The Bear - Season 3

12,486 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Max Power
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LFG
MAROON
AG
I know they won't do it, but could you imagine another Christmas episode? Probably would be too disappointing because no way they could ever top last Christmas. But Christmas happens every year......
jh0400
AG
TCTTS said:

Sidebar that is tangentially related on several fronts:

He and his girlfriend were seated across from us during the first course when I took my wife to Alinea last month. Really nice guy.
TCTTS
AG
LFG.

The Bear
Season 3 (10 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14452776/
June 27, 2024
FX on Hulu / Disney+

Max Power
AG
I know this show is good because it gives me anxiety, but I still come back for more. So much goes wrong, and so many people are yelling at each other constantly, but I can't turn it off. It's one thing when a show checks all your boxes and you enjoy it. It's another altogether when there's so much you don't want but it's done so well that you can't help yourself.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Going to try and resist watching any trailers and go in as blind as possible. This is one of my favorite shows ever and I really hope they can keep the momentum.
TCTTS
AG
Full trailer...

The Bear
Season 3 (10 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14452776/
June 27, 2024
FX on Hulu / Disney+

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
My wife and I have been doing a rewatch of season 1 and eventually season 2 so we are ready for season 3 and I just forgot how dang good this show is.

Everything, the chaos, emotion, character-growth, the performances, the MUSIC, cinematography, the long shots -- everything about it is so good.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Finished rewatch of seasons 1 and 2 last night, can't wait for season 3 to drop.
TCTTS
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Working my way through season 2 rewatch and just finished Forks..again. Never in my life have I wanted a relationship to be redeemed like I do with Richie and Tiff. LFG
InternetFan02
AG
Question - we know it was renewed for season 4 as they were filming season 3 in March. We know that previously the showrunners always pitched it as a 3 season arc and never knew if it would be renewed for season 2,3. We know they work quickly and efficiently.

So do we think the original 3 season arc is now spread out to encompass seasons 3-4 or do we think it still "ends" with season 3 and moves on to new frontiers in season 4 and beyond?
TCTTS
AG
The season four announcement also came with the news that they were filming seasons three and four "back-to-back," but so far that doesn't seem to be the case? A number of pundits assumed that because the cast is getting too popular, and is thus becoming too busy/hard to lock down each year, that the "back-to-back" news probably meant that season four would be the end of the show. Which would make sense, and if so, my guess is that the final arc of the original three-season plan at some point in the writers room was expanded into two final seasons instead of one.

That said, I still don't understand the timing of it, if only because Ebon Moss-Bachrach is supposed to start shooting The Fantastic Four next month, while Jeremy Allen White will be busy shooting the Bruce Springsteen biopic in the fall, and Ayo Edebiri has a new movie about to start shooting as well. So maybe they're just sticking with the usual schedule and shooting season four in February/March/April 2025?
walton91
InternetFan02 said:

Working my way through season 2 rewatch and just finished Forks..again. Never in my life have I wanted a relationship to be redeemed like I do with Richie and Tiff. LFG

Rewatched the series 3 times but I've probably watched Forks about 10 times. Love every minute of that episode
Lathspell
AG
Jesus... I think watching that episode that many times would give me permanent anxiety issues, lol.
walton91
You must be thinking of Fishes. Forks makes me happy. Fishes, while awesome as well, makes me take up smoking
BadMoonRisin
AG
HANDS!
Lathspell
AG
walton91 said:

You must be thinking of Fishes. Forks makes me happy. Fishes, while awesome as well, makes me take up smoking
Bah, that's right. Forks is a fantastic episode and is by far the least stress inducing. I saw the "F" and immediately thought Fishes. That's how much that episode affected me, lol.
bonfarr
AG
I started this show but had to stop because of the drama. The show is so tiresome, everything is a dramatic event. No one takes a dump without everyone arguing and cursing each other out about it. Why does every single episode have to be like that?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
aTm_bomb
AG
Screw it

Get the hell out.gif
TCTTS
AG
I don't think I've ever seen someone complain that a drama had *checks notes* too much drama.
bonfarr
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't think I've ever seen someone complain that a drama had *checks notes* too much drama.

There is no let up to the drama, it seems like every single scene has to be some kind of incredibly emotional dramatic event. To me it makes it exausting to watch. Mic in some more lighthearted scenes and comedy and I would enjoy the show.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Lathspell
AG
I definitely see where you're coming from here. I think I was feeling very similar thoughts during the first season. I think the biggest issue was that it felt like all of the characters were just antagonistic to the progression of the story, and nothing really changed the entire season.

However, with Season 2, things really start changing. All of these characters begin to shift and understand the possibilities of the restaurant. There is still a lot of chaos, but the characters all start to grow and we get slow, lengthy episodes with each side character. These episodes culminate, imo, with Forks. Because of the 2.5 seasons before this episode, it really hits so well.

Perhaps try not binging it. If you binge all 10 episodes, you are watching 5 straight hours of chaos, and that can be grating.

Watch one a week and you will eventually really start to enjoy it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bonfarr said:

I started this show but had to stop because of the drama. The show is so tiresome, everything is a dramatic event. No one takes a dump without everyone arguing and cursing each other out about it. Why does every single episode have to be like that?

Not to dogpile on here, but that is a lot of the food service industry. A group of collective aholes thinking what they are doing is the most important task to the operation, or just generally not giving a **** either way.
TCTTS
AG
With the show coming back in just a few hours, and all ten episodes dropping at once, I don't know how we want to handle spoilers. Outside of general reactions, I think in the past we used spoiler tags for at least a week or two? Either way, we should probably establish a protocol, just so people know whether they can click in this thread or not after tonight...
UnderoosAg
AG
Leave this the non spoiler thread. Start new one with official quantity of asterisks and add spoiler
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, seeing as how someone could binge it all if they wanted I think a spoiler thread is called for.
TCTTS
AG
Works for me.

So this is a...

*** NO SPOILER THREAD ***

... from here on out, not even behind spoiler tags.

*** GENERAL REACTIONS ONLY ***

Personally, I probably won't be able to dive in until this weekend, so I'll let whoever else start the spoiler thread, when and if someone is inclined.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Did I miss the spoiler thread? I didn't see it
Sazerac
AG
For some reason this show has been the most memorable over the past few years. Visuals. Pacing. Quiet. Frantic. Dialogue. No dialogue. I don't even know. Just love it. Glad we are getting more.
walton91
Absolutely loved episode 1. That had to be the shortest table read in the history of Hollywood. Probably 15 lines of dialog in the whole episode.
TCTTS
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Did I miss the spoiler thread? I didn't see it

Sorry, I meant that someone else can create one whenever they're ready, since I personally won't be starting the season until this weekend. I'm also not 100% know what the rules should be. Are all ten episodes fair game?
TCTTS
AG
I've already seen multiple Twitter reactions saying the first episode is one of the best episodes of TV ever.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.