*** Top Gun 3 ***

9,528 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Porkchop Express
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decay said:

There's no clever way to make Top Gun and 3 to combine to make one tidy name. 3op Gun. Top Gun: Roost3r. Topper Gunnest the Third.

Top Gun 3: Aviator Boogaloo
MD1993
AG
They should make a Prequel on the story of Viper and Mavs Dad. Could be a sad one at the end.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MD1993 said:

They should make a Prequel on the story of Viper and Mavs Dad. Could be a sad one at the end.
This.
#FJB
Carlo4
AG
MD1993 said:

Prequel was done in Hot Shots.
The Porkchop Express
LGJ peaked in Jaws 3.

Stat Monitor Repairman
EMP and Skynet brick all electronics.

Mav leads resistance by forming a squadron of hot air balloons.
TCTTS
AG
agracer
AG
Maybe Maverick is the real "Ghost of Kiev" ????
jbanda
AG
Ok hear me out…

The news about Captain Forrester '69 got me thinking. What if they make this movie like Godfather 2? Spend half the time in Vietnam with Maverick's father. Maybe they start with naval aviators not doing great against migs and attending the one of the first top gun classes to rediscover dogfighting (mentioned in the first movie specifically). You could have young Jester and Viper in it too. He comes back and saves a bunch of people but goes missing in the process.

Call it "Top Gun: Duke" of "Top Gun: Phantom"
TCTTS
AG
Would love this.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Love me some Michael Ironside
TCTTS
AG
Would Butler have made a better Rooster than Teller? If anything, Butler certainly looks more like Goose's son…

Sea Speed
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Quad Dog said:

jeffk said:

He'll be fighting rogue AI pilots.
An aging Maverick and a team of young pilots having to prove that they are still relevant against the new generation of AI controlled fighter jets would actually work.
They made that movie 20 year ago.

Lol that the guy who got top billing is now a nobody. Idk if I have ever even heard of that dude. Other 2 are ultra famous
Sea Speed
AG
Rocagnante said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

v

Top Gun: UAP

Unidentified aerial pen1s?
Sea Speed
AG
Ok I hate to triple post, but no. Mile's teller was perfect. I dont care for Austin butler at all really for no real reason in particular
Aggie Therapist
AG
I've been a big fan of Teller since he was a very young actor. It's been great to watch him take on more challenging roles over the years.

Project X!

TCTTS
AG

ChipFTAC01
AG

OK, I'm going all in on potential plot ideas. One of them has to be what it will be.

• The bad guys from Maverick were able to get some of his DNA and have cloned their own copy of him, code-named Mitch Patel. Maverick now has to outfly a 25-year-old version of himself.
  • Maverick finds out he knocked Kelly McGillis up 40 years ago and he has a son he's never met, to be played by Dave Franco. Dave is an anti-war nut job who hates everything Mav stands for. Now the two have to take a road trip together to save Christmas.
  • Terrorists somehow implant a chip in Mav's brain and take control of him. Glen Powell and Miles Teller have to stop him, but can they shoot to kill the man who they knew for 6 weeks a few years ago?
  • When aliens attack the Earth, Maverick is unfrozen from deep storage by Generals Powell and Teller to help the US Space Force fight back.
  • After getting embarrassed by Maverick at the beginning of the last movie, General Ed Harris takes 100 people hostage on Alcatraz, and Maverick, Nic Cage, and a CGI Sean Connery have to re-take the island.

• Through a series of unlikely events and a rip-off of Tom Clancy, Maverick winds up as President of the United States, only to learn that you can't buzz the tower if you want to balance the budget.
  • Top Gun 3: The Search for Iceman's Gold - no explanation required
  • All of the sustained trauma from the last few weeks of Maverick put Pete in a full body cast, months of rehab, and psychological counseling. When he gets back to Top Gun, Glenn Powell has absolutely slid into Jennifer Connelly's DMs and she's upgraded to the newer model. Now Mav has to rekindle that spark of love while also learning how to walk again and getting in touch with the real Maverick in counseling.
  • It's 25 years in the future and Rooster is now denying his own son, Turkey (Pete Davidson) from entering the Navy. But when Grandpa Mav, now 83 but still a test pilot, shows up unexpectedly for Thanksgiving, hilarity ensues.
  • When a giant rupture or something appears at the bottom of the Marianas Trench, Tom Cruise is enlisted to pilot the first JAEGER by Charles Minor from Dunder Mifflin.
  • When a Megaladon surfaces off the coast of San Diego, Tom Cruise has to train on the first underwater F-18 to take it down.
  • A chance encounter reunites Maverick with Merlin (Tim Robbins) and when the two get locked in a cockpit for 13 hours, old passions reignite and the glass fogs up.
  • An HR glitch is discovered, and the Navy realizes Maverick should have been forced into retirement 29 years earlier. Now they're coming for his security clearance, his pension, and his dignity.
  • When Maverick Met Goose: Prequel with de-aged Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards getting into all sorts of hijinks, trying to get laid before graduation and irritating the hell out of their commanding officer, Mr. Strickland from Back to the Future.

I'd watch at least 8 of those movies.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mav ends up with recurring back pain from having too many ejections under his belt.

He gets hooked on opioids and starts mixing it with alcohol. Showing up at Jennifer Conneleys' bar in the daytime. Bad alcohol and drug problem the whole 9-yards.

Jennifer eventually kicks him out and he moves to some ****hole apartment in Tampa which promptly gets destroyed by a hurricane.

Mav got his 1985 Kawasaki 900R in a storage unit but the whole place burns down due to some downed electrical lines. Insurance totals it and gives him a couple grand. Mav buys a ticket to Singapore and flys there to go to rehab.

On the way over he gets seated next to a 19 y/o Australian girl on gap year. Gets wrapped up with her and his plan to go to rehab gets scrapped and he ends up in Chang Mai with this Australian girl goin hog ass wild and getting ****ed up everyday.

Next, DARPA sends goose's kid on special assignment to find Mav and bring him back to civilization.

Reason thay want mav is that Nuralink has been developed to the point where they can download Mav's brain and use the data to train AI in dogfighting and air combat.

They download Mav's brain and train the AI on it,

Now they got Mav testing out the AI and he goes up against the AI. Human v machine.

Rocky IV in the sky,

The AI goes rogue. HAL 9000 style. The AI hijacks a squadron of F35s and an AI piloted air tanker. The AI wreaks havoc causing a nationwide grid failure. Cahos wipes out 85% of the population.

Final scene is Mav being shuttled into a DUMB and a giant steel door closing, fallout style. .

Movie ends in empire strikes back style.

Last scene of the movie shows references to skynet and cyberdyne systems suggesting that the Top Gun universe and the Terminator universe have now merged.
Canyon Lake Agbu94
I don't believe this for one second. There is no mention of the shirtless pickle ball match at all. That is a very pivotal montage complete with the P diddy remake of "Playin with the boys"
Don't waste your days on dreams that don't fill you. Find out what you love and let it kill you.
Rudyjax
AG
Wow
DargelSkout
AG
Mav gets shot down and is now a POW. Our government denies it and won't rescue him. A pissed off Jason Gedrick steals a fighter jet and goes to save him while jamming out to an old cassette tape.
jokershady
AG
Canyon Lake Agbu94 said:

I don't believe this for one second. There is no mention of the shirtless pickle ball match at all. That is a very pivotal montage complete with the P diddy remake of "Playin with the boys"
shirtless pickle ball….holy crap I lost it!
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Penny dies

Watch your f'ing mouth.
The Porkchop Express
Should be the tale of Mav's friendship with Ted Stryker

... and what happened over Macho Grande.
ArmyAg2002
ArmyAg2002
AG
jbanda said:

Ok hear me out…

The news about Captain Forrester '69 got me thinking. What if they make this movie like Godfather 2? Spend half the time in Vietnam with Maverick's father. Maybe they start with naval aviators not doing great against migs and attending the one of the first top gun classes to rediscover dogfighting (mentioned in the first movie specifically). You could have young Jester and Viper in it too. He comes back and saves a bunch of people but goes missing in the process.

Call it "Top Gun: Duke" of "Top Gun: Phantom"

Mav's dad was killed 5 November 1965. Top Gun was established 3 March 1969.
The Porkchop Express
I just looked up Tom Skerritt and Michael Ironside on Wikipeida. Skerritt is SIXTEEN YEARS OLDER than Ironside. Skeritt is a crazy 90 years old, Ironside only 74.

I know I'm not the only person waiting for the V / Total Recall / Top Gun crossover with Ironside playing Jester, Richter, and Ham Tyler.
YouBet
AG

I just looked up Tom Skerritt and Michael Ironside on Wikipeida. Skerritt is SIXTEEN YEARS OLDER than Ironside. Skeritt is a crazy 90 years old, Ironside only 74.

I know I'm not the only person waiting for the V / Total Recall / Top Gun crossover with Ironside playing Jester, Richter, and Ham Tyler.

Tom Skeritt is 90?! That is mind blowing.
The Porkchop Express
YouBet said:

Tom Skeritt is 90?! That is mind blowing.
No kidding. Also Tom Skeritt's career seemed to nosedive after he hooked up with Drew Barrymore in Poison Ivy. He was in Contact and that was about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.