NEW blink album

6,652 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Aggie Therapist
Woodan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CoolaidWade said:

Three songs on new album and all three are shared lyrics so far.

I don't care. Blink is back!
Frok
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

They are headlining for the When We We're Young festival this year there. All of those pop punk bands.

I know almost all of these bands but not sure I can handle that much poppy punk in one sitting. I felt similar when I went to the Warp Tour. I like those bands but in small doses.
Brock Sampson
AG
New Blink and new Yellowcard all in the same year. Will have to give the new Blink a listen soon.

The new Yellowcard EP is pretty good.
Woodan99
Oh man!! New yellow card?!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There's a place off ocean avenue, where I used to avoid needles and dodge homeless poop
Woodan99
haha

There is even pierce the vail and dashboard confessional colab on the EP!
Brock Sampson
AG
It's honestly pretty solid. The single Childhood Eyes is probably the weaker of the 5 songs. Hiding in the light is one of the best songs they've put out in years.
wangus12
AG
Woodan99 said:

Oh man!! New yellow card?!
Saw them in Dallas back in July also. Pretty solid show for their 20th anniversary of Ocean Avenue. They only played 1 new song because that album wasn't out yet.
Woodan99
If you haven't found this guy's YouTube channel yet, you can thank me later! You are all about to go down a rabbit hole.

If Old Blink 182 Wrote "One More Time" (A Blink Eras Montage)

If Blink-182 Wrote 'Don't Stop Believin'

Johnsy3
AG
Alex Melton is awesome
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Thought One More Time was an intentional mashup of/shout out to some of their various solo efforts and side projects throughout their careers. Lots of Angels & Airwaves, Boxcar, and +44 elements in there. Haven't seen if they've talked about it anywhere yet but my takeaway is it was intentionally ironic highlighting all the things they have been through that have gotten them to where they are and back together again.

More Than You Know on the other hand was vintage Blink.

To me it was like ok now that we have got that off our chest we now return to your regularly scheduled programming

BassCowboy33
DallasTeleAg said:

I will always be excited for a true Blink album. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is the first album I ever purchased, back in 2001 as a high school freshman.

In my head, there is no Blink album without Tom, and I was kind of pissed they even kept the name when he stepped away.
"Step away" is a strong term. He basically got kicked out. His "I don't want to be part of a band I don't control" comments always seemed the antithesis of how Blink operated.

Edit to add that Tom seems to address his behavior in the song, which is always a good step to change.
BassCowboy33
DallasTeleAg said:

Woodan99 said:

Yeah, I did not enjoy the skiba era. Great musicians but did not fit in well.

I love Tom's voice to much and his inflections. Also why I'm a big AA fan

If he sounded like he does on The Mark Tom and Travis Show, then I would agree with you.
That's been my biggest complaint as well. I'm not sure the band has ever addressed it, but Tom's voice change really killed the yin-yang vibe that Mark's deeper, chocolate tones had with Tom's high shriek. Would also like to see them get away from that electronica sound and back to more of a pop-punk-from-the-amplifiers sound they had through TOYPAJ.

So glad to see they're getting along again.
Woodan99
Definitely,

Plane crash with Travis and Mark going through cancer

I can't believe that plane crash killed four people, including the pilot
bigcat22
AG
Another new video dropped today.

Woodan99
Holy Hell

3/3 on bangers off the new album
BassCowboy33
bigcat22 said:

Another new video dropped today.

Nice. Sounds like something from Dude Ranch. The fast pace and 90s era Tom shriek are always welcome. Less of the emo sound here.
Woodan99

Looks like SUM 41 is jumping in the nostalgia bandwagon right now!
CoolaidWade
AG
New song is a absolute banger. I love it!
BassCowboy33
Woodan99 said:

Dang, this is good.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Woodan99 said:

dance with me is good.
NukeAg10
AG
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is awesome and very old school blink.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is awesome and very old school blink.

Just wanted to fix your embed.

Song is great. Happy they did a part three, and you can tell they just told Travis to go nuts on it.
WGann3
AG
Just found this thread... Half way through the album and the first half of the album has all of the songs already released but I'm loving it. I was a massive blink fan in middle school and high school in the late 90s and early 2000s. My musical tastes have gotten way heavier since then but I'll always have a special place for blink. I loved the one Box Car Racer album we got and I immediately got Box Car vibes from the song below. Turns out it is a Box Car Racer song Tom and Travis wrote and never recorded. Man this took me back.

NukeAg10
AG
This album is clearly a comeback album. They ****ing killed it, and brought back everything good about Blink. They did everything good they've ever done.
CoolaidWade
AG
Listening in a Vegas Hotel waiting to see them live tomorrow. First impression is this is a strong album. And Anthem part 3 was such a good opening track. Really sets the tone.

Loving it!
NukeAg10
AG
Jealous.
BassCowboy33
Blink Wave and Anthem Part III are bangers of the new releases.

I think Fell in Love and Blink Wave are the best on the album. Will update as I get through it a few more times.
WGann3
AG
Anthem Part 3 was just about a perfect next anthem installment.
NukeAg10
AG
Fell in love is perfect.
wangus12
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Woodan99 said:

Dang, this is good.
Makes me sad since they announced they are retiring at the end of their current tour.
WGann3
AG
Just finished my first full playthrough and am blown away by how good this is and how blink this record is. I couldn't shake the feeling that this had some cash grab to it, but I started to shake that feeling as more songs were released before today. This record gave me some serious feels and has some absolute bangers. I'd have a really hard time ranking my favorite 5 songs, hell even a top 10. I don't know that there's a single song that's going to be a skip on my next few playthroughs.... BUT I'm going to do my one playthrough Top 5 anyways!

1) Terrified
2) More Than You Know (Travis using double bass is a wicked combo I never thought I'd hear)
3) Anthem Part 3
4) Blink Wave
5) Other Side

Honorable Mention would be Childhood right now, had trouble deciding between that and Other Side. This probably changes after my next playthrough.
CoolaidWade
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Jealous.

I can't even begin to convey how pumped I am. To the best of my ability this is my game plan for Saturday.

Lathspell
AG
Damn... that's quite the lineup...

New music this month from Blink, Green Day, and Sum 41? Am I backing high school!?!?
PatAg
AG
I'm liking Childhood
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.