*** THE MATRIX 5 ***

3,229 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by agdoc2001
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doing a Matrix prequel would be the only thing I'd go see. I didn't like the second one, and my dad and I go yelled at by a Neo-shipper for trying to remember the plot of the second one while sitting in the theater before the third one

If any franchise was ever made for prequels, this is it. Especially with how well they could write in the current state of AI adoption we're in right now, it could be really fantastic; like having people actively working on building the Matrix without realizing the AI is guiding them to do so.
GrayMatter
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

If any franchise was ever made for prequels, this is it. Especially with how well they could write in the current state of AI adoption we're in right now, it could be really fantastic; like having people actively working on building the Matrix without realizing the AI is guiding them to do so.
A movie about the development of the Matrix would be a movie I'd love to see.
Cromagnum
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

Can we get a John Wick 5 instead?

Only if it's about how he became Baba Yaga in the first place.
fig96
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

Can we get a John Wick 5 instead?
We kind of are, Ballerina next summer.
double aught
AG
BQRyno said:

I've watched Resurrections twice and can't remember what happens. Is that bad? And I'm one of the few who really enjoyed the entire original trilogy.
It took me three tries to get through it. All I remember about it is how terrible it was. One of the worst movies I've seen in years, worse than WW84.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

On the surface, yes.

That said, Goddard wouldn't be doing this if he didn't have a great idea, and it sounds like he brought the idea to WB, not the other way around.

If this was some generic director doing a job for hire, at the behest of Warner Bros simply wanting to keep the IP machine going, that would be one thing.

But Goddard is the real deal, and I've personally loved just about everything he's done. In addition to the movies I named above, he's also written for Alias, Lost, and Daredevil. He also wrote the first Cloverfield movie, which I still think is fantastic.

In other words, I'm trusting him on this until he gives me a reason not to.
That first Cloverfield was so good, especially the first half hour or so
fig96
AG
I feel like the build up to Cloverfield might have been better than the actual movie, I remember that being one of the first kind of cryptic marketing campaigns that really had everyone talking before the film came out. I did enjoy it though, need to give it a rewatch.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think Cloverfield is awesome.
Faustus
10 Cloverfield Lane was fun too. The space one was meh.
PatAg
AG
fig96 said:

I feel like the build up to Cloverfield might have been better than the actual movie, I remember that being one of the first kind of cryptic marketing campaigns that really had everyone talking before the film came out. I did enjoy it though, need to give it a rewatch.
While I do agree that it had cool promo, its funny that you made the statement that it was one of the first kind of cryptic marketing in a movie thread about The Matrix.
double aught
AG
whatisthematrix.com
The Porkchop Express
Can you see the alien landing in the water in the last scene of footage in Cloverfield or not? I haven't seen it on forever
TCTTS
AG
Yes.
BudFox7
Matrix 4 was so bad j can't even remember what it was about
fig96
AG
PatAg said:

fig96 said:

While I do agree that it had cool promo, its funny that you made the statement that it was one of the first kind of cryptic marketing in a movie thread about The Matrix.
lol very fair comment.

The Matrix was well ahead of its time in that respect, I feel like Cloverfield got more widespread attention in the build up though as The Matrix was more or less a total unknown. But it's been a while on both so hard to say
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg said:

fig96 said:

Blair Witch Project has entered the chat.
agdoc2001
AG
Ok, well at least the first time where the movie actually turned out good then.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.