*****The Boys - Season Four*****

21,935 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by lexofer
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

NASAg03 said:

I'm all caught up on this season, but I'm done with it. They have lost their creativity and fun and replaced it with a blatant woke agenda and rip-offs of other creative films. The Fight-Club storyline for Butcher jumped the shark for me, combined with rehashing Homelander's milk fetish and the constant injection of current politics into the show (Mike Pence copy). The last few episodes felt more like progressive commercials than a TV show.
  • All right-wingers are white, racist, Nazi, conspiracy theoriest with sexual fetishes (typically submissive)
  • All black characters are smart, patient, calculated and/or forgiving
  • Liberals in the show have few fatal flaws, and most are minor (drugs, abortion regret, mourning)

I watch TV to get away from politics or at least laugh at both sides. This is no longer fun, creative, or interesting. Just constant right-wing bashing with perverted scenes that serve no purpose.

In addition, the latest addition of characters and supes are weak and boring. And there seems to be zero character development that we saw the first few seasons. The writers are now vomiting up old storylines and flaws after killing off all the past good characters and supes.
A real person typed this
Yes Pat. a real person, just like you little buddy!

What is your point? Anyone not in lock step with your cultural and political perspectives is something less than a real person? Honestly, what is your profound statement implying?

Please explain by all means.

johncAG
AG
The AOC clone in this show is literally complicit with internment camps. The show has consistently painted all the pro Woke stuff as just corporate messaging to trick ppl into buying products, a huge missile aimed at liberals.
Moral High Horse
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
johncAG said:

The AOC clone in this show is literally complicit with internment camps. The show has consistently painted all the pro Woke stuff as just corporate messaging to trick ppl into buying products, a huge missile aimed at liberals.

I thought having Maeve's all gender inclusive bathroom at the Truthcon hotel was a great touch
Sea Speed
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

johncAG said:

I thought having Maeve's all gender inclusive bathroom at the Truthcon hotel was a great touch

All of the stuff on the cart at the theme park was top notch.
Logos Stick
I'm very late to this thread, but if you would be kind enough to answer my query I'd appreciate it.

I watched season 1. Outstanding!

Started watching season 2. Watched 2-3 episodes and stopped. Thought it was not good.

Does season 3 and 4 get better? Or even season 2? Worth giving another shot?
Decay
AG
I don't remember specific episodes but yes each season is excellent. I do think there's some slow spots but they make up for it in spades. Is season two ending where they have the congressional hearing? Without spoiling anything, it's a must see.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AggieLitigator
Logos Stick said:

I'm very late to this thread, but if you would be kind enough to answer my query I'd appreciate it.

Started watching season 2. Watched 2-3 episodes and stopped. Thought it was not good.

4 is awful. Every episode has been meh. But I loved seasons 1-3
FancyKetchup14
AG
Logos Stick said:

I guess it depends. If you're not easily triggered and can realize you're watching a satirical comic book show, you'll like it.

If your respective political leaning could be offended (they don't hold back with either side), quit while you're ahead.
PatAg
AG
Logos Stick said:

I would say if you lost interest in season 2, if anything it has probably gone further into what made you stop watching. Can always give season 2 try again and see if it clicks more this time.
C@LAg
Logos Stick said:

i quit mid S03 but do read the quick weekly summaries just to see what is still going on and see how much they are different from the comics.

But have read the comic books so I know roughly how it is likely to end.

I did watch GenV and mostly liked it, but am not interested in further seasons of it.
BassCowboy33
This show keeps delivering.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

Logos Stick said:

i quit mid S03 but do read the quick weekly summaries just to see what is still going on and see how much they are different from the comics.

But have read the comic books so I know roughly how it is likely to end.

I did watch GenV and mostly liked it, but am not interested in further seasons of it.
Its hard to see how they can handle that one actor dying IRL as well.
Carlo4
AG
Burrus86
AG
Season 2
C@LAg
Voughtctopus is my new fetish.
ExpressAg11
AG
MVP's of the season:
-The Deep
-Kimiko (who somehow loses every supe fight she's in)
-A-Train

Poor Hughie just never catches a break and Starlight is just the absolute worst.
Brock Sampson
AG
So basically Butcher is Venom.

Good way to end the season.
TheDraw
AG
Kimiko

concac
AG
ExpressAg11 said:

MVP's of the season:
-The Deep
-A-Train

Poor Hughie just never catches a break and Starlight is just the absolute worst.
But she showed her ass so it's okay.
Propane & Accessories
AG
concac said:

ExpressAg11 said:

MVP's of the season:
-The Deep
-A-Train

It wasn't her so original statement still stands
concac
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

concac said:

ExpressAg11 said:

MVP's of the season:
-The Deep
-A-Train

Yeah, she's a terrible actor.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Honestly the writing has been pretty bad most of the season, and I think the show is struggling with trying to creep Homelander's power in the other direction and make him weaker so some plot points can work.

Most of the season has been kind of meh but there have been great parts sprinkled in so it hasn't been completely bad. I'm just hoping the hype they've started with the end of this episode can be matched in the next season, but time is definitely going to eat away at that hype.

Great last episode though. Butcher is literally a monster now. Homelander gets to deal with daddy after he was called a *****. Annie now can fly at Omniman speeds. Kimiko got her voice back from a traumatic event after previously losing it in another traumatic event. MM's shirt made laugh the first frame it appeared. How more overt can you get?
ExpressAg11
AG
Yeah the getting mad at Hughie for what he did when he thought the Shape shifter was her…that was dumb. The dude can't win.
Mr.Bond
AG
Some confusion...... the octopus can blow the deep and sleep in his bed but the second the aquarium breaks it suffocates?

Yeah I know THAT'S the most unrealistic thing on this show
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

aTmLoKi
AG
The use of Heart-Shaped Box in that final sequence was brilliant!
Moral High Horse
hughie needs to ditch her FOR the shapeshifter. She seems fun.
ExpressAg11
AG
Yep he was happier in those 24 hours than he's been since season 1. I mean, 20 times? Good for Hughie.
Rule Number 32
AG
That last episode was awesome. That felt like a season 1 or 2 episode. It had the right amount of humor, the right amount of crazy, and moved the story forward. Huge fan and I hope they find a way to produce an entire last season of episodes just like it.

This season was entertaining but I felt like it got so bogged down in the middle trying to be way too overt with a message. They've always had a message but this season felt like they just dumbed it down and spent 3 episodes just hammering on it, and a couple episodes trying to cram as much sex in as possible without a real point. A little bit of control with both of those goes a long way.

That last episode gives me hope for next season. Can't wait....
ABattJudd
AG
I just feel bad for MM. He deserves better than getting taken down by the love muscle.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
AgTrip
concac said:

Propane & Accessories said:

concac said:

ExpressAg11 said:

MVP's of the season:
-The Deep
-A-Train

Yeah, she's a terrible actor.

She looks cross eyed to me sometimes. Something weird going on with her eyes.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Felt to me like nothing at all happened this season. Was a semi-fun ride but the story didn't progress in any way. Seems like we're right back at season 1: Homelander sucks and we're working on a way to kill him but haven't yet.

And LOL at the trigger warnings before the last couple episodes. "Any resemblance to current political events is purely coincidental." K.

It's still mindless entertainment for me and I'm in until the finish, but I expected SOME progression this season and am struggling to see it.
ExpressAg11
AG
Yeah the big thing all season was the "virus" and that turned out to be a nothing burger. The last 15 minutes of the finale moved the plot along more than the rest of the season it seems.
LB12Diamond
AG
To much Botox. Made her eyes stick cross eyed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.