Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,512 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
Rocag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your description of mainstream liberals is so cartoonishly inaccurate I'm having trouble deciding whether you actually believe it or are you just trying to be provocative. Do you also think we sit around twirling our mustaches and cackling evilly?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I haven't seen the movie yet. I have family who have seen it who have told me that I should absolutely see it. Problem is, I go to movies to be entertained. I already know, based on the topic, I'm not going to find anything remotely entertaining about this movie. It can certainly be an informative movie. Will I see it? Quite likely, but not sure that I'll get to a theater to see it.

As for judging a movie prior to seeing it, this happens all the time on this site by just about any posters discussing upcoming movies. We'll get a snippet of first footage from an anticipated movie, and literally we'll have pages of threads discussing the movie - what posters like about what they saw, what they didn't like, or even just making **** up. All of that is fine.

Regarding First Man, that turned out to be a good movie, but I didn't care for that Gosling answer referenced a few posts ago. Was Neil Armstrong not an American? I mean, he was. So therefore it was an AMERICAN achievement before anything else. Yes, there were American flags sprinkled throughout the movie - one homes, on uniforms, etc - but how freaking hard is it to acknowledge a seminal moment in AMERICAN history (which of course is a part of human history) to re-enact the actual flag planting?
aTmAg
AG
Rocag said:

Your description of mainstream liberals is so cartoonishly inaccurate I'm having trouble deciding whether you actually believe it or are you just trying to be proactive. Do you also think we sit around twirling our mustaches and cackling evilly?
Do you support trans procedures on minors and abortion on demand for any reason up until birth?
Sapper Redux
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This thread: literally 29 pages of people trying to "gotcha" each other. How are you guys not bored yet?
It never gets old watching people attempt to defend sex traffickers.
Who in this thread is defending sex traffickers?
Funny how you had to specify "in this thread".

Goes to show how pathetic liberals in this country are.
You're so lucky to be a conservative because as everyone knows it's just impossible to find a conservative with controversial views that are considered reprehensible to even their fellow conservatives. Alas, it's a problem we liberals alone have to deal with.
It is very difficult actually. Every conservative person I know is a normal decent family person who is loving and tolerant towards others. The modern left is the side that is completely out of control. The fringe has now become mainstream. Look at what your side is pushing for in many states...abortion with no restrictions...chemical castration and breast removal for un-consenting minors. Are there small pockets of extreme tiki torch weirdos on the right? Sure. But there are many doctors and politicians and tens of millions of liberals advocating for removing breasts of 13 year old girls etc. Could go on and on with the crazy sh** the left openly embraces.

I wouldn't throw stones, I'll just say that.

I wouldn't rely on whatever sources you're using for information. I'll just say that.
aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This thread: literally 29 pages of people trying to "gotcha" each other. How are you guys not bored yet?

You're so lucky to be a conservative because as everyone knows it's just impossible to find a conservative with controversial views that are considered reprehensible to even their fellow conservatives. Alas, it's a problem we liberals alone have to deal with.
It is very difficult actually. Every conservative person I know is a normal decent family person who is loving and tolerant towards others. The modern left is the side that is completely out of control. The fringe has now become mainstream. Look at what your side is pushing for in many states...abortion with no restrictions...chemical castration and breast removal for un-consenting minors. Are there small pockets of extreme tiki torch weirdos on the right? Sure. But there are many doctors and politicians and tens of millions of liberals advocating for removing breasts of 13 year old girls etc. Could go on and on with the crazy sh** the left openly embraces.

I wouldn't rely on whatever sources you're using for information. I'll just say that.
LOL.. coming from you of all people.
tk for tu juan
Aggie_Journalist
AG
At what point does this thread get moved to the politics board?
Thanks and gig'em
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rocag said:

Your description of mainstream liberals is so cartoonishly inaccurate I'm having trouble deciding whether you actually believe it or are you just trying to be proactive. Do you also think we sit around twirling our mustaches and cackling evilly?

Ummm…his description was based on actual legislation…
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You mean specific legislation tossed out by state representatives?
Eso si, Que es
Update from Friendswood.

Opened on 7/4 with 4 showings per day in Star Cinema Grill. Every day it is sold out.
On 7/14 had 6 showings - sold out
On 7/15 had 7 showings - sold out
On 7/16 and for the entirety of this week, dropped to 3 showings per day, sold out.
On 7/17 at 10AM 3 shows added for 6 shows. First show started 1 hour later and only 4 seats were bought for that show, the other 5 showings were sold out (258/297 seats).
On 7/18 at 10 AM 2 shows were added for 5 total shows, they will sell out.

7/17 - showings, seats bought/offered = % sold
Elemental 3 showings, 42/135 = 31%
Indiana Jones - 4 showings, 58/232 = 25%
Insidious - 4 showings, 57/268 = 21%
Joy Ride - 2 showings, 13/138 = 9%
Ruby Gilman - 1 showing, 10/161 = 6%
Spiderman - 3 showings, 34/183 = 19%
Transformers - 4 showings, 40/184 = 22%
MI7 - 10 showings, 167/1271 = 13%
Sound of Freedom - 5 showings 258/297 = 87%

Sound of Freedom had 38% of the day's customers and only 10% of the capacity

Cinemark (across the interstate) is doing 12-14 shows per day with about 800 seat total capacity and is running about 75% capacity.

Dimebag Darrell
Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

DUDE, THIS IS SH** PUSHED BY VIRTUALLY ALL LIBERAL POLITICIANS, MEDIA, WOKE CORPS, CELEBS ETC. Obama came out yesterday crying about gay pr0n books being pulled from childrens school libraries. I cannot even post the sexual images from "Gender Queer" on here without getting a perma-ban. Teenagers giving each other blowjobs. And the left loses their sh** saying Desantis and now other governors are "banning books" (Hint: pulling books from school libraries is NOT banning). Never mind it is the left that has pulled books like Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird, Fahrenheit 451, 1984 etc. YOUR SIDE IS OUT OF CONTROL. OWN IT.

My point is that the modern narrative is that conservatives are shifting hard right, but it is really the mainstream left that has become fringe.

I know it hurts for some to do any form of self reflecting whatsoever.
Rocag
AG
I suspect we're getting into the territory of arguing about definitions, but no I don't support and the vast majority of liberals don't support what you've said. But like I said, we'll probably disagree about what treatments should and shouldn't be allowed for minors or how we define late term abortion and so on.

But yeah this is straying far from entertainment board territory which I'd rather not do.
Dimebag Darrell
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You mean specific legislation tossed out by state representatives?
It's incredible.
Sapper Redux

Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

DUDE, THIS IS SH** PUSHED BY VIRTUALLY ALL LIBERAL POLITICIANS, MEDIA, WOKE CORPS, CELEBS ETC. Obama came out yesterday crying about gay pr0n books being pulled from childrens school libraries. I cannot even post the sexual images from "Gender Queer" on here without getting a perma-ban. Teenagers giving each other blowjobs. And the left loses their sh** saying Desantis and now other governors are "banning books" (Hint: pulling books from school libraries is NOT banning). Never mind it is the left that has pulled books like Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird, Fahrenheit 451, 1984 etc. YOUR SIDE IS OUT OF CONTROL. OWN IT.

My point is that the modern narrative is that conservatives are shifting hard right, but it is really the mainstream left that has become fringe.

You seem upset. Take your pro-book banning and anti-trans takes back to f16. Thanks.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

You seem upset. Take your pro-book banning and anti-trans takes back to f16. Thanks.

Say, what is the penalty in Florida for saying, "Gay", anyway?

Dimebag Darrell
Rocag said:

I suspect we're getting into the territory of arguing about definitions, but no I don't support and the vast majority of liberals don't support what you've said. But like I said, we'll probably disagree about what treatments should and shouldn't be allowed for minors or how we define late term abortion and so on.

But yeah this is straying far from entertainment board territory which I'd rather not do.
YEs you do. If you vote for leaders that do. Then you absolutely support it. If you stopped voting for any democrat politicians because they have gotten out of control with this, then I will concede.

And yes, you are right, outside of counseling, I could not be more opposed to medical treatments in the form of surgery or hormones for children/minors.

But in Cali and other liberal states, doctors are removing breasts from THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS, and chemically castrating many more pre-teens. That means this is not "fringe". This is accepted science and medical policy in many states. Own it, these are your people.
Rocag
AG

Rocag said:

Can you point me to the legislation for "chemical castration and breast removal for un-consenting minors"?
Dimebag Darrell
Sapper Redux said:

Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

One thing I can guarantee with absolute certainty is that you would address me much differently in person. P*ss off troll.
aTmAg
AG
Rocag said:

No definition territory. I'm just asking 2 simple questions:

1) Do you support non-reversible gender "affirming" care for minors? (surgery, puberty blockers, etc.)
2) Do you support abortion on demand until birth
aTmAg
AG
Rocag said:

Rocag said:

Can you point me to the legislation for "chemical castration and breast removal for un-consenting minors"?
If minors can't consent to sex, then they can't consent to having their breasts removed.

HTH
Prime0882
AG

Sapper Redux said:

Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

One thing I can guarantee with absolute certainty is that you would address me much differently in person. P*ss off troll.
Dimebag Darrell
Rocag said:

Rocag said:

It is legal in many states. You need legislation to make things illegal. Which is what Florida, and Texas, and I believe other states are doing, thank God. But California and other states are passing legislation like the below, which gives preferential treatment to parents in custody battles who affirm the gender of their child.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/california-gender-affirming-bill-controversy-capitol/

But in terms of these barbaric procedures on kids who can't even consent to getting tattoos...it's happening and it didn't need any legislation. Legislation is needed to stop it, but this will never happen in these backwards blue states.
Dimebag Darrell
Aggie_Journalist said:

At what point does this thread get moved to the politics board?
Politics inundates Hollywood. Watch ANY awards show, for starters. Hollywood, by and large, IS politics. It's one of the biggest, most monolithic unofficial political organizations in the world, imo. I wish it wasn't so, but it is. Naturally, there would be a bleeding over of political discussion on a forum dedicated to left wing Hollywood.

Leftists have zero problem with how Hollywood is, because those are their political allies. If the shoe was on the other foot, they'd weep and gnash teeth. As we see any time conservative takes are presented on this board.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Sapper Redux said:

Rocag said:

aTmAg said:

Rocag said:

ChemEAg08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"I got nothing" would have been a much more apt response from you here.
Rocag
AG
1. No, but it's already clear from the question we disagree on what is non-reversible and what isn't. Puberty blockers for example.

2. No, but I do support late term abortions in some circumstances. I don't use that term interchangeably with abortion on demand.

And this should move to the politics board at this point.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rocag said:

Rocag said:

Your ignorance isn't my command but here you go anyway.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-transgender-colorado-law-0ac4525f076692b479c9c16f3a1f72b3#:~:text=The%20main%20goal%20of%20the,surgery%20without%20fear%20of%20prosecution.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Is it really possible to discuss a politically charged movie such as this without involving politics?

Your previous post involves political discussion that, as far as I know, is not part of this movie. But the movie itself is, like it or not, a political movie. It's not like people are discussing Indiana Jones or The Flash here. I'd say Barbie or Oppenheimer, but for the former there have already been some political stances on that one (no, not gonna rehash or comment beyond that as I have not seen that nor will I see it any time soon), and the latter has always been a political topic going back to when we actually dropped that ****er, twice.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rocag said:

1. No, but it's already clear from the question we disagree on what is non-reversible and what isn't. Puberty blockers for example.

2. No, but I do support late term abortions in some circumstances. I don't use that term interchangeably with abortion on demand.

I'm confused why one thread on an entire board "needs to be moved" to the politics board when Hollywood and politics clearly go hand in hand. This thread is actually a really good example of that.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rocag said:

"I don't support these things but keep giving power to people who do" isn't a great argument.
Rocag
AG
I read your article. It doesn't say what you claim it does.

And we're arguing in circles here...

You: You support X!
Me: No, I support Y.
You: Y is X!
Me: No it isn't.

Doesn't really get us anywhere.
Legal Custodian
AG
So I refuse to see this movie. Not for any political reason, but rather the subject matter. I have 3 little kids at home, and I'm not sure I'd be able to watch anything about this stuff. I'll either be a sobbing mess thinking of the poor kids that didn't have anyone to protect them or be enraged that there are evil people in this world that would do these types of things to innocent kids.

I'm not hiding my head in the sand as I know it's real and probably way more prevalent than any of us would like to believe, but I'm not sure I can emotionally handle it watching this movie.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rocag said:

I read your article. It doesn't say what you claim it does.

I was about to ask you for clarification then realized you're playing a game of semantics for the sole purpose of obfuscation.

I will leave it at this…I think "gender affirming" care (LO freaking L…kind of like "reproductive rights" according to the left actually means killing babies) for minors is monstrous and hope more people put more thought into this before they realize they're on the wrong side of history with this absurd nonsense.
Dimebag Darrell
Rocag said:

LOL, the other day I was reading about a dude with a micro-*****, whose genitals never developed because his puberty was blocked/disrupted. You think you can just have a do over at a much later age on puberty? You really think a 25 year old man can just go through puberty? It doesn't work that way. But I get it, the brightest liberals in the land, including the most recent SCOTUS judge appointed, cannot define what a woman is and think men can get pregnant. So something like the ramifications of skipping puberty would be like quantum physics to them.
aTmAg
AG

Rocag said:

I'm confused why one thread on an entire board "needs to be moved" to the politics board when Hollywood and politics clearly go hand in hand. This thread is actually a really good example of that.
It shouldn't be a good example. Libs should be as on board with this movie just as much as sane people.
Dimebag Darrell
Legal Custodian said:

So I refuse to see this movie. Not for any political reason, but rather the subject matter. I have 3 little kids at home, and I'm not sure I'd be able to watch anything about this stuff. I'll either be a sobbing mess thinking of the poor kids that didn't have anyone to protect them or be enraged that there are evil people in this world that would do these types of things to innocent kids.

I'm not hiding my head in the sand as I know it's real and probably way more prevalent than any of us would like to believe, but I'm not sure I can emotionally handle it watching this movie.
For similar reasons, I am very nervous about seeing it and have been putting it off...but I know I will see it. I feel like it deserves to be seen...those children went through much worse, and it continues to happen, and me being uncomfortable with their story pales in comparison. I get it though, for sure...I cannot even let my mind go there for more than a second when it comes to my daughter. I would take delight in personally disposing of the types of people who engage in child sex trafficking. I have seen hardened Marines and Navy Seals give reviews, saying they were brought to tears at certain points, but at other points were filled with rage. I don't like going into something KNOWING I will cry or be overcome with angry emotion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.