George Lucas purchases back Lucasfilm; will remake the sequel trilogy

3,211 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by torrid
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Every line uttered by Jar Jar Binks sounds worse than that.

The Palpatine line is about so much more than the dialogue itself, though. It's about the laziest thing any major blockbuster has ever done, in my opinion.

It was such an obvious, desperate attempt to manufacture a final boss for the end of the trilogy which had at NO point built towards a showdown with Palpatine, whatsoever.

Plus, it takes away all significance from Vader destroying Palpatine in ROTJ. (In other words, the whole Skywalker saga was for nothing up to that point.)

It's the worst part about that movie, and there's a lot of terrible to choose from.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have to say, for me the most exciting part of TLJ on the first watch was seeing Snoke die, because I thought we were building to Kylo Ren becoming the big bad. I thought it was super cool that we essentially got to follow the villain's rise to power, much in the same way we got with Palpatine in the PT.

JJ destroyed any chance of a great finale with the decision to bring Palpatine back.

Nevermind doing it in the laziest way imaginable.
Zeke1995
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

CheeseSndwch said:

He should start with remaking the prequels.
Especially AOTC.
This guy's channel is a bit annoying, but he is a story editor (IIRC) and he storyboarded the prequels to make them better, about Obi-Wan's arc, and preserve the Annikan/Darth Vader reveal forThe Empire Strikes Back.

Episode I
WHAT IF "STAR WARS: EPISODE I" WAS GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
Episode II
WHAT IF STAR WARS EPISODE II WERE GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
Episode III
WHAT IF STAR WARS EPISODE III WERE GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
bangobango
AG
I really enjoy Rian Johnson's Knives Out franchise, but the Star Wars fan boy in me really hopes years from now, after a few more successful Knives Out movies, another director gets permission to make a movie using that IP and he decides he wants to take Johnson's baby and his franchise lead and "subvert" expectations.

Maybe we find out Benoit is actually a moron and some super genius teen girl was feeding him the solutions the entire time? Or Benoit is really a murderer who has been framing people all these years and along comes some punky girl who's never solved even a riddle in her entire life and she just completely makes Benoit look like an amateur in using brains and logic.
Ag_0112358132134
CheeseSndwch said:

A ****ing men
Mr. White
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obviously April Fools, but, let's discuss. Who all would be in favor of this? Would it get people back in theaters in numbers that TFA saw?

You son of a .....
The Porkchop Express
Zeke1995 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Especially AOTC.
This guy's channel is a bit annoying, but he is a story editor (IIRC) and he storyboarded the prequels to make them better, about Obi-Wan's arc, and preserve the Annikan/Darth Vader reveal forThe Empire Strikes Back.

Episode I
WHAT IF "STAR WARS: EPISODE I" WAS GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
Episode II
WHAT IF STAR WARS EPISODE II WERE GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
Episode III
WHAT IF STAR WARS EPISODE III WERE GOOD? (Belated Media) (youtube.com)
I probably wont watch them because my patience is basically zero, but with very long-range hindsight, I would have loved an Episode 1 where Anakin is 15-16 and Padme is 20. The movie si roughly the same except instead of the fluke with the TF ship, he does something truly amazing with the Force that the other Jedi have never even heard of. to win a battle or a war. Then they have to train him almost on default And he turns into the Jedi version of Johnny FOotball - bad behavior but he's so talented they keep looking the other way because he always wins.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For me it's such small, easy fixes for TPM to be great.

1. Cast the kid who was runner-up. (His audition tape is on youtube, he's about the same age but seems about 13, wise beyond his years, and you can sense more darkness beneath the surface than with Jake Lloyd.)

2. Change it so his destruction of the Trade Federation ship was purposeful, due to being able to fully tap into the force for the first time, just like Luke did. (Except he was able to do it on pure instinct.)

3. Sorry, Jar Jar. You gotta go.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
(Compare this to say, Rise of Skywalker. That movie is fundamentally broken from top to bottom, with some occasional cool moments scattered throughout.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And admittedly (though not really the movies' fault), TPM has an iconic, memorable score, and TROS...doesn't.

This holds it way back for me as well.

(In the same way that TFA's solid score elevated it for me.)
YouBet
AG
Is this a trick question? Why would Lucas remake something that hasn't been made?

There is no 7, 8, and 9.
torrid
AG
Honestly, is there anything he could do save the franchise after Disney ran it into the ground? And remember, he himself did the prequel trio films which are not universally loved.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.