Turning Point: The Bomb and The Cold War

1,229 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by P.H. Dexippus
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Minor spoiler in OP (below) since this post is about a series that goes decades. It's a pretty good series without too much slant but lacking on some points.

Pretty good series but my goodness you can see Gates, himself in the series, avoiding eye contact and bowing down to Putin. Putin is directly confronting him and testing for weakness.

Gates even passes this off as Putin wanting to be aggressive and do more. Well, no ****, you let him walk all over you after he tested to see if you'd meet his direct aggression to you and CIA to FSB/KGB

I retract my previous statement. They try to say that since Obama was so mean to Putin and that he (Putin) had beef with the Clinton's then Trump got elected against America (without any evidence admitted in the show)
Apache
AG
Maybe Gates was remembering his Sun Tzu?

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
LMCane
trailer?

where is this being streamed?
barnacle bob
AG
LMCane said:

trailer?

where is this being streamed?

Netflix
1 Episode in, it's fascinating and very well done.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I waited an embarrassingly long time for the trailer to load in the Op. And then realized it was just white space....

Here's the trailer.

Burdizzo
AG
I am about 2-1/2 episodes in. The history component is fairly good, but I feel like some of the cause/effect may be a little slanted. I am no fan of the CIA, but I feel like they haven't missed any opportunities to take shots at them. That said they fail to make the connection that without the Leninists/ Stalinist tactics leading up to and during WWII, there would probably be no need for a CIA. Same with the always-popular smear of Joe McCarthy. One of the closing statements on him was that he never caught anyone. Maybe it is an issue of semantics. Maybe McCarthy never "caught" anyone, but it is ignorant to say he wasn't right. We DID (and probably still do) have a lot of Soviet/Russian plants inside the federal government.

And the swipe at Trump over Roy Cohn is just more Hollywood leftist paranoia.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The historic slant is bad and revisionist. The footage is good.
BudFox7
Watched it. Predictably turns into Ukraine propaganda.

They even still try to trumpet the Russian hoax bull****
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Rather that listening to Hiroshima apologists and being lectured by "red diaper babies", I find the ongoing What We Saw series by Bill Whittle much more interesting.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.