The Bear - Season 3

12,464 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Max Power
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK cool, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating efforts.

I need another watch. E1 was a snoozefest for me, but I was exhausted. Also, I may have to figure out how to get hulu ad-free because, especially with a show like this that are filmed with continuous shots, the ads ruin the experience.

And they made some targeted ads for different things that tie in the show with other **** -- and sorry if this is a spoiler (it's not) one of them is with ****ing minions for Despicable Me 4.

Interesting idea, but it's more annoying than anything else.
Phrasing
AG
Watched the first two episodes and loved it. So glad to be back.
BR 12
AG
Watched first two episodes last night. Ep 1 was beautiful, 2 had my wife and I rolling with Richard and Carmie's dialogue. Incredible start and it reminded me how I wish the episodes were longer.
Southlake
Fastest show on Earth. Always seems like it's only 10 minutes long!
TCTTS
AG
Hudson2508
AG
Episode 1 was incredible. The Reznor score was perfect. This show attracts so much talent it's incredible.
Saxsoon
AG
Episode 3 might be on the biggest anxiety inducing episodes of TV I have ever watched.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
AJ02
AG
More so than Fishes from season 2? (I haven't started season 3 yet)
walton91
Don't think anything can top Fishes, but Fishes did have some quiet or funny moments mixed in the rising tension. Ep3 Carmy decided to dial everyone's stress up to 11, then it played out at that level for most of the episode, night after night after night
BR 12
AG
It definitely had fishes vibes, so so stressful the whole time. I was just waiting for catastrophe the whole time.
InternetFan02
AG
Welp got through episode 1 and I'm wrecked. ****ing beautiful. I'm afraid to keep watching because I want to hang on to this moment.

Found the nine inch nails song

Max Power
AG
Episode 1 was hypnotic. The visuals, the sound, the rhythm, everything about it was perfect. Maybe it's the fact there was a Reznor score running through it's entirety, but I couldn't piece it together before, this show is basically The Social Network and I mean that as the highest possible compliment. It looks and sounds just like TSN, this TV show is an episodic film. It looks better, sounds better, and has more care than most movies today. Juxtaposed with episode three, which is pure anxiety, it's hard to believe this show can hit both ends of the spectrum. It there's something better than this out there right now I don't know what it is, I'm just glad this is here.
Capstone
AG
Disney+ bundle package w/out commercials is the way to go for Hulu. Only a few extra dollars a month. I will say that's the only streaming service I pay not to have commercials.

Episode 1 was fantastic.

I'm up to 4 now and have no idea how anyone can maintain even the slightest bit of their sanity working in that environment, day after day. Limp Bizkit and I would be breaking something.
PatAg
AG
Interested to see everyone's thoughts as they finish, I already have mine but don't want to influence too much.
Hudson2508
AG
I found this one nowhere near as stressful as Fishes. Fishes was on another level of stress and horror.
Hey Nav
AG
From Eater Chicago.

The Definitive Guide to Restaurants Featured in 'The Bear'.

For the hard core The Bear fans.

https://chicago.eater.com/maps/the-bear-fx-hulu-tv-chicago-guide-to-restaurants-film-locations
StinkyPinky
AG
Saxsoon said:

Episode 3 might be on the biggest anxiety inducing episodes of TV I have ever watched.
Worse than season 2 Fishes???
InternetFan02
AG
TCTTS said:

The season four announcement also came with the news that they were filming seasons three and four "back-to-back," but so far that doesn't seem to be the case? A number of pundits assumed that because the cast is getting too popular, and is thus becoming too busy/hard to lock down each year, that the "back-to-back" news probably meant that season four would be the end of the show. Which would make sense, and if so, my guess is that the final arc of the original three-season plan at some point in the writers room was expanded into two final seasons instead of one.

That said, I still don't understand the timing of it, if only because Ebon Moss-Bachrach is supposed to start shooting The Fantastic Four next month, while Jeremy Allen White will be busy shooting the Bruce Springsteen biopic in the fall, and Ayo Edebiri has a new movie about to start shooting as well. So maybe they're just sticking with the usual schedule and shooting season four in February/March/April 2025?
Andy on the watch made a great point that they wouldn't have done a flashback/how did we get here type episode in the series premiere if they weren't already renewed for season 4 which supports the theory that they are spreading out the original series plan to 4 seasons. I'll probably need a week or so to finish season 3 to see how it ends as like a series finale or setting up season 4. Trying to watch 1 episode at a time and soak it in.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I don't understand the comments on Episode 3. That's just the normal restaurant world. Its nowhere near as stressfull as Fishes from last season.
TCTTS
AG
I'm just over halfway through episode three and was literally thinking the same thing. It's just… a normal episode of The Bear. Which means it's still damn good/stressful, but nothing too out of the ordinary so far.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Capstone said:

Disney+ bundle package w/out commercials is the way to go for Hulu. Only a few extra dollars a month. I will say that's the only streaming service I pay not to have commercials.

Episode 1 was fantastic.

I'm up to 4 now and have no idea how anyone can maintain even the slightest bit of their sanity working in that environment, day after day. Limp Bizkit and I would be breaking something.

I just removed espn+ since baseball is over and upgraded to disney+ and hulu ad free...and....I still get ads for some reason.

Disappointing.
BowSowy
AG
Same here. For whatever reason, it seems like D+ waits until your next billing cycle to change your plan, rather than changing it instantly and charging you the difference.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Oh it definitely charged me the difference immediately...just no change in the account.

Nothing like getting an AIDs med ad, tinder ad, and a bear-minions tie in ad disrupting a scene where the sommelier in this high end restaurant struggles to open a bottle of wine.

And then cuts to a completely different scene, with no explanation.

Thinking the ads might not be the thing that makes this show less watchable
Max Power
AG
My wife recently started watching The Bear and I really forgot how much comedy there was in the first season compared to later on in the show. As I hadn't rewatched any of the episodes yet it was surprising how much different the show feels today than when it began. The tone definitely shifted and that's one thing I think made the third season fall flatter than the others, while I still enjoyed it. Seeing those first season episodes again makes me hope they kind find a way to get some of that energy back next season because it's definitely lacking at the moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.