What Movie Exceeded Your Expectations the Most?

7,474 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by taxpreparer
EllisCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
St. Vincent with Bill Murray

The War with Kevin Costner

Both of these just saw the "star" actor and thought i give it a try.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Chipotlemonger
AG
rononeill said:

Warrior - heard it was good. Had no idea a movie about MMA would have be bawling 4 times on a flight. Now one of my all time favorites.
Good answer here. I had no expectations and didn't even want to watch it when I did, but damn it was good.
agdoc2001
AG
Forrest Gump (i know, i know) - everyone was so ridiculously over the moon about this movie and I was firmly in a "everything that's popular sucks" phase. I waited until it came out on video and then absolutely loved it.

Similar with Pulp Fiction. Watched it on vhs and when it ended I immediately rewound it and started it over.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pfo
AG
Silence of the lambs…. It was the first night it was out, I had nothing to do in a strange town and I knew nothing about it. It was over at 1 in the morning, my car was the only one left in the parking lot and I was scared as **** to walk out to my car and leave.
MosesHallDeadPot94
Man of Steel
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
pfo said:

Silence of the lambs…. It was the first night it was out, I had nothing to do in a strange town and I knew nothing about it. It was over at 1 in the morning, my car was the only one left in the parking lot and I was scared as **** to walk out to my car and leave.
Yikes
#FJB
taxpreparer
AG
I already said Rocky, but want to throw out three more. Two Costner movies, For the Love of the Game, and Draft Day. Finally, Captain Phelps; I expected it to be good. I did not expect to forget I was not watching a news broadcast during the rescue.
HtownAg92
AG
The Birdcage -- I didn't have much expectation about a movie about drag queens. Turned out to be one of my favorite comedies of all time.

My growing up "America, F Yeah" trio:

Red Dawn
Iron Eagle
Top Gun

Crushed all expectations because they all made me want to fight commies and/or terrorists walking out of the theater.
double aught
AG
taxpreparer said:

I did not expect to forget I was not watching a news broadcast during the rescue.
This is a mind bending sentence.
taxpreparer
AG
Hey! I worked hard at being obtuse. Ranks right up there with getting bit by a spider in the Amazon..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.