Rewatching: Breaking Bad

5,401 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Trajan88
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just, wow. What an incredible show. No matter how many times I watch it all the way through it just keeps getting better and better.

The acting, the writing, the cinematography, everything is just impeccable!
dave94
AG
From the get go. And then it hits a whole new level and keeps getting better!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IMO, the show entered all-timer status territory in the last two episodes of S3.
theeyetest
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IMO, the show entered all-timer status territory in the last two episodes of S3.

Just started season 3. That's season 2 finale was something else.
cr0wbar
AG
It does, in fact, pass the eye test.

Might do a rewatch during dead week before NYE
Texmid
AG
I love Breaking Bad and have watched it all the way through 3 times. One thing I never understood was why there were boobs in the first episode, but never again.
BCG Disciple
AG
Stive
AG
That's…..AMAZING.
aTmAg
AG
theeyetest said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just started season 3. That's season 2 finale was something else.
BTW, a little Season 2 finale trivia:

For fans who might think that a midair collision like that was too far fetched... There was a similar mid-air collision in real life in 1986. And the name of the real life air traffic controller involved was Walter White.

Though the writers have not commented on it as far as I can tell, it's generally accepted that Bryan Cranston's character's name was itself an Easter egg and a way for the writers to basically say, "don't doubt us".
Know Your Enemy
AG
Texmid said:

I love Breaking Bad and have watched it all the way through 3 times. One thing I never understood was why there were boobs in the first episode, but never again.

The real question is why were there boobs at all since it was airing on AMC and they can't show them anyway?
Wildmen06
AG
AMC being a cable channel can actually show as much nudity and have as much language as they want.

Any censoring is self regulated,
aTmAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Texmid said:

The real question is why were there boobs at all since it was airing on AMC and they can't show them anyway?
It got real awkward when I tried to get my parents into the show and that (and the handjob under the covers scene) happened. I don't remember either of those in the AMC version.
Stive
AG
I'm drawing a blank: who showed their boobs in season 1?
aTmAg
AG
Stive said:

The chick Jesse was banging in episode 1 when Hank took Walter on a drug bust. When he jumped out of the window, they showed her rack while she he was on the roof about to fall off.
Stive
AG
aTmAg said:

Stive said:

The chick Jesse was banging in episode 1 when Hank took Walter on a drug bust. When he jumped out of the window, they showed her rack while she he was on the roof about to fall off.

Oh yeah! Vaguely remember that now.

Thanks.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wildmen06 said:

AMC being a cable channel can actually show as much nudity and have as much language as they want.

Then why was it never shown uncensored on AMC? The boobs were not shown and all F bombs were edited out as well.
aTmAg
AG
Stive said:

aTmAg said:

Stive said:

Oh yeah! Vaguely remember that now.

Thanks.
The rack is well worth a rewatch.
PatAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Wildmen06 said:

Then why was it never shown uncensored on AMC? The boobs were not shown and all F bombs were edited out as well.

Any censoring is self regulated
Sea Speed
AG
Texmid said:

I swear this is a hook Hollywood uses to get men really paying attention. I swear so many movies have books in the first few minutes of run time which makes dudes pay attention hoping for more.
StinkyPinky
AG
I'm lat episode of season 3 of Better Call Saul and now thinking its time for a re-watch of Breaking Bad (only watched it all once, first time watching Better Call Saul). Can't believe I slept on BCS, its greatness (and may be sacrilege but might like it slightly better than BB…..sorry)
StinkyPinky
AG
Sea Speed said:

Texmid said:

I swear this is a hook Hollywood uses to get men really paying attention. I swear so many movies have books in the first few minutes of run time which makes dudes pay attention hoping for more.

Definitely a ploy on Marvelous Mrs Maisel. But damn I glad they did….
Sea Speed
AG
I must have missed this. Only recall sideboob on season 3 episode 1, which is exactly how far I am in to the show.
Fenrir
Sea Speed said:

I must have missed this. Only recall sideboob on season 3 episode 1, which is exactly how far I am in to the show.

How do you miss maisel flashing her tits on stage during her first drunk, spontaneous set?
Sea Speed
AG
I have absolutely no idea and was wondering what Susie was talking about when she brought it up again later in the show. Womp womp.
StinkyPinky
AG
Sea Speed said:

Pilot episode of season 1. Its when she is totally hammered and does her standup at the GasLight and *****ing about her husband and drops the top. She then gets arrested for indecent exposure.
Canyon Lake Agbu94
BCG Disciple said:

45 seconds of greatness.
Trajan88
AG
Just finished watching BB for the first time.

Haven't watched a series through to the end since the Sopranos ended years ago.

BB... is most impressive.

My favorite scene of the whole series... WW: "What's my name!?"
kyledr04
AG
I've only watched it once. Need to start over. I've forgotten alot.
Complete Idiot
Trajan88 said:

Just finished watching BB for the first time.

Haven't watched a series through to the end since the Sopranos ended years ago.

BB... is most impressive.

My favorite scene of the whole series... WW: "What's my name!?"
wow.

Welcome.
Ag_07
AG
Wonder if the boobs in Ep 1 were a result of it being a pilot and not sure what network it would be picked up on.

IIRC wasn't it originally written for a more premium cable network (maybe Showtime) that passed on it and AMC picked it up.

I also do recall a couple of F bombs that dropped later on throughout the series.
Trajan88
AG
Since this is a "rewatch" thread... can a question be asked about plot elements to get explanation/understanding (would entail spoilers for those that haven't seen all episodes)?
cas8019
AG
Bring the questions. Show has been over for 10 years now. Fire away!
Kiss my beans
Trajan88
AG
Why did White poison the kid, Brock with the plant berries?

And then allow Pinkman to believe it was the ricen? To temp distract Pinkman?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To make him believe Gus did it, and get him on his side.
cas8019
AG
Jesse believed that Walt had taken the ricin and given it to Brock to even the score with Jesse for leaving Walt and working for Gus. Walt, however, offers Jesse the impression that given the history of Gus with children, he must have done the poisoning.
Kiss my beans
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.