Adnan Sayed (Serial) update

11,337 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Guitarsoup
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crazy ***** sounds like he is going to walk

Rudyjax
AG
That's some ****ed up *****

Dude is guilty as ****.
canadiaggie
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

They found the victim's car behind one of the other unnamed suspect's house and refused to investigate further. The prosecutors at the time apparently knew that this other suspect threatened to make the victim "disappear." The prosecutors were aware of this before Adnan was convicted.

Did he do it? No clue. But not investigating the other possibilities and honing in on one guy when there was a lot of evidence suppressed that pointed at others is not how the justice system should work.
agdoc2001
AG
canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

They found the victim's car behind one of the other unnamed suspect's house and refused to investigate further. The prosecutors at the time apparently knew that this other suspect threatened to make the victim "disappear." The prosecutors were aware of this before Adnan was convicted.

Did he do it? Yes.
FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
AG
canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

Did he do it? No clue. But not investigating the other possibilities and honing in on one guy when there was a lot of evidence suppressed that pointed at others is not how the justice system should work.
Dude...his" friend" was shown the body by Syed. His "friend" helped bury her.

He's guilty.

At the same time he's served a lot of time and he was only 17.

canadiaggie
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

I doubt they ask the court to vacate the conviction unless some damning evidence came to light regarding the other two suspects the state's attorney referenced in the motion. Just my opinion.
Rex Racer
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

His "friend"... You're referring to Jay. Jay told so many different stories that he has absolutely ZERO credibility. And he was led through his interview by the police. Adnan should have never been convicted. I don't know if Adnan did it or not. I lean towards "not". But he definitely should not have been convicted.
Rudyjax
AG
Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

His "friend"... You're referring to Jay. Jay told so many different stories that he has absolutely ZERO credibility. And he was led through his interview by the police. Adnan should have never been convicted. I don't know if Adnan did it or not. I lean towards "not". But he definitely should not have been convicted.
You'll neve con

Tell me you haven't studied the case without telling me you haven't studied the case.

Rex Racer
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

Tell me you haven't studied the case without telling me you haven't studied the case.

Have listened to every podcast I could find on the case, including Undisclosed, which goes into a LOT more depth than Serial. There is zero credibility to anything Jay says.
tysker
AG
He was convicted in Feb 2000, so he basically served all of his 30-year sentence. He's already missed a lot of life. Pitch Black, The Beach, and Reindeer Games were released that same month. When he went to jail Savage Garden were hitmakers *shiver*
Rudyjax
AG
Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

Have listened to every podcast I could find on the case, including Undisclosed, which goes into a LOT more depth than Serial. There is zero credibility to anything Jay says.

Undisclosed is literally out out by Adnans defense team.

There's a reason why project innocence stopped looking into it.

Oh well. He did it. He may get out but it's not like he got away with it.

I'm finished discussing this.
Rex Racer
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

No, it was started by Rabia, a friend, but there are two other unrelated attorneys on the podcast. And the evidence doesn't lie. The police focused on Adnan and did what they had to do to ensure a conviction.
Rudyjax
AG
Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

No, it was started by Rabia, a friend, but there are two other unrelated attorneys on the podcast. And the evidence doesn't lie. The police focused on Adnan and did what they to do to ensure a conviction.

You are correct. The evidence doesn't lie.

Rex Racer
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

No, it was started by Rabia, a friend, but there are two other unrelated attorneys on the podcast. And the evidence doesn't lie. The police focused on Adnan and did what they to do to ensure a conviction.

I thought you were done. There is no evidence that Adnan is guilty. None.
guadalupeag
Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

Jay knew where the victims car was parked. How did he know that if Adnan wasn't involved?
amercer
AG
guadalupeag said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

Jay knew where the victims car was parked. How did he know that if Adnan wasn't involved?

This was always the most damming thing to me. Jay may have been a less than credible guy, but he had no motive blame Adnan if he wasn't involved.

20 years is short in the US for murder, but not in a lot
of other 1st world countries.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Listening to Serial was my first experience with a true crime podcast at all and I quickly got addicted to it, but granted I havent listened to it since about late 2014, I have forgotten a lot of details. I watched Paradise Lost series on HBO when I was younger, but Serial was really well done and made me research into cases more than just the podcast.

I remember thinking he did it initially, then as i went through it, that he didn't, and then finally landed on that he did do it. Not certain why, it was more a feeling of him not being able to explain or articulate any information about the night in question. He didnt only not have an alibi, he couldnt even say what he was doing at all and his excuse was that he smoked weed. Sorry, you dont black out when you smoke weed.

Having listened to and watched a lot more true crime material since then, from documentaries/docu-series, podcasts, and other formats, I have learned a lot about interrogation techniques and flaws in our criminal justice system and specifically with law enforcement and criminal investigation. One of the common ones is getting 'tunnel vision' and going with their guts rather than what the evidence they have collected tells them. Will be interested to watch a new trial if he gets one.

I wonder if I would come out with a different opinion with the perspective that I have now.

I think there was an HBO documentary RE: Syed on HBO max. I recall watching an episode or two, but I had trouble because it was created by Rabia Chaudry and so I couldnt shake the fact that it was from a biased perspective, obviously, and not impartial.
GoAgs92
AG
Adnan most likely did it. The fact that he never even tried to call the victim to try and find her was pretty bad considering how close they supposedly were.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

The problem with podcasts is that they have a vested interest in you distorting with the outcome. It drives listeners and requires in free publicity, and if there wasn't anything controversial there be no story. Everything is selectively presented from that lens, so take it with a grain of salt.
amercer
AG
It is true though that a lot of "classic police work" has been shown to be coercive unscientific bull***** There are a ton of wrongful convictions/confessions out there.
Sponge
AG
Jay knew where the car was so it was adnan or some other third party jay was involved with. And he must have been scared enough of this third party to throw all the blame on adnan. Case against adnan wasn't very good and there is a big problem of motive but he probably is still the must likely suspect.
Rex Racer
AG
guadalupeag said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

That's the thing. We do not know for sure that Jay knew where the car was parked. And even if he did, he drove that area all the time and could have just seen it while driving around. Or, perhaps he knew where it was because HE put it there. Or perhaps he knows the real killer (some other third party besides Adnan).

It still is not evidence against Adnan. The only thing the prosecution has on Adnan is Jay's word, and he has changed his story every single time he has told it. Literally EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I don't believe Jay, and his mangled word is not enough to convict someone of murder, in my book. He's completely unreliable.

Adnan very well might have done it. I don't personally think so. But in either case, the problem I have with his conviction is the cops' manipulation of things and Jay's stories being the only evidence they had. The cell tower ping evidence is so incredibly weak once you understand it, particularly back then.

ABATTBQ11
AG
amercer said:

It is true though that a lot of "classic police work" has been shown to be coercive unscientific bull***** There are a ton of wrongful convictions/confessions out there.

Yeah, but, "I've listened to all the podcasts!" should never be a basis for, "I know what I'm talking about."
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rex Racer said:

guadalupeag said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

That's the thing. We do not know for sure that Jay knew where the car was parked. And even if he did, he drove that area all the time and could have just seen it while driving around. Or, perhaps he knew where it was because HE put it there. Or perhaps he knows the real killer (some other third party besides Adnan).

It still is not evidence against Adnan. The only thing the prosecution has on Adnan is Jay's word, and he has changed his story every single time he has told it. Literally EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I don't believe Jay, and his mangled word is not enough to convict someone of murder, in my book. He's completely unreliable.

Adnan very well might have done it. I don't personally think so. But in either case, the problem I have with his conviction is the cops' manipulation of things and Jay's stories being the only evidence they had. The cell tower ping evidence is so incredibly weak once you understand it, particularly back then.

Eyewitness accounts are generally progressively more unreliable the farther removed you are from an incident, and they bear an unreliability in detail even immediately after. The fact his story changed really isn't that significant because that's what you would expect. The more you recall an event, the more opportunity there is for memory modification because you reconstruct the memory more than you recall the memory. If there are holes in details of narrative, your brain fills them in automatically. Over time, memories evolve and change, but it is imperceptible to the recaller because there's no comparison available. You just assume it's correct because it's what you remember.
Rex Racer
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Rex Racer said:

guadalupeag said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Rex Racer said:

Ken Scarborough said:

canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Dude is guilty as ****.

He's guilty.

You'll neve con

Eyewitness accounts are generally progressively more unreliable the farther removed you are from an incident, and they bear an unreliability in detail even immediately after. The fact his story changed really isn't that significant because that's what you would expect. The more you recall an event, the more opportunity there is for memory modification because you reconstruct the memory more than you recall the memory. If there are holes in details of narrative, your brain fills them in automatically. Over time, memories evolve and change, but it is imperceptible to the recaller because there's no comparison available. You just assume it's correct because it's what you remember.
Yes, memories evolve and change over time, but within a month or two, you would not change your story of where you first saw a dead body in a trunk. Jay did that.

And again, Jay's word is ALL the evidence that they had. They misinterpreted cell phone records in order to try to support his statement, and when the cell phone records did not match his story, the police had him change his story. It is way too messy to convict someone of murder.

And there's an eyewitness that placed Adnan at the library when Hei was being killed. But that eyewitness conveniently doesn't count.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Just want to say the real crime is that Adnan and Sarah Koenig will likely never get to live out their lives together like she wants.
Rudyjax
AG
https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/experts-question-marilyn-mosbys-motives-for-motion-to-vacate-adnan-syeds-conviction

Quote:

"She's had eight years to review this case and now she finds compelling evidence after she's been booted from office and after the feds are going forward with her trial," Kennedy said. "It's not a coincidence that Marilyn Mosby is doing something that's in her best interest."

Doesn't prove anything one way or another, but the timing is very interesting.
canadiaggie
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/experts-question-marilyn-mosbys-motives-for-motion-to-vacate-adnan-syeds-conviction

Quote:

"She's had eight years to review this case and now she finds compelling evidence after she's been booted from office and after the feds are going forward with her trial," Kennedy said. "It's not a coincidence that Marilyn Mosby is doing something that's in her best interest."

Filing this motion is going to protect her from federal charges how?
Rudyjax
AG
canadiaggie said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Quote:

Filing this motion is going to protect her from federal charges how?

Distraction. Putting her in the news for something else.
Rex Racer
AG
Adnan could walk free on Monday.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-adnan-syed-hearing--20220916-ana2zjbojzhtlj3hthl4xjc2jm-story.html
guadalupeag
Walking free today, released under house arrest.

Judge orders new trial, wonder if it ever actually happens.
Rex Racer
AG
Adnan's conviction was vacated this afternoon. He will get a new trial.
Rudyjax
AG
Damn... Poor Rabia lost her honeypot.
gigemJTH12
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

I am sure once he settles with the state for about $50 million he will toss her a dollar or two
gigemJTH12
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

I wonder if he can legally go on her pod while on house arrest. or if his lawyer will let him.

that would do NUMBERS
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.