to see this one" should answer that question.
Roll call of hotties

Lucy Lawless throwing 100 MPH in the later seasons.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Don't forget the ladies!!
javajaws
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Don't forget the furries!!

Played by an actual furry!
Carlo4
AG
There must be some kind of way outta here.
FtWorthHorn
It is a little weird watching Callie now after her cult endeavors...
Carlo4
AG
What happened there? Haven't heard the story.
The Porkchop Express
Carlo4 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Clyne

I recommend reading like the first 3 sentences of her bio. If you read the whole thing you'll be reading about it all day.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Carlo4
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Carlo4 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicki_Clyne

I recommend reading like the first 3 sentences of her bio. If you read the whole thing you'll be reading about it all day.
OH SNAP! She married Allison Mack. Say no more.
The Porkchop Express
Yeah apparently Superman was missing the real villain in Smallville the whole time.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

hunter2012 said:

Roll call of hotties

A decade-plus removed since I finished this series, but I just have to say, straight up:

There is no stable of TV show baddies in ANY show that can go head-to-head with this group. Top-tier eye candy. Elite.
Ag Since 83
AG
I recently started rewatching this. There is nothing quite like reliving the insanity that is Gaius Baltar.
G Martin 87
AG
Felgercarb!
StinkyPinky
AG

hunter2012 said:

Roll call of hotties

Wow, they sure updated Twiki!
maroon barchetta
I remember reading all that Allison Mack stuff as it was happening. Crazy that people allowed themselves to get pulled in like that.

Kristen Kruek was in for a bit but somehow extricated herself from that mess and never got accused of any misdeeds.

And the Galactica hotties in the regular cast is a significant draw, but the Smallville guest stars made it a contender in its day.

Could be a poll there.
G.I.Bro
Oh, there's a pole here
The Porkchop Express
scifi/fantasy tv hotties is a rich subject field. it's also a fool's errand because you're going to forget some bull**** show that was on the WB for 10 seconds in 2003 and have everyone pissed.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
G Martin 87
AG

scifi/fantasy tv hotties is a rich subject field. it's also a fool's errand because you're going to forget some bull**** show that was on the WB for 10 seconds in 2003 and have everyone pissed.
Actually, a TexAgs poll is a great idea. Firefly would be one of the top seeds, IMO.
The Porkchop Express
G Martin 87 said:

Actually, a TexAgs poll is a great idea. Firefly would be one of the top seeds, IMO.
Knock yourself out, brother.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
StinkyPinky
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Firefly….Legend!
PatAg
AG
It would be really interesting to see this show get a 3rd life on streaming. I know a lot of people that never saw it until the early days of Netflix
maroon barchetta
I didn't see it until Netflix and it was when I was having DVD's mailed to my house at that.
G Martin 87
AG
In the scene early on in the mini series where Secretary Roslin is visiting her physician, you can see Serenity fly by through the office window.
The Porkchop Express
I could watch the New Caprica arc every week for the rest of my life.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
MSFC Aggie
AG
This is good to know. I've always wanted to start this series.
hunter2012
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

I recently started rewatching this. There is nothing quite like reliving the insanity that is Gaius Baltar.
As someone that's just a few episodes into season 2, this has been my favorite arc thus far. I can't decide if the hallucinations are his own mental breakdowns or if it's Cylon psychic projection of some sort.

Also why did Gaius never expose Boomer when he ran the first test on her in season 1? He did the right thing for his own safety letting her walk, but he should have then gone to the commander or XO immediately with it.
p_bubel
G Martin 87 said:

In the scene early on in the mini series where Secretary Roslin is visiting her physician, you can see Serenity fly by through the office window.
hunter2012
AG
Am I a bad person for agreeing more with the Pegasus than the Galactica's measures(obviously not all, like stranding civilians for spare parts)? If someone genocides my species then mutilates and rapes the survivors, I'd say the gloves should come off. Anthropomorphic robot enemies don't make them human. They obviously use the human forms to manipulate and for psychological warfare, so turnabout is not only fair play it's warranted. It's like how we bred dogs to have empathetic and endearing traits, they are still animals. Furthermore the fact that cylon infiltrators can respawn means that torture to the point of mental break is in fact a viable tactic as it could disrupt their programming.

Maybe I've seen too many gritty or cynical war movies, but I doubt the CIA or a fictional group like Section 31 would play by any rules or restraint when survival of the human race is at stake. For the record I'm on S2E13 if anyone wants to criticize my axe grinding(El presidente gets cured of her cancer via the hybrid fetus)
The Porkchop Express
Much like in the original series, where Lloyd Bridges was Commander Cain, and somehow had previously banged Casseopia, who was at least 30 years younger than him, the Pegasus is at least in the short term the more bad ass crew.

TCTTS
AG
I've only seen a couple episodes of Battlestar, but I did see Edward James Olmos in person at Vidiots on Sunday. A friend of mine had a mini-premiere for a Netflix animated movie he was involved with (Thelma the Unicorn), and as we were gathered in the hallway outside our smaller theater, waiting to go in, EJA and what looked to be a couple family members walked by. He was super short, but seemed super nice. He was there for an appearance in the bigger theater for The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez, a movie I'd never heard of until just then.

(Also, for any fans of The Ringer, I saw Sean Fennessey there as well. That sighting might have been even more crazy, because I had literally just been listening the Action Movie Scene Draft on the way there.)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.