*** ALIEN: ROMULUS ***

4,201 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Al Bula
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The buzz for this one is strong so far. It's only a quick tease, but I love the old school vibe mixed with modern VFX, which give the glimpses we get of the facehuggers a bit more menace/agility...

Quote:

The sci-fi/horror-thriller takes the phenomenally successful "Alien" franchise back to its roots: While scavenging the deep ends of a derelict space station, a group of young space colonizers come face to face with the most terrifying life form in the universe. The film stars Cailee Spaeny ("Priscilla"), David Jonsson ("Agatha Christie's Murder is Easy"), Archie Renaux ("Shadow and Bone"), Isabela Merced ("The Last of Us"), Spike Fearn ("Aftersun"), Aileen Wu. Fede Alvarez ("Evil Dead," "Don't Breathe") directs from a screenplay he wrote with frequent collaborator Rodo Sayagues ("Don't Breathe 2") based on characters created by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett. "Alien: Romulus" is produced by Ridley Scott ("Napoleon"), who directed the original "Alien" and produced and directed the series' entries "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant," Michael Pruss ("Boston Strangler"), and Walter Hill ("Alien"), with Fede Alvarez, Elizabeth Cantillon ("Charlie's Angels"), Brent O'Connor ("Bullet Train"), and Tom Moran ("Unstoppable") serving as executive producers.

Alien: Romulus
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18412256/
August 16, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

fig96
AG
Hard to say at this point, but I feel like this is the tone we've been missing for a while. I'm in.
wangus12
AG
Too many facehuggers. I'm out lol
Max Power
AG
That looks awesome. I really enjoyed his remake of Evil Dead and Don't Breathe was fun too. With him at the helm they're definitely playing up the horror aspect. One of the scariest parts in Aliens to me was when Ripley and Newt were trapped in the med-bay with two face huggers, they're taking that up a whole level with a swarm of them. Unless I'm misinterpreting something it looks like there's an android on the station, similar to Ash in Alien, where human life is considered expendable. I think I read somewhere that this movie takes place between the events of Alien and Aliens so that would make sense that there could still be androids out there more like Ash than Bishop. Really looking forward to this one.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS
AG
All great to know, thanks. Makes me even more excited.
zap
AG
"RUN"

Aggie_Journalist
AG
There was an Alien video game made a while back that was set between Alien 1 and 2 on a space station.

I wonder if this will be a loose adoption of that or take inspiration from it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Isolation
Thanks and gig'em
jeffk
AG
wangus12 said:

Too many facehuggers. I'm out lol

Seriously. I freaking hate those things.
MGS
Was she carrying an M41A?
wangus12
AG
Yeah I love the Aliens, but cannot stand the face huggers
bluefire579
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

There was an Alien video game made a while back that was set between Alien 1 and 2 on a space station.

I worked on a different Alien game that came out before this, and the entire time during development, was saying I wanted one just like it. Isolation did a fantastic job encapsulating the movies, much more than any one I've ever played.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
In before the "terrible CGI" contingent arrives.

I doubt there is a bigger fan of Alien than me here, so obviously this is one I will see opening day.
#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Played about 4 hours of this on my Switch, fantastic game.

Got distracted once Zelda came out, still have to get back to it. But a buddy of mine said it's supposed to tie in directly with that game. (Or at least the game is canon.)
Belton Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

In before the "terrible CGI" contingent arrives.

I doubt there is a bigger fan of Alien than me here, so obviously this is one I will see opening day.

You, me and Spilner should go see it and wear Prometheus tee shirts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There are dozens of us.
The Porkchop Express
Just once I want a tweet that says something like "RIdley Scott and James Cameron both saw an early cut of this movie and ****ING HATED IT."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Carpenter once said his favorite part of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake was the check he got.
Al Bula
AG
Oh what the hell, I'm in!
Sponge
AG
Gonna go out on a limb and say. It stinks!
The Porkchop Express
Sponge said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say. It stinks!

At least the trailer is securing the Asian Hentai fan base.

Max Power
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Never played the game but I had a lot of fun watching people on YouTube playing Alien: Isolation VR and being scared out of their minds.

Edit to say I rewatch Aliens every single year and it holds up so well. I rewatched it a couple of months back and it's great every single time. It's crazy to me that James Cameron made arguably the two best sequels of all time in Aliens and T2, which I still love as well. I still come back to that one fairly often but not as much as Aliens, it's gotta be my favorite sequel of all time. All the details added up together just make for an incredible experience. Some of the sounds are just burned into my memory, like the motion detector, that sound is just terrifying to me. I would love the chance to see Aliens remastered in a theater. It came out when I was 6 years old so I've never had the chance. I think T2 was the first R-rated movie I got to see in the theater, that was a lot of fun.
BurnetAggie99
Sea Speed
AG
Looks promising from that trailer
jokershady
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

dude! my thoughts exactly!!! just watched the trailer and there even a few quick scenes that felt like nods to the game....

don't want to spoil anything because a few faces we see in this trailer could be a certain main character from the game alien: isolation.....all i got to say is that if you're a big fan of the first two movies you NEED to play this game....

there were a few times i put my heart rate monitor on cause i wanted to see how high it actually got during the onslaught of tense moments in the game.....i think at one point it was 120 or even 130.....

added in to the fact that there's reports this takes place between the first and second film makes it even more likely its a game adaptation....bring this one on!!!
YouBet
AG
In. This is the kind of horror I can get into.
dreyOO
If we're talking prequel, then I'm guessing the all die.

In
lb sand
AG
No Sigourney, no care!

jokershady
AG
Rumors are it's taking place between Alien and Aliens….plus it doesn't need sigourney weaver….for more reasons than one…..
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

Rumors are it's taking place between Alien and Aliens….plus it doesn't need sigourney weaver….for more reasons than one…..

Primarily, she's old and it would be illogical.
MaroonStain
AG
Now I will sit all weekend trying to figure out the Romulus connection. Prometheus brought fire to man. Romulus and Remus settled Rome so that may be the connection.
ag88man
AG
So, not an Alien/Star Trek crossover. I'll still consider it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.