*** THE WHITE LOTUS *** (Season 2)

60,231 Views | 601 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by bluefire579
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premieres tomorrow. I'll be surprised if it lives up to season one, but reviews for season two are incredibly encouraging/good so far...

The White Lotus
Season 2 (7 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13406094/
October 30, 2022
HBO + HBO Max

20ag07
Mike White is never not interesting. This will likely be messy and whacky, but not boring.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The most sneaky good show in a while. I wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't for this board.
Txmoe
AG
I wonder if there will be as much actual book reading as season one.
Quinn
AG
Looking forward to it!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Excited for this

I might wait until they've all aired before I watch.
Loved S1

YNWA_AG
AG
Can't wait
Roland Schitt
AG
Well after episode 1 all I know is that I miss Armand
cab559
AG
I'm in. Good episode.
Big Al 1992
AG
Should've waited to binge. Great first episode.
Bunbury
AG
Great first episode, with the greenlight to go anywhere in the world and they picked an awesome location. I had some hopes that they may avoid the murder mystery element, but I enjoy that it feels a bit like 'Clue' each season, and you're going to try to piece together Who, Where, and How.

Let's just hope they keep up the tradition that you have to show a ***** in the opening episode of each season lol.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I was curious if the murder mystery element was just going to be a season one thing, or if it would be a defining factor of the show going forward. Granted, I don't see how they can keep doing multiple seasons of people dying at White Lotus resorts, but for now I'm totally in, and I like how it's multiple question mark deaths this season instead of just one. Great cast/characters so far too.
LMCane
Bunbury said:

Great first episode, with the greenlight to go anywhere in the world and they picked an awesome location. I had some hopes that they may avoid the murder mystery element, but I enjoy that it feels a bit like 'Clue' each season, and you're going to try to piece together Who, Where, and How.

Let's just hope they keep up the tradition that you have to show a ***** in the opening episode of each season lol.

as long as there is not gratuitious ghey s@x scenes it has to be better than season one
javajaws
AG
"You need to drain the sack!"
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
dar adal's farting was hilarious

Also Aubrey plaza never ages
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Also, the two animated rams having sex in the intro is funny
LMCane
so far it's better than season one

how much would you pay for Michael Imperioli's "girlfriend"?

that dude is the GOAT
Txmoe
AG
Roland *****t said:

That guy was the $hi+!
Potcake
AG
Txmoe said:

Roland *****t said:

That guy took a. $hi+!

FIFY
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im on Ep 5 of season one and dont really know what to think of this show except that it's boring and nothing interesting ever happens.

If the only recurring character they bring back to season two is the most unlikable and boring of season 1 (Stifler's Mom), I dont know if Im interested.
20ag07
Quote:

If the only recurring character they bring back to season two is the most unlikable and boring of season 1 (Stifler's Mom), I dont know if Im interested.
Was there a likeable character?

That's largely the point.

They even found a way to make Tami Taylor unlikeable.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Yeah, I'd say if you're that far in and don't like it, then it isn't for you.

The whole show is just satirical conversations by these terrible people, and there is some plot going on in the background but thats just to give it SOME structure.
GIF Reactor
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, I was curious if the murder mystery element was just going to be a season one thing, or if it would be a defining factor of the show going forward. Granted, I don't see how they can keep doing multiple seasons of people dying at White Lotus resorts, but for now I'm totally in, and I like how it's multiple question mark deaths this season instead of just one. Great cast/characters so far too.
I don't know, someone died in practically every single place Jessica Fletcher visited, but it worked. I just wonder why no one ever banned her from coming to town?
TCTTS
AG
Pretty good second episode. Feels like we're definitely missing an Armond-type, and the hilarious drama that came with his character, but I'm still liking this season and its comparative slow burn.

We've had two episodes so far, each basically a full day, each ending at night. Seven episodes total = one week. Was last season the same structure? I can't remember it being that intentional, but maybe it was.

Either way, an intriguing final scene, with next week really looking to take things up a notch.
BudFox7
None of the quirkiness that made season 1 great.
Quinn
AG
So far the hotel Manager and the newly rich tech husband aren't landing at all for me. Not sure if it's the writing or the the acting, but these two roles seem like big downgrades compared to last season.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Are we to presume that Tanya could hear what her husband was saying on the phone at the end there? They made it look like she heard him but there wasn't an open window or door that I noticed, and he wasn't speaking particularly loudly.
Squirrel Master
AG
I'm really enjoying so far. It's tough to compare to the first season. Armand and Steve Zahn's characters are tough to replace, making this less in your face comedy.

I did think the scene where Dad is adding the two girls to his room was hilarious.

My prediction from episode 1 is that Aubrey Plaza is going to hook up with Theo James.

Speaking of James, between this and time traveller's wife, I've seen a lot of his ass this year.
GIF Reactor
AG
TCTTS said:

Pretty good second episode. Feels like we're definitely missing an Armond-type, and the hilarious drama that came with his character, but I'm still liking this season and its comparative slow burn.

The characters in season 1 were so great. Admittedly I haven't seen any of season 2 yet, but I was wondering how it would fair without these 3 specifically:

frenchtoast
They didn't waste much time getting to the man butt scenes. Hopefully no sh*tting this season.

So far I'm enjoying it. Seems a bit different than last season. I'm wondering if the rich young tech couple will have some kind of dark secret. I thought they were going to be swingers at first.
Ervin Burrell
AG
frenchtoast said:

They didn't waste much time getting to the man butt scenes. Hopefully no sh*tting this season.

So far I'm enjoying it. Seems a bit different than last season. I'm wondering if the rich young tech couple will have some kind of dark secret. I thought they were going to be swingers at first.
I could easily see it revealed that they're dead ass broke and that's why the husband is cozying up to the newly rich "friend."
LMCane
BudFox7 said:

disagree

much prefer this season!

it's interesting to see the characters develop- and I pretty much completely forgot there is a dead body at some point!

anyone know the actress who plays the brunette friend of Michael Imperioli?
LMCane
Squirrel Master said:

I'm really enjoying so far. It's tough to compare to the first season. Armand and Steve Zahn's characters are tough to replace, making this less in your face comedy.

I did think the scene where Dad is adding the two girls to his room was hilarious.

My prediction from episode 1 is that Aubrey Plaza is going to hook up with Theo James.

Speaking of James, between this and time traveller's wife, I've seen a lot of his ass this year.
excellent points
TCTTS
AG
frenchtoast
LMCane said:

BudFox7 said:

disagree

much prefer this season!

it's interesting to see the characters develop- and I pretty much completely forgot there is a dead body at some point!

anyone know the actress who plays the brunette friend of Michael Imperioli?
The ***** with the nice rack? Some girl named Simona Tabasco (heh). Looks like she's been mostly in Italian stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.