Are any alien invasion movies realistic?

6,094 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by schmendeler
videoag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
we have no clue what any other species could possibly do, it's fun to speculate, but there are zero facts
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Robert L. Peters
GoAgs92 said:

The Green Dragon said:

GoAgs92 said:

TCTTS needs to cutback on the edibles.

I agree with TCTTS. There's absolutely no reason that an extraterrestrial needs to travel by vehicle. A vehicle is something that allows you to travel through space (any space) - and in our perspective that travel is through a 3 dimensional space.

I tend to believe all of the ufo sightings and abductions are government schemes to perpetuate fear of extraterrestrials. I think they are bunk.

Hell, even the term extraterrestrial is reference to "terra" , which is a property of this third dimension. When we perceive the world, we are limited. Like a fish doesn't have the same perspective of water as we do, and water is within our third dimension. How can we possibly comprehend manipulation of time or other higher dimensions?

And this concept goes exactly to my point in my OP. All of our invasion movies are predicated on the concept of the third dimension. What's the ultimate way to destroy a fish? To hunt it down or to take away its water?
If Aliens don't travel in vehicles…what are the UFOs that get reported, they sure look like vehicles. That would just prove that UFOs are man made and not alien at all, which is actually the truth of the matter.

Respectfully, as I said in my post, I think the ufos are govt made.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Teacher_Ag
AG
For those of y'all really interested in this subject matter, Lex Fridman's recent interview with David Kipping is a great watch/listen. They go into a lot of topics and Fridman's takes are really interesting and fun to imagine while still being grounded in science.
malenurse
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

we have no clue what any other species could possibly do, it's fun to speculate, but there are zero facts
For your consideration

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
GoAgs92
AG
The Green Dragon said:

GoAgs92 said:

The Green Dragon said:

GoAgs92 said:

TCTTS needs to cutback on the edibles.

I agree with TCTTS. There's absolutely no reason that an extraterrestrial needs to travel by vehicle. A vehicle is something that allows you to travel through space (any space) - and in our perspective that travel is through a 3 dimensional space.

I tend to believe all of the ufo sightings and abductions are government schemes to perpetuate fear of extraterrestrials. I think they are bunk.

Hell, even the term extraterrestrial is reference to "terra" , which is a property of this third dimension. When we perceive the world, we are limited. Like a fish doesn't have the same perspective of water as we do, and water is within our third dimension. How can we possibly comprehend manipulation of time or other higher dimensions?

And this concept goes exactly to my point in my OP. All of our invasion movies are predicated on the concept of the third dimension. What's the ultimate way to destroy a fish? To hunt it down or to take away its water?
If Aliens don't travel in vehicles…what are the UFOs that get reported, they sure look like vehicles. That would just prove that UFOs are man made and not alien at all, which is actually the truth of the matter.

Respectfully, as I said in my post, I think the ufos are govt made.
In my defense, once you said "I agree with TCTTS" I quit reading. Ha.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
How come UFOs only show up around pilots/advanced military tech and never over the billions of people with cell phones?
TCTTS
AG
Alaska "balloon" situation…

TCTTS
AG
And now another unidentified object shot down over Canada, by U.S. forces. What the hell is happening? Green Dragon…

TCTTS
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Canada being the one to discover and release undeniable proof of aliens would make a great South Park episode
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

How come UFOs only show up around pilots/advanced military tech and never over the billions of people with cell phones?

What do our pilots/military have that billions of people with cell phones don't? The most advanced radar detection capabilities on the planet. In nearly every single instance in which a pilot has reported seeing a UAP, they were first detected on radar, pilots then go check them out, eventually making visual contact, often either over oceans or tens of thousand of feet higher than most commercial flights. These things are rarely seen flying over highly populated areas. Also, they seem to have a particular interest in our military capabilities, especially anything nuclear related.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://petapixel.com/2023/02/10/mysterious-green-laser-beams-over-hawaii-came-from-chinese-satellite/
oragator
We could also encounter a species that has no concept of war.

In which case we would win easily,

That's where I'm pinning my hopes when they land.
Swarely
Just finished last night. What a gloriously terrible book. I enjoyed every minute of reading.
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
Chipotlemonger
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Canada being the one to discover and release undeniable proof of aliens would make a great South Park episode
The Porkchop Express
AG
Swarely said:

Just finished last night. What a gloriously terrible book. I enjoyed every minute of reading.
There are 2 more if you didn't notice! Just as implausible!
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Quote:

70 spaniards with iron spears and helmets, a dog or two, maybe a few primitive firearms, and a couple of horses was enough to conquer a million people relying on stone weapons.

That's a gross oversimplification of the history at best, an ignorant understanding of it at worst.
Absolute
AG
Don't have the time or bandwidth to get real in depth. Interesting question though.

Ran across a sci-fi series on Kindle unlimited that took an opposite viewpoint on humans and ets. By TR Harris - the human chronologicals. It's not high level rush out and but stuff, but it's okay. I found the premise interesting for a bit (there are a bunch of books.). Basically that humans' violent warlike nature, lack of reliance of technology to apply said violence and coming from a higher gravity world (who knows how this compares) make us superior fighters. That combined with our honey badger attitude and the refined advance established nature of the advance races make a difference.

One of the interesting premises of the series is that the "advanced species" happened to evolve on planet near enough to each other to recognize from early tech that the were not "alone in the universe.". This led to a different evolution without reliance on a God that put them above anything else in the ni universe. Again,to me, interesting to think about

Who knows? I'm really tooo old and tired to care about worrying about that potential event in light of all the crap we cause for ourselves.
Swarely
The Porkchop Express said:

Swarely said:

There are 2 more if you didn't notice! Just as implausible!

Guess I'm not getting any work done this week.
I accidentally clicked the signature button.
hbc07
AG
I don't know if a movie was made of it, but I could see it being a situation like "Rendezvous with Rama". Just a random big object lurking through the solar system and not really paying us any attention.

Either that, or like the Expanse. We come across the remains intelligent life that has been extinct for billions of years... and that's it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I remember Morgan Freeman being attached to Rama back in the 90s or 00s but it never got made. Too high concept.
Charles Hickson Knows

Yes.
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
TCTTS
AG
Pretty wild headline/quote, all things considered...

redline248
AG
Charles Hickson Knows

Another one..

Not sure if this should be catagorized as an invasion..perhaps a visitation? Fantastic documentary of a real event in Africa back in 1994.
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
schmendeler
AG
Arrival?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.