Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman dead

5,235 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by txagman1998
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He was so awesome in Nice Dreams. "Bruce Springsteen is ****ing up the future of rock and roll…"
SanAntoneAg
AG
water turkey said:

He was so awesome in Nice Dreams. "Bruce Springsteen is ****ing up the future of Rick and roll…"
I just came here to post that. "I'm sorry I took the money..."
Gig 'em! '90
water turkey
water turkey
torrid
AG
Yellerjacket said:

Let's be honest. He will be missed by those closest to him, but not by any of us. If they never announced it, it would have taken us decades to realize he was gone.
I guess I don't really understand your take. It's fine if you didn't like him or some of he things he did. However, this thread clearly shows there are people who found him funny and will miss him.
maroon barchetta
Big Adventure was hilarious when it came out and quoted a lot. There were even end zone dances by Aggies players after touchdowns that mimicked Pee Wee dancing to "Tequila"
vmiaptetr
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

He was also good as Derek Foreal in one of my favorite movies, "Blow". RIP.

This.
double aught
AG
I had a sleepover party for my birthday as a kid. I remember getting up Saturday morning with all my friends and turning on the tv for cartoons. What we found instead was Pee Wee's Playhouse. None of us had seen it before, but we were all immediately and completely enthralled. The show was a big part of our childhood from that point on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yellerjacket said:

Let's be honest. He will be missed by those closest to him, but not by any of us. If they never announced it, it would have taken us decades to realize he was gone.

Not really a Pee Wee fan, but who are you to speak for everyone else? Weird post.
Aggie87
AG
Yellerjacket said:

maroon barchetta
Full stage show.

I wonder if that crowd had any idea what they were getting into.

Raptor
AG

My favorite scene.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yellerjacket said:

Not really a Pee Wee fan, but who are you to speak for everyone else? Weird post.

He has to let everyone know how cool and edgy his opinion is man. Cut him some slack.
Urban Ag
AG
I don't think I have had a single thought about Pee Wee / Paul in 2-3 decades. But I bet I watched that movie 50 times as a kid. It was legit hilarious.

As kids we did Pee Wee line quotes the same way my wife and I do Anchorman as adults.

As a kid in the 80's with only two phone lines in the house "I'm trying to use the phone" in Pee Wee voice always got a laugh.

Also, "I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel" was dropped on girls daily from 85 to the 90's. It was classic.

LMCane
jeffk said:

Didn't realize his dad was one of the original IAF pilots.

that's a pretty amazing family

I have only ever heard good things about Paul that he treated everyone really well

baruch dayan emet
LMCane
wow so I never realized the connection because when I watched the documentaries about the early IAF and the American volunteers it was "Rubenfeld" and then PeeWee went by Reubens...

Here is his dad in the cr@ppy Nazi Messerschmitt 199 they got from Czech Republic in 1948

Vince Blake
RIP Pee Wee.

Big Top Pee-wee includes one of my 80s childhood actress crushes Valeria Golino.
maroon barchetta
Back when it was about to be released, Big Top was said to have the longest on-screen kiss in history. Then I think they cut part of it.

Very strange claim for a Pee Wee movie.
aggrad02
AG
LMCane said:

jeffk said:

Didn't realize his dad was one of the original IAF pilots.

that's a pretty amazing family

I have only ever heard good things about Paul that he treated everyone really well

baruch dayan emet

Met him back in 2021, he was very gracious and nice. His passing is very sad.

Being an 80's kid there was something magical about meeting "Pee-Wee".
jetch17
AG
maroon barchetta
The real Pee Wee and Dottie.

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
The scene where he's rescuing the snakes from the pet shop that's on fire still cracks me up at 50 years old.
maroon barchetta
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

The scene where he's rescuing the snakes from the pet shop that's on fire still cracks me up at 50 years old.

A gal working at Whole Paycheck on Kirby had a tattoo similar to this but hers was better.

It stopped me in my tracks when I saw it in all it's glorious-ness.

maroon barchetta
BTW, if you Google "Pee Wee Herman tattoo" you get a lot of really weird images.
CheeseSndwch

Hats Off Entertainment did a great tribute video and hopefully they take a deeper dive into Paul Reubens's career in the coming months.
62strat
AG
Ruebens biopic (or even one focused on PeeWee) will be a bit hit.

I give it just a few years.
Iowaggie
AG
maroon barchetta said:

The real Pee Wee and Dottie.

Seeing that suit reminds me of ONE of Pee Wee's appearances in the WWE with his "cousin" where he did a lot of the classic Pee Wee lines:

62strat
AG
A story about his dad.

Then what Paul does at 2:32 is the kinda stuff he does that makes me crack up. (you have to listen to the whole story for context)
txagman1998
AG
8 minute clip from Conan's podcast. Some nice sentiments from Conan as evidentiary he was a close friend and I think Conan took his passing pretty hard.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.