Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,675 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
Dimebag Darrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Brittmoore Car Club said:

The Green Dragon said:

Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trump head. Roman Polanski raping a 13 year old.

Exactly. Could go on and on and on. If TCTTS is willing to call every person we have named an absolute lunatic, I can at least respect that. But I still don't think Tim Ballard or Jim Caveizel are anywhere close to the same ballpark.

Judd Apatow too. Hates people like my mom and grandmother who voted for the guy who wasn't a dementia riddled child sniffing/groping racist idiot with a crackhead perv son.

If TCTTS can go on record calling Judd, DeNiro, Baldwin, Jimmy Kimmel, and Jennifer Lawrence lunatics, I'll have some respect. Kathy Griffin is c-list low hanging fruit.

I've absolutely gone on record here as calling out Baldwin, in all that Rust mess. That dude has shown his true colors for sure, and I've lost all respect for him.

DeNiro's a great actor but an old crank.

Lawrence seems like a fun hang, but not the brightest bulb.

Apatow has my respect for defining an entire era of comedy I loved, but he's definitely gotten lost in the bubble since 2016, and his comedy has suffered for it since.

As for Kimmel, though, I actually like him. Sorry.

Let's see who else... off the top of my head I can't stand Jared Leto, James Cordon, Ashton Kutcher, Sean Penn, Katherine Heigl, Ellen Degeneres...

Is that enough names to earn "some" of your respect?

The thing is, like I've said multiple times now, I actually call out Hollywood all the time on this board. Working in this industry, there are so many people and practices I cannot stand, and I vent about them often. Granted, the worst of it I can't complain about publicly, but still, you guys conveniently ignore my venting, and only focus on the times I defend this town, which is only ever to cut though the dumbest, most cliched nonsense, and never a blind defense of legit bad people.
What makes Tim Ballard a lunatic and not hate-filled uber partisan Jimmy Kimmel? Jimmy Kimmel isn't worthy of holding Tim Ballard's jock. Hollywood is FILLED with psychopaths, sociopaths and people with extreme cases of narcissistic personality disorder. Drug addicts as well.
Dimebag Darrell
PatAg said:

It's always interesting how some topics end up filled with people that never post in Entertainment.
Well TCTTS loves dropping bombs like calling a guy who devotes his life to saving children from the slave trade "lunatic". He can't help himself. Then when he gets called out by people, who otherwise wouldn't have had a problem, he goes into dramatic victim mode. Rinse, wash and repeat. He is NEVER at fault.

If Tim Ballard is a lunatic, almost everyone TCTTS adores in Hollywood is a RAGING lunatic.
Robert L. Peters
To make it worse, each of the allegations laid against this man are lies. So basically, we are arguing with deluded people.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'm just sitting here surprised that britmoore car club managed to break away from his Disney vendetta to make this thread a new highway for F16
BCSWguru
so is this movie any good or not? Its got a 99% audience score. I realize RT has gone to crap, but 99% is almost not real.
Tibbers
BCSWguru said:

so is this movie any good or not? Its got a 99% audience score. I realize RT has gone to crap, but 99% is almost not real.

Only one way to really know. Support the film and grab a ticket! I'll be seeing it soon as well.
Robert L. Peters
Ghost of Bisbee said:

I'm just sitting here surprised that britmoore car club managed to break away from his Disney vendetta to make this thread a new highway for F16

Are you more surprised by this or how out of their way posters have gone to discount the reality of child sex trafficking.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
jeffk
AG
Literally no one has done that. In fact almost every post has been supportive of the problem of trafficking getting more attention and more resources to address.
Robert L. Peters
jeffk said:

Literally no one has done that. In fact almost every post has been supportive of the problem of trafficking getting more attention and more resources to address.

Sorry, you're right. They didn't attack the message, just the messenger.
jeffk
aTmAg
AG
Does anybody here deny the fact that there have been credible stories of widespread pedos throughout Hollywood?

Just wondering.
Beast of Burden
Quote:

lol vice news…
Dimebag Darrell
Beast of Burden said:

Quote:

lol vice news…
"Oh come on, we're like, totally, like, real, unbiased news. Btw, MEAT IS MURDER!"

Proposition Joe
Originally gave it the benefit of the doubt, but OP sounds a whole lot like astroturfing at this point.
Coog97
Beast of Burden said:

Quote:

lol vice news…

And, of course, there it is… "Backed by Donald Trump…"

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
captkirk
AG
If Travis View says it, must be true
Dimebag Darrell
captkirk said:

If Travis View says it, must be true
LOL take it to the bank...

Tibbers
Proposition Joe said:

Originally gave it the benefit of the doubt, but OP sounds a whole lot like astroturfing at this point.

If so, hats off to him, but I doubt it. In my opinion, he's a true believer.
Eso si, Que es
Quote:

With a rare Tuesday opening, "Sound of Freedom" (Angel Studios), a drama starring Jim Caviezel as a real-life rescuer of children from traffickers, grossed $11,563,200 just under the day's total for "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" (Disney), which played in almost 2,000 more theaters.
Another difference: "Indiana Jones" often played on multiple screens. Based on theater spot-checks, "Freedom" played mostly single screens, often with smaller capacities, and saw sold-out shows. The result was a stark contrast in the films' per-theater average: "Indiana" was about $2,600 in 4,600 theaters, while "Freedom" saw about $4,400 in 2,634 theaters.
Angel also reported that its "Pay It Forward" promotion grossed an additional $2,679,000 thanks to patrons buying gift tickets for others for future use. Under normal industry practice, that revenue should be counted as they are used. With that among added, the day's take for the film exceeded $14.2 million, which would make it #1 for the day.
https://www.indiewire.com/news/box-office/sound-of-freedom-box-office-1234881239/

I keep looking at local theaters and with limited showings each theater is already fairly prebooked for any showing between noon and 8PM at about 80% capacity through Sunday. For reference, Indiana Jones is prebooked at about 5% capacity during those times. Of course Indy has about 4 times total capacity of Freedom, so people probably aren't buying ahead. Obviously Indiana Jones Will gross more, but this thing has traction.

Someone has to see the trend, audiences are craving non recycled, good, original content.
beanbean

When you order Jim Halpert from wish.com.
Albatross Necklace
Sound of Freedom outsold Indy 5?

Now it makes sense why they published hit pieces labeling it a conspiracy theory
aTmAg
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Quote:

With a rare Tuesday opening, "Sound of Freedom" (Angel Studios), a drama starring Jim Caviezel as a real-life rescuer of children from traffickers, grossed $11,563,200 just under the day's total for "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" (Disney), which played in almost 2,000 more theaters.
Another difference: "Indiana Jones" often played on multiple screens. Based on theater spot-checks, "Freedom" played mostly single screens, often with smaller capacities, and saw sold-out shows. The result was a stark contrast in the films' per-theater average: "Indiana" was about $2,600 in 4,600 theaters, while "Freedom" saw about $4,400 in 2,634 theaters.
Angel also reported that its "Pay It Forward" promotion grossed an additional $2,679,000 thanks to patrons buying gift tickets for others for future use. Under normal industry practice, that revenue should be counted as they are used. With that among added, the day's take for the film exceeded $14.2 million, which would make it #1 for the day.
https://www.indiewire.com/news/box-office/sound-of-freedom-box-office-1234881239/

I keep looking at local theaters and with limited showings each theater is already fairly prebooked for any showing between noon and 8PM at about 80% capacity through Sunday. For reference, Indiana Jones is prebooked at about 5% capacity during those times. Of course Indy has about 4 times total capacity of Freedom, so people probably aren't buying ahead. Obviously Indiana Jones Will gross more, but this thing has traction.

Someone has to see the trend, audiences are craving non recycled, good, original content.
Non-woke content.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Does anybody here deny the fact that there have been credible stories of widespread pedos throughout Hollywood?

Just wondering.

Which stories?
Albatross Necklace

aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Just wondering.

Which stories?
Google any?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/showbiz-kids-exposes-hollywoods-pedophilia-epidemic
Beast of Burden
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Just wondering.

Which stories?

Seriously, bro? This is what you're reduced to?

Hahahahahaha.
Sapper Redux
With the turn this thread had taken, I was curious if you just meant the plausible allegations or the "Tom Hanks drinks kids' blood" allegations.
Sapper Redux
Beast of Burden said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Just wondering.

Which stories?

Seriously, bro? This is what you're reduced to?

Hahahahahaha.

Reduced to what? I was curious which cases he was referring to.
aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

With the turn this thread had taken, I was curious if you just meant the plausible allegations or the "Tom Hanks drinks kids' blood" allegations.
Never heard of that one.
Dimebag Darrell
beanbean said:

When you order Jim Halpert from wish.com.
lol'd
Saxsoon
AG
Is there a thread to talk about the movie?
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Coog97
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Just wondering.

Which stories?

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
13B
Beast of Burden said:

Quote:

lol vice news…
The pinnacle of non-biased/apolitical reporting!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Saxsoon said:

Is there a thread to talk about the movie?

Of course not. It's like the last of us thread, but not quite as bad
Capybara
It's unfortunate that large portions of audiences no longer care about the broader aesthetics of any film. I'd probably just kms if I were middle-aged and getting into arguments online about human/child trafficking as it relates to some poorly-made movie like this one. Every nation's intelligence organizations either abet or ignore this stuff. Sucks, but sh/t movies like this have no shot at cracking that open.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.